PDA

View Full Version : trans fix is complete

Hetrick Racing
03-10-2008, 07:43 AM
My clutch is done ,tested and ready
I spent some extra time and money,but it fits under your stock cover.
This is the only thing close to a fix for the transmission.
it will fit in any cover (the only one I didnt check is a dinli)

I can say they will be back ordered for about 2 weeks right now
just word of mouth has already taken all we had

raidernut
03-10-2008, 10:02 AM
wheres Buddies?;)

QuadJunkies
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Sweet!
We will take one too!:D

Btw... Rich, did Troy talk to you yet about the new gears?
I know he talked to Chris about them.

raidernut-that belt change seems to have made a nice difference.
He beat a couple 450's into the holeshot on Sat. :o :blah:

bulldogfallon
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing

Congratulations on solving our headache!!

Do you have any pics to share?

Also---Is it a bolt on fix or do you need to send your case in?

Put me down for a few please :)

Thanks for your efforts Rich

Hetrick Racing
03-11-2008, 06:46 AM
No cover or cover mods needed

sorry cant show any pics,till I get the pat. #Thats what I have been waiting on.

COLTBNME
03-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Are we on the list?

Colton Kellum#484
Hetrick TRX125
Hetrick DRR90

quadscrib
03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Any idea of cost?

quadscrib
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
???????

XXX -rider
03-13-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by quadscrib
Any idea of cost?

^ my question also :macho

Hetrick Racing
03-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Until we get 100 or more built at one time,it is very spendy.Or until someone copies it.
But I guess so are cases and transmissions.If you have replaced more than 4 trans or 1 case and 3 trans your in the ball park
I dont think I am allowed to post a price.
Call us
814-676-0477

dcarter
03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
hey rich,
thats a great idea. I am going to take my drawings and paper work showing where i have been testing my clutch since last september to my lawyers tomorrow. maybe we can stop some of these people from knocking off everything we come up with. really great idea! thanks

bulldogfallon
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Until we get 100 or more built at one time,it is very spendy.Or until someone copies it.
But I guess so are cases and transmissions.If you have replaced more than 4 trans or 1 case and 3 trans your in the ball park
I dont think I am allowed to post a price.
Call us
814-676-0477

You can't post a price, but anybody else can for you...Weird policy?

As a paid advertiser I don't mind if you post the price on this thread....I won't tell on you :) :)

wrhracing
03-13-2008, 06:22 PM
4 trannys ... They have a price on the web site .. maybe around ...
$165.00...

$660.00 per clutch kit x 100 = retirement :D for me.

mxdad423
03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by dcarter
hey rich,
thats a great idea. I am going to take my drawings and paper work showing where i have been testing my clutch since last september to my lawyers tomorrow. maybe we can stop some of these people from knocking off everything we come up with. really great idea! thanks

Now your talking Dave, thats one way to stop the fly by nights and copy cats. I can't wait to get my new DC decals for my new Kasea Long Travel A-arms and Long Travel Swing Arm, That will look cool, nice to see you putting your name out there on your products now.....

Kevin Smitley

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa153/mxdad0423/2008Kaseabuild036.jpg

dcarter
03-14-2008, 03:38 AM
hey kevin,
not to get off subject, but that kesea sure looks great. you have done a very good job of putting it together. good work!!!
thanks d

jetski_dawg
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
hey dave.. a friend of mine in Maine has your mod since last year and has yet to destroy the trans with a 120cc+ top end.. ive been saving my pennies to send you a case to do since i cant keep a set of gears in my daughters quad..great job btw

dcarter
03-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Thanks,
I guess you know tony! they are great people! when i sent the very first slipper clutch to him his manchanic paul did not think it would work. i told him we had nothing to loose so he got it on the bike. very first model they had to do a little work and i was scared, but it has worked for 15 races and they still have not taken it out. i have improved it a lot since then. I will be making my last mods and improvements next week so i will let you know how it goes. give me a call and we can talk about it.

markvette
03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
dave
isnt that billys big stroker that that first clutch was tested on. billy said before your clutch they couldnt keep a tranny in that monster for more that a few laps.

Mark

Nichols Atvs
03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes that her she lives up here by me she is a very aggressive rider holds the throttle all the time on the ground and it the air .her down fall but so far the tranny is holding together.

neveready
03-15-2008, 10:13 PM

Is this not like the slipper clutch setup that dave has had out for awhile. That's a broad quote to say it is the only thing close to a fix when dave has been working on a solution for months and has two successful options. One of which is really affordable!!! I am not trying to say this is not a fix or discredit anyone in any way but I think we need to give the others some credit on thier research and technology as well.

Hetrick Racing
03-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Check your fire
You dont know the story so you should not voice an opinion that has no source.

What does an engineer do ?
What does a machinist do ?

