PDA

View Full Version : banshee

mjd400ex
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
can any one tell me what the tors crap is.does it serve a point?

416exfreak
03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
T-Throttle
O- Over
R- Ride
S- System

T.O.R.S makes sure your throttle doesnt stick wide open. In the event of it sticking, T.O.R.S will return it to the closed position.

Most people ditch it.:ermm:

NPelletier
03-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Ask MXJunkie What it does, and ask gim if you should remove it....poor banshee:(

Rich250RRacer
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
T-Throttle
O- Over
R- Ride
S- System

T.O.R.S makes sure your throttle doesnt stick wide open. In the event of it sticking, T.O.R.S will return it to the closed position.

Most people ditch it.:ermm:

It doesn't return it to the closed position, it cuts out the CDI. But even with it, the throttle CAN stick open. If you have a bad cable or the thumb throttle hangs up, the TORS will not help. There are three micro switches, one in the throttle and one in each carb top. If the slides are in the open position and the throttle is closed the TORS is activated and cuts out the CDI. I would ditch it, I've seen some problems with them cutting out the CDI when they shouldn't.

Mxjunkie
03-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by NPelletier
Ask MXJunkie What it does, and ask gim if you should remove it....poor banshee:(

Thats not where my throttle stuck, it stuck at the actual twist throttle because I flipped it the day before end over end into 20ft of thorn bushes and it ended up landing on that side and fubabbing in internals of the throttle, put it this way I had to recoil it myself, if not I had some killer cruise control lol.

As for the t.o.r.s remove it, they are such a hassle when your trying to jet the carbs.. Also as Rich said, they cut out at oddball times which if your heavy into racing and your banshee dies and wont start back up, usually thats a clear cut sign.. It's a simple process to perform as well once you read the directions throughly, I do believe there is a few threads on this subject in the Banshee section of the forums as well. :)