PDA

View Full Version : Training

Mxjunkie
03-10-2008, 05:48 AM
What do you mx and xc racers do for on season and off season training? With the upcoming of better support in ATV racing some of us are now taking racing more serious then before in the past! The key to being faster isn't all about who's got the most money in their quad, it's all about who is in the best shape! so with that said,

Lets hear it, excercises all the way to foods to watch out for..

:cool:

JRP
03-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Well after running with a fast A class guy this weekend, I know I need to step up the cardio some more, or atleast ride with him more, haha. I can run my pace for a good 6 or so laps, but his pace, maybe 2-3laps. My training mainly consits of cardio either running, biking, or rowing. And i incorporate lifting, but not isolating one muscel at a time. I like to do lifts that build different muscels at once.

baldwinmx450r
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
one site. www.motoxnutrition.com Not to offend but it's a little late in the pre season (wpsa) to start training. However starting now better than not training at all. Christian is the man, one hell of a nice guy and great trainer.
-Ross

Johnny Minehan
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
also try www.mx-fit.com

Moto49X
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM
RIDE. The best way of training is to ride every possible moment. I mountain bike the old abandon railroad tracks alot. Run a few miles. Hit the weights a few times a week. Don't smoke, probably shouldn't drink beer but I never stopped when I was training haha. I like to think I was a pretty fast A rider (might be a few people on here to back me up) when I was still riding and this is all I did to train.

JRP
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
agree with dirk. after this weekend i can atest to riding is the best. I could go my pace for 8-10laps, but riding with chris aka duponster, i could only go like 2 to 3 laps then i was exhausted. Deffinately riding is the best!

elementryder
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM
ride,ride,ride i rode all i could
i also really worked my arms, back and abs
ran every night eother on an eliptical or outside
and i recently got my pit bike fixed and been hitting that up every night i rigured something is better than nothing and threw the tight woods it really keeps you on your toes
and you have to keep your head in the game you need the drive that only few have if you really wanna kill it out on the track