David is a great machinist,one of the best

Im not going to claim to be the best engineer in the world but I have a degree.
Is it making sense yet

As with many other engineers, everything I come up with only works when someone good helps,thats why I called David

One of the reasons my system is more money is because it is complete,pully,springs,clutch pack and all.
Pull the nut off remove the rear clutch install a complete new unit reinstall the nut and your finished. No down time

neveready
03-16-2008, 04:27 PM
You are correct I do not know the story and was simply asking questions. I am happy that someone (regaurdless of whom) is working on a sure fix for the trans issues of the cvt bikes.

I would never take away the fact that you have,test,use and sell great race proven products. It's just that I know for a fact that their are other options out there that people are using that are proving effective. I guess i would just like to give the others a little recognition as well

I had said in my first post i would never discredit anyone on thier product or opinion, all of you have helped us with tons of advice,parts and information along the way.

The forum and e-mail world is hard because without personal communication it is too easy to get someone offended. I am sorry if I have done so!

jetski_dawg
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dcarter
Thanks,
I guess you know tony! they are great people! when i sent the very first slipper clutch to him his manchanic paul did not think it would work. i told him we had nothing to loose so he got it on the bike. very first model they had to do a little work and i was scared, but it has worked for 15 races and they still have not taken it out. i have improved it a lot since then. I will be making my last mods and improvements next week so i will let you know how it goes. give me a call and we can talk about it. Yup!! i know Tony and your right ,they are great people!!.. he has helped me out a ton on what works and what doesnt since he pretty much tried it all.. he sent me an engine that UPS destoyed during shipping that after putting it back together, it made halies quad fly.. problem is i cant keep gears in it.. it has the case saver and bushing mod that helps.. but all it takes is that one jump that grenades it.. ill give you a call this week and hopefully we can change that! .. thanks again dave.. sorry rich, i didnt mean to highjack your thread and i appreciate all the hard work that you do making these moped engines last

dcarter
03-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Hey everyone,
Rich is right i do not have a degree. i am also not a motor builder and do not know a lot about cvt clutching and things like that. my back ground came from being a tool and die maker for 25 years before getting into building mini parts.
that is why i have to call billie holt, brad sims and justin at maximum rpm all the time and ask questions about what these bikes need. I am learning more about the mini motors and things from these people. then i try to make parts from there ideas a lot of trial and error.
I like a challange it makes life interesting to see if you can build something new and make it work and it is really cool to me when some one calls and says something i have built really works and they are happy.
i do not want to take any thing away from rich he comes out with something new all the time and that makes this sport fun.

mxdad423
03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Well Dave, All I will say is for not having a degree, you have done one H*ll of a job making AWSOME products for our kids to have, I know I have said this before but we would of been lost without you and your products over the last 4 or 5 years. All I can say is keep up the great job and keep all the new products coming and we will keep buying. That goes for everybody out there that has made the mini products so great.

Kevin Smitley

dcarter
03-18-2008, 03:29 AM
okay everyone a degree is great to have and to anyone who puts in the time to go to school and get one i have to respect that. rich i think there is something all the readers should know. a few years ago we were at the nationals and you had told me that your dad had thought you a lot and you also told me you wish you had learned more from him. readers out there you are the best teachers for your kids you do not have to be a tool and die maker or engineer just be there for them and show them what's really important in life and that is the time you spend with them. slipper clutches, a-arms race stuff is not nearly as important as just giving them yourself and your time. all the stuff we talk about on here is just fun. spend time with your kids this weekend and have a little fun together!!
oh yea if you do blow a tranny don't get mad about the money you are out remember the tv spot it's still priceless the time with your kids!!!!

dblacks
05-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by jetski_dawg
hey dave.. a friend of mine in Maine has your mod since last year and has yet to destroy the trans with a 120cc+ top end.. ive been saving my pennies to send you a case to do since i cant keep a set of gears in my daughters quad..great job btw

Originally posted by markvette
dave
isnt that billys big stroker that that first clutch was tested on. billy said before your clutch they couldnt keep a tranny in that monster for more that a few laps.

Mark

Sorry to be off topic from Hetricks post but just wondering.

I have seen it posted many times this was tested on a monstor 2 stroke. If the test quad was a 120cc+ 2 stroke why was she racing in the 90cc 2 stroke class at every series she went to with it last year? hmmm sounds fishy to me.

Either it is a 90 it was tested on or someone has no issue breaking the rules. I hope it was really a 90 and the story got blown out of proportion, especially for the kids sake.

markvette
05-15-2008, 08:21 AM
well i would say they are like 4 or 5 other people i know. they have 2 motors. like here where we race we have a class for the big strokers so the ones that run nationals have one motor for local races and one for nationals. also the big stroker may have been just used for testing this set up.

Mark

dblacks
05-15-2008, 08:44 AM
None of the 3 series I saw them at last year has a class for big Strokers. All had 90cc limits

The benefit of the doubt goes to if it was a stroker, it was a practice/test motor.

I was just rereading a bunch of posts I had missed when I was gone in March and saw this had resurfaced again that it was tested for 15 races on a big Stroker. I am guessing the complete story didnt get posted