PDA

View Full Version : Got a problem

T2RACING
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Well. Put bike back to gether today after installing my Baldwin switch and Rekluse. Feul pump was not coming on so I replaced the fuel pump fuse and now it is fine. Problem is that it will not start at all now. It cranks fine but nothing else. Fuel pump is coming on but nothing besides cranking.. Any ideas on what it could be???

woodsZrider
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
it needs to be took to your buddys house and fixed.....:D

rocket joe
03-09-2008, 11:43 PM
what did your buddy do to fix it? :D

woodsZrider
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM
nothing yet,,,:devil:
he needs to bring it down...;)

rocket joe
03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by T2RACING
Well. Put bike back to gether today after installing my Baldwin switch and Rekluse. Feul pump was not coming on so I replaced the fuel pump fuse and now it is fine. Problem is that it will not start at all now. It cranks fine but nothing else. Fuel pump is coming on but nothing besides cranking.. Any ideas on what it could be???

I would suggest spraying a little starting fluid in the air box (remover the filter) while cranking it over… she should start and run for a few seconds. If it starts this would confirm that the kill switch is not cutting off the ignition.

RJ

T2RACING
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Already did that and nothing.. I have changed the spark plug because it seemed to be firing very weak and nothing. All this thing does is crank and crank. I unhooked fuel line and the fuel pump is pumping gas (trust me it went everywhere lol). Could the coil be weak???

60beer1
03-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Try checking all your fuses!!

rocket joe
03-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Already did that and nothing.. I have changed the spark plug because it seemed to be firing very weak and nothing. All this thing does is crank and crank. I unhooked fuel line and the fuel pump is pumping gas (trust me it went everywhere lol). Could the coil be weak???

If all your fuses are good... then it's starting to sound like you fried your CDI Box... maybe you could swap one out with a friends KFX 450 just for testing.

RJ

T2RACING
03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes all fuses are good.. ( if they are only 3) let me look into the cdi box

T2RACING
03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Okay now I am showing how mechanically challanged I am..... where is the stock cdi box???

rocket joe
03-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes all fuses are good.. ( if they are only 3) let me look into the cdi box

That's correct three fuses (2) 10 amps (red) and (1) 30 amp (green) fuse. You may also want to check the four relays inside the rubber covers mounted it in front of the steering stem (spraying a little WD40 on the inside of the boot prior to remove a makes it alot easier to get them off). I'm not sure how to check relays but all four of them are exactly the same perhaps you could swap them around.

RJ

08mxkfx
03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I doubt its the relays. Those dont supply spark. Ones the starter relay, then starter control relay(clutch), then starter control relay(neutral, and the other one is fuel pump relay. Id say pull apart all your plugs and spray alittle connector cleaner in them then some dielectirc grease. Ive had a few problems with the electrical but it all seems to be related to water in the plugs. And the CDI is that big back square that is under the hood and mounted on the bottom of the black plastic piece.

bustedknuckle
03-13-2008, 07:54 PM
ck coil. take it to a kawi dealer.they have changed coils since first run of .bikes.you may have shorted it if you had blown so manny fuses.just a thought.

T2RACING
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Well...i switched cdi boxes not that.... I switched coils not that.... I am totally lost at this point..:confused:

08mxkfx
03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
wiring......check ALL connectors and clean ALL connectors!
what happens if you remove the baldwin killswitch?

T2RACING
03-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Thats what I am doing next. I have to run to advance tomorrow and get cleaner already have the grease.
When I take the baldwin relay setup off and put the stock ignition switch on it does the exact same thing. Just cranks...

BEN #1
03-14-2008, 06:58 AM
IF YOU HAVE MOVED YOU THROTTLE BODY SENSER OR THE PLUG,OR IT'S LOOSE
YOUR FUEL PUMP WILL STILL PUMP , BUT WILL NOT SPRAY THREW THE INJECTOR.
STARTING FLUID WILL NOT FIRE THE ENGINE IF THE SENSER IS NOT WORKING IT WILL NOT FIRE.
CHECK YOUR ROLL OVER SWITCH IF IT'S NOT BEEN WORK ON OR
SILCONE APART.
IF THE PROBLEM STARTED WHEN YOU CHANGED FROM STOCK TO
AFTER MARKET YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL BALWIN AN ASK THEM IF YOU USED THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FOR INSTALLITION.

mcnugget22
04-18-2008, 03:45 PM
check your rollover sensor also

BEN #1
04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
just looking over your reply from others
none have said anything about the on & off kill switch on handle bar,
if that switch has been made your fuel pump will not run
the motor will turn over but will not fire

bustedknuckle
04-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Take it to a Dealer.they can put it on there computer .it will tell you whats wrong.the cpu keeps tract of any problems.it records all sensor problems.

T2RACING
04-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks for all the help guys.. I have got the problem fixed and it is one of those things that.... well I will just go ahead and make a fool of myself and tell you.. I left one part out that was newly installed at this same tim it was a new flexx bar pad. ANd after weeks of changing this checking that and everything everyone has told be to do it still wouldnt run. So at this point I was at the verge of lighting it on fire..lol.... My buddy was over at the house and figured out my problem and when I put on my bar pad I pulled the throttle cable out and it had it wide open so when I would go to start it and wouldnt allow fuel to be pumped.. So that is it in a nut shell.. again thanks for all the help....

mod440ex
04-21-2008, 01:18 PM
uh, that sounds like something i would have done. at least it was that and nothing major. i bet you felt about 2 inches tall after you figured that out, i know i wouldve.:D

bustedknuckle
04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Ben There Done It,Ive Got A List Thats Several Chapters... LOL.