PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you been seriously injuried on quads?

stocktires
11-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Just kinda wondering if everyone gets hurt as ofter as I do, I've never seen a thread like this.
Im talking about broken bones or anything that's serious while riding quads or bikes.
I've broken my left collar bone and wrist. I've had alot kinda small injuries, Like screwing up my knee, HUGE exhaust burns, sprained ankles, ect ect.
take tha poll!

beerock
11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
the reason you havent seen anything like this is because no one likes to talk about it bro.

when I saw jhallet on that bed I bugged out. I was in a real bad accident over a triple on a motorcycle, but I wont talk about it.

I dont think any racers like to think about it or talk about it.

Bean
11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
never broke anything, sprained, bruised, broke parts, pipe burns are the worse, i hav 2 HUGE white scars on my legs from my stuff, lmao, o well, battlescars

stocktires
11-20-2002, 06:47 PM
I completely understand If ya dont wana talk about it, some are a lil too serious to talk about. Believe me, I've seen some bad ones too.
I just try and learn from mistakes, and I've had my share of them

muff
11-20-2002, 06:56 PM
i've crashed many many times, but i've really only got injured bad once, i was racin at a harescramble and we were comin out of the holeshot and as we were rounding the gradual first turn a guy on a banshee hit me from the front left and pushed me into a hay bale, my right tire hit the bale just right and me and the quad went flippin

i ended up with bad road rash on my back (the chestprotector i was using didnt cover my back, dont worry i got a new one now) and i fractured my knuckle which i didnt even notice at first, ii had the wind knocked out of me hard but i was just lucky i wasnt run over by the 20 people behind me

11-20-2002, 07:11 PM
ive broke my left collar bone, dislocated my shoulder, turned my right leg purple, lots and lots of sprains, especially my wrist.

400MXer
11-20-2002, 08:04 PM
I've broken my collar bone once, and broke two ribs once, but my worse was two seasons ago. Some idiot locked up his brakes in front of me and didn't jump this camel back, and i had my quad pinned and was already commited. so i landed on the side of his bike and it flipped me off, then i got hit by a quad comming over the jump.

I sprained my wrist, got a bunch of tire marks..lol...and Broke 4 ribs and punctured a lung. 3 days in the hospital...missed my graduation party. I had a tube stuffed through my rib cage for 3 days to reinflate my lung....it sucked.

cdalejef
11-20-2002, 08:12 PM
I broke my pelvis!

tants
11-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I broke my pelvis!

:o

Rip_Tear
11-20-2002, 08:26 PM
My friend crashed his dirt bike a long time ago, and he had to have 1 toe amputated.... I have only had very minor injuries on the quad.

98Lakota
11-20-2002, 08:31 PM
Mild concussion and bruised shoulder from a flip down a hill this past Sunday:(

(Yes, I was wearing a helmet. If I didn't have my helmet on, it probably would have killed me......)

stocktires
11-20-2002, 08:37 PM
O yea, thats something I forgot also, concussions suck. I wont even ride any quad without a helmet anymore.
I grew up not wearing helmets, but now I wear it religiously (sp?)

roostin_dale
11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
I have been seriously injured twice. I prefer not to talk about either. It scares me....ya no? The smallest slip of the throttle could paralize or kill you!

Tommy 17
11-20-2002, 08:55 PM
none on quads

shattered left femur racing my cr80... dirt bikes i broke 6 bones:D

11-20-2002, 09:03 PM
I broke my collar bone & got some stitches ...riding a TURD!!!..a DS650 ..I sold it...the TURD!!..they s*ck!!!

I will only ride R's nothing else ....
:D

11-20-2002, 09:15 PM
my cousin got f ed up this summer, landed on a guy at the start and 4 quads landed on him off a 35ft double, knocked out for 10 minutes,2 broken ribs, punctured/collapsed lung

he was ridng about 4 weeks later

Nausty
11-20-2002, 09:56 PM
broke collar bone over a 80 footer, cracked rib or broken rib from a 5th or 6th gear crash on my old yz80, I don't know except I wasn't breathing right for a while and I coughed up blood a few times and my rib was really messed up, Pry should of went to the hospital but never did. Then my throttle stuck on my yz80 one time and I crashed into our garage 4th gear pinned and went througha window and landed on a pool table. Got over 100 stitches and skin graph and what seems like 100's of small cuts and scapes. I got some nasty scars on my arms from it. Broke my helmet on that crash. Total I think i've gone through 2 or 3 helmets. I've had a few concussions also but I don't count those.

phatswinn
11-20-2002, 09:56 PM
haha ull notice if ya watch a footbal game they got a huge list of people out for the season? why dont the treehugger go after them?

