PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell it?

Hondamaster5505
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, well as most of you know I picked up a banshee recently. My problem is, I know after getting used to the banshee's power im not gonna want to ride the 400ex that often anymore.

What should I do?

Sell the 400ex and mod the heck out of the banshee
Keep the 400ex and try to find dirt cheap banshee parts.

I know I can have one SICK shee if I were to sell the 400ex.

NJ450rider
03-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Once you mod the banshee your gonna wish you had the 400ex to ride around.

dpizz450
03-08-2008, 07:46 PM
i voted to keep the ex. jus save up for your banshee parts. because even tho you may get use to the banshees power, there may come a day where you just want to trail ride on your ex one day.not that you cant trail ride on your banshee but you could mod the banshee for like dunes and draggin and stuff and still have a bike for the track and trails. just my two cents.

Ruby Soho
03-08-2008, 07:54 PM
trust me, once your used to riding the banchit youll want the 400ex again.

a more stock based banshee is terrible IMO to a 400ex

416exfreak
03-08-2008, 08:13 PM
You guys are nuts.

Id rather ride a shee with a good MX port anyday.

Hard hitting power down low and it screams all the way till the limiter kicks in.

Ditch the 400, buy some stuff for the shee.

I advise used parts as often as possible. Pipes especially, unless theyre dented really bad.

And for gods sake. Please get rid of the J-arms before you kill youself...:chinese:

JMHO & $.02:D

mittman
03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
i would keep it. my friend had a 400 sold it and got a banshee and when he had it. it sucked down gas so fast he got tired of it and got another 400ex

HondaEXrider22
03-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

I advise used parts as often as possible. Pipes especially, unless theyre dented really bad.

JMHO & $.02:D

For the price?

BlaineKaiser450
03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
id keep the ex

250rmike
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
what do you mostly ride on trails keep the 400 if its alot of open coal pits and what not and you like racing in a straight line mod the yamaha

shadowwalker
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
If you trail ride keep the 400. If you don't I'd sell it. The 400 is, in my opinion after riding several quads, one of the best sport quads for trails. The Banshee won't fair well if you need to chug along, or have people riding behind you (2 smoke ftw). My uncle had a Banshee and it kept fouling plugs. They were created to be revved to the moon.

Hondamaster5505
03-09-2008, 07:01 AM
well, my thinking was, if i sell the 400, i can get:

+2 arms
+4 axle
shocks
pipes
porting
plastics

and