PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizers.

416exfreak
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
What is the difference in them?

I hear some being called "stick style". What does this mean?

And also, which one would work best for an MX racer/ Hill climber?

I ride in ALOT of rough terrain, sand, and hard red clay conditions. My 450r shocks helped me alot, but im ready for something else.:)

Please help me out here. I need to know which ones to look into buying.

Thanks,
Justin

03-15-2008, 09:20 AM
well the stick ones are less expensive and they are literally like a metal stick poking out of the front of ur quad right under the hood, i dont know what to call the other ones but their smaller and like almost square shaped, apparently they are better but about 400-500 bucks, some of my buddies ride with the stick style and love them, id go with the stick if u dont wanna spend a lot of money

trx400EXtreme
03-15-2008, 09:42 AM
the main difference between the stick style and the puck style is the the puck style has tons of on the go adjustability. the stick style stocks out the front end the and the puck style is kinda hidden up under the hood. and yes the stick style is les expensive and i have had tons of people tell me they would never ride ride without one again.

trx400EXtreme
03-15-2008, 09:46 AM
stick style

trx400EXtreme
03-15-2008, 09:47 AM
puck style

mx4christ
03-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I can't say enough about the Precision. I started out with a stick style and after 30 minutes of hard racing I blew out the internals. I then bought a Precision and amazed at the adjustability and how well it tracked through rough stuff. Thean I bought a new quad with the sytem 3 and was very dissapointed with the performance in relation to the Precision.

bryishre
03-16-2008, 10:57 PM
i agree i think precision is the best i run them on both my quads and will buy more when i buy more quads will not run with out one on the other hand a stick style is better then nothing at all