11-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
haha ull notice if ya watch a footbal game they got a huge list of people out for the season? why dont the treehugger go after them?
cause the players will STOMP EM!!:D

Bean
11-20-2002, 10:00 PM
guess we need to start stompin

11-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bean
guess we need to start stompin

yeah ...or use em for berms !:D

11-20-2002, 10:24 PM
going down a road
looked back, my hand moves the bars, i go down a 12 foot ditch and nearly toss it, instead, i land perfectly and have a heart attack. this was on my friends 99'bigbear 350 2x4.

iv dumped my dirtbike like 8 times, only once i got a bad burn on my leg. 3rd degree. damn tractor ruts.

Pvt. Maggot
11-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Hey,
Just Got My Cast Off My Wrist. Flipped The Quad Completely Off The Ground Ontop Of Myself Snapped My Wrist Had To Pop It Back Into Place. It Actually Didn't Hurt That Bad Its My First Bone Broke Its Still Sore And Hard To Move..Showing Off Is Fun Untill Either My Quad Is Rolling Down A Huge Hill Or My Bones Are Sticking Out Of My Skin And Gushing Blood...:huh :eek:

"BLAHH"300!!
11-20-2002, 11:24 PM
speaking of turds i flipped bcouse of one.

last summer i think it was...at a party i was drinking, and riding..
we all had our bike's out at a pasture. big fire lots of people and beer. well me on my 300, and another guy on his polarass. take a ride. he has a passenger i don't we ride wait.......who cares....
the polaris takes off. i take the inside and roost him in the corner.
just then my back outside tire catche's a dried out cow turd and flipps me...i don't know how many time's i flipped, but when it's all finished my bike's on it's side and i'm lying there looking up..wow i think.so i jump up and instead of thinking of me i go streight for the quad...flip it back over jump on and start it to see if it's alright...all fine.so i take off.about 20 feet later i'm doubled over on the bars everythings black and blue i'm dazing in and out and the 2 people on the other bike talking to me sound like their at the end of a long tunnel talking.. h.e.l.l.o. a.r.e. y.o.u. o.k.
weird..so i get on the polarass. and have a chic driving...she almost killed us again...i ended up with a concution, and a broke colorbone. broke in 2 places, and came out the skin...
(pretty kool i thought) my bike..broke the right rear fender off, and messed up the headlight...i neverliked the light, and i trimmed the plastic the rest of the way off...i have no fender's as of today.....i still havn't bought any to replace em'..
i've already cought h3ll about drinking and riding.....save it...

..another essay from blahh-300

Nausty
11-21-2002, 12:23 AM
blah were you wearing a helmet?

"BLAHH"300!!
11-21-2002, 12:47 AM
.....you know the answer to that question man...
....it's me....t-bone....what do you think.....

and yeah i cought enugh h3ll about the helmut thing too..

HondaRancherES
11-21-2002, 06:40 AM
so far never

Braff1
11-21-2002, 06:48 AM
Broken right collar bone, and left thumb, spained lt knee, and last a nasty burn on my rt calf from riding my 300 ex in the yard without the set.

Knight440
11-21-2002, 07:36 AM
One collar bone here:rolleyes:

redrizza
11-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Broke both arms in one crash like 10 years ago. At the beginning of the summer in my 2nd race I broke my wrist. Breakin **** sux cause you can't do anything.:grr

exriderdude
11-21-2002, 10:21 AM
nothing to serious here, just the usual stuff **knock on wood**:D

Mitch400EX
11-21-2002, 01:28 PM
haven't broken anything, came very very close to breaking my ankle once. Bashed my chin on the handlebars once, the impact busted my chin open and bent the handle bars. Other than that nothing but the usual cuts and bruises;)

muff
11-21-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by redrizza
Broke both arms in one crash like 10 years ago. At the beginning of the summer in my 2nd race I broke my wrist. Breakin **** sux cause you can't do anything.:grr

i've got a broken leg and i'm still ridin, not real fast or over rough terrain though, i broke it 6minutes into my first soccer game of the season, i got a rod put throught the middle of my tibia, i've got pics of my x-rays on my website if you wanna see them

jja125
11-21-2002, 04:40 PM
i wrecked my dr350 dirtbike a coupleof years ago and put the clutch lever through my left foot (thats why your levers have those little balls on the ends of em - mine was broken off and i had a brand new one laying in the garage). i had on fox mx boots and it went right through the plastic and leather and skin&bones. those boots suck and now they leak water and my pinky toe doesn't work. i never went to the doctor for it but its never really bothered me so i guess pinky toes aren't that important.

11-21-2002, 04:42 PM
when my dad was a kid his friend had a mini bike n when his friend went out a wire sliced is head rite off they cant find the helmet which the head is in bcause it rained really bad when it happened and they police thinks the helmet got washed away ina gully or something pretty nasty o yea when i was riddin my bros blaster i turened n went on the side so i put my leg down n scatted a bone not that bad though ive fell alot hit trees the usal lol:D

jja125
11-21-2002, 04:45 PM
oh yeah, and about 2 years ago i was cutting a new quad trail through the woods in the summer and it started to rain. i just kept cutting w/ a machete and the handle got slippery and i watched it in slow motion spin around and stick just below my left knee. it actually didn't hurt at first and i pulled it out and was going to keep working on the trail but then i felt my boot fill up with water, then realized it was blood and pulled my pantleg up and saw like actual moving parts in my knee.....did go to the doctor for that one.

the moral to this story here is have a lanyard on the handle of a machete if you're making a trail. i guess i wasn't really on a bike so maybe that one doesn't count.

Bean
11-21-2002, 05:47 PM
i hav a friend that the footpeg went into his kneecap, and tore it up pretty good, the doc said, 5 more MM's to the side, and he would hav no kneecap, i hav read several stories of kids gettin heads, arms, and etc chopped off by wires hanging up, let me tell u, i will be one pissed off headless ghost if my head gets detached from my stomach, i cant eat then :grr

airheadedduner
11-21-2002, 06:09 PM
I have had a few good ones. My collor bone did not heal right from that last one. It is shorter then it used to be cause when it healed it overlapped on both ends. So now I don't have full range of motion in my left shoulder cause it binds up at the edge of full motion. I can't throw anymore either. To fix it they have to rebreak it and plate it which means I can't do anything for a year. The wrost part is they told me it is more likly that it will be worse then it is if they try fixing it, it hurts all the time.:( :grr

crashinmatt
11-21-2002, 06:10 PM
im with muff. i had a broken leg, and have a rod in my tibia. once that healed up went out ridin and dislocated my hip. but im fine now.

Nausty
12-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by jja125
machete and the handle got slippery and i watched it in slow motion spin around and stick just below my left knee. it actually didn't hurt at first and i pulled it out and was going to keep working on the trail but then i felt my boot fill up with water, then realized it was blood

Thats exactly how it usually is with me, Most people never beleive when I tell them but I never cryed when I went through the window and never took pain killers even though I had 2 huge holes in my arm and cuts and scrapes and blood all over my arms. If anything I just felt extremely soar/hot. When I broke my collarbone I never stopped moving because and was chasing after my quad although it felt like somone hit me in the shoulder with a 4x4 but I expected it to hurt more and thought it was dislocated because my shoulder was hanging really low until I got to the quad and pushed the bone in and out:eek: Also when I was in another bmx accident I had a huge cut in my knee and it was exactly like you I kept riding and riding and then I relized my knee was really wet until I looked down and my pants were covered in blood.

BlazingYamahaYz
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
the worst quadding injury-nearly shattering my shin on a tree....i was going around 4 gear on a 50cc yamaha, and i went over a driveway, got on the rear wheels, and slammed on the brakes and slid into a tree with my shin.....(no mx boots, no helmet)....hurt like a biznitch...worst dirt bike injury was compressing the cartiliage in my left ankle...could move it around, and couldnt walk on it at all.....other than that, i have been pretty fortunate.....

siberthugd
12-30-2002, 11:38 PM
I was riding with my friend 2 1/2 years ago and he crashed and died. I have shattered both legs (same time/no nerf bars), broke both wrists, dislocated right shoulder 2 times, whiplash (numerous times), cracked 3 ribs. Not to mention all the sprains, bruises, burns, and ligament tears. But I still ride hard.

Chef
12-30-2002, 11:59 PM
I cracked a disk in my back on September 22nd, 2002. In practice. It didnt really hurt to amazingly bad though, I raced more that day and won about 4 races with it. Then went to the dunes and repeatedly jumped 40 feet to a flat landing...it hurt a little bit then...lol. I severely sprained my left ankle on a 5th gear jump into a 35 mile an hour head wind, screwed my right shoulder up by flipping over backwards into some trees, and hurt my twig and berries many many times..:eek:

Porkchop
12-31-2002, 12:31 AM
Many bruses.. scrapes and scars.... and a very scraped up helment and many bent sets of handlebars :eek: :D :huh

joeroadking
12-31-2002, 08:22 AM
I actually fractured some of my metarusals "toes" when I was younger(like 20 years ago) my mom let me stay home from school, as soon as she left I put that stupid big boot on the doc gave me and was out on the trails kdx 80 rode all day, showered back in bed when mom got home HA LOL ;)

Bean
12-31-2002, 08:28 AM
this isnt exactly quad caused, but i rode while it was messed up

so, i was walking out barefooted of course, in my cousins yard, and had a sledgehammer with me, i see this rock, so im like, d*mn rock, your gunna die, i slipped when i was bringin the hammer down, and BOOM, right on my left big toe, well, that hurt, so i sat down the rest of the day, and i never noticed that it drove the edge of my nail into the skin, and it started growing like that, straight down, fastforward to about 2 weeks later, i had to go to the docter because it hurt so bad, he said it was shattered hardcore, and i had to have my nail chooped up, but i rode that day, and all them 2 weeks after i hit it with that hammer, hurt like a mother, but it was worth it

moral of the story, never use a hammer barefooted

400exInMI
12-31-2002, 12:12 PM
My cousin and I were riding his brothers three wheeler and we wanted to hit some jumps, well he was driving and i was on the back, he hit the jump (old tree stump) and when he went to shift, my foot slipped off the peg and got caught under the left tire. The turf tamers dug into my skin like warm butter. I was in so much pain, he helped me back to the house and he decided to pour peroxide on it, not a good idea, I almost passed out. My mom came over to his house took me to the emergency room, It took the doctors 2 hours to remove all of the chunks of rubber from my leg, good thing I was only 13 when this happen, it has healed nicely. Good reason to never ride double on a quad ment for one.

Ryan
12-31-2002, 12:27 PM
Ive fell off my quad or just flipped millions of times but only had 2 serious accidents. Ruined my back and still have back problems to this day.

Tip- When your riding with a helmet make sure its strapped. Had a concussion from not doing that :huh

hondaracer31
12-31-2002, 12:47 PM
Not all at once but.....broken both collarbones, chipped a bone in each shoulder, torn rotater cuff (cased an 80' triple), broken left wrist, broken jaw(d**ned open face helmets!),scewed up left knee(needed surgery), countless broken ribs, bad back and hips. Pretty much constant pain now but the only jump I didn't do when I healed was the 80' triple!:grr

Ryan
12-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Wow hondarace, Your really out of it. How do you still ride :huh Must of been one heck of a hospital bill. There was a guy on here, im not sure if he comes on anymore but he had to sell his quad because of one accident. The guy went flying off of a dune like 70 feet in the air and did some damage. Can't beat that guy :(

hondaracer31
12-31-2002, 12:55 PM
I guess I'm addicted to adrenaline!:D :D
I live to ride!

Ryan
12-31-2002, 01:11 PM
haha I hear ya. You live to ride, Short life :p

BassBunny26
12-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Truthfully never! lmao. Knock on wood. Excpet maybe for that one time wen i first started riding i usede the gas as a brake and i ended up hitting some bushes....i was ok tho!! lmao...

Fender Bender
12-31-2002, 06:20 PM
A long time ago when i rode my blaster, after i got back from a race, i was pumped and wanted to ride, so i went too fast around this turn and ran into a trailer, got a big splinter, and had a couple of bruises from the metal rail on the front of it, i bent my wheel all to he!! too.

Last week i was riding in the snow and turned the blaster over, my shoulders sore, but thats it, lol.

stocktires
01-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
I guess I'm addicted to adrenaline!:D :D
I live to ride!

hehe :D , I got that shirt!

Its weird, I guess some people are lucky, and sum just arent :(
I've had my share of injuries and will have many, many more...

Nausty, my collarbone felt the same way. I railed around a corner a lil too fast and clipped a dirtbike rut (i think i did :confused: ) and flipped a few times and ended up under the quad in a ball (the quad standing on all fours). My friend drug me out and as I kinda woke up I looked at my shoulder and said,
wow...well, I broke my collar bone...
It healed crooked too (big bump) but works fine and I put it through h*ll and back!
Now that my wrist is healed its actually much stronger than my other one.

newjacksm
01-01-2003, 01:24 AM
compound fracture!!!!

hurt like a ***** :(