PDA

View Full Version : yfz boggg in low rpms

chases
03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
my yfz boggs in real low rpms and when you gun it fast it will stuter and bogg

how do i fix thissss thanks chase

06YFZ450SE
03-13-2008, 09:24 PM
You could buy a bigger Leak jet or get a boyesen acc pump cover.I got the Boyesen acc pump cover and my bog is gone.

jacobw
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
if you are gonna spend the money get the merge racing unit its just like the boysen but you have external adjustability of the fuel from the accel pump, and also did you change your needle to the nvcq needle?

06YFZ450SE
03-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jacobw
if you are gonna spend the money get the merge racing unit its just like the boysen but you have external adjustability of the fuel from the accel pump, and also did you change your needle to the nvcq needle?

Yup I did the nvcq needle I set it where it ran good and havent messed with it.It easy to adjust the air/fuel without taking off the Carb.

jacobw
03-13-2008, 09:55 PM
you need a aftermarket fuel screw so you can adjust the fuel mixture, the adj leak jet just control the fuel from the accel pump to get rid of the bog on the low end, you need the fuel screw to get the mixture in the rest of the rpm range

also on the needle what clip did you use i moved mine up one clip and that help alot of the bog when you install an aftermarket exhuast on the yfz and jet it up it needs more fuel but only in the mid to top so when you change the needle and let the needle lower in the seat that helps the bog off the bottom, the merge adj leak jet and fuel screw just put the topping on the cake

Ride1Rob
03-14-2008, 06:50 AM
I just rebuilt my motor and had that issue. I was coming from a 13.1 and my main was a 180, 4th clip, and 45 leak jet. I have since gone to the stock 06 crank and piston. She was running waayyy to rich and I was getting popping and bogging. I came all the way down to a 170main, 42 leak, and went up to the 3rd clip. Got rid of the popping but she still would bog a bit off the line. I had to go to a 165main to get rid of the bog. Your fuel/air screw should be anywhere from 2-3 turns out. I'm not saying to go with my setup because your altitude isn't the same. Just giving you an example of what I went through. It's an easy fix, you just have to tinker with it until you get it right. Hope this helps you...

soup73
03-17-2008, 07:29 AM
My 06 yfz 450 bogs with rapid throttle when tryin wheelies, and then its full out power. Then when I am going down the road and let off the gas it backfires. I have an FMF pipe and thats it. I changed the the jet to a 162 and it still bogs but now it bogs in 3rd. I changed the jet to a 152 and the throttle is better but when its @ idle and I gas it she backfires. Are there any adjustments I can try. I do appreciate the help....

Soup

jacobw
03-17-2008, 10:01 AM
if you have an aftermarket exhaust you need about a 170 main and 45-48 pilot it sounds like you are lean a 4 stroke pops when it goes lean on decel, and if you are in nuetral adjusting it, the yfz pops whens you are revving it when the carb is in tune

soup73
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks man I will give it a try. It's going to take afew days until I can get the jet, so I will let you know how it works out....

soup73
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey man I read in another bog to check the spark plug to see if you are rich or lean. The plug was light brown, however the spark plug tip was worn. I changed the plug and my quad is running great.......

moshachusetts
05-15-2011, 06:53 PM
All I needed to do was the zip tie mod and the bog was gone and throttle response was much better

Okie450
05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
X2 on the zip tie mod! If anyone hasn't done it I highly suggest doing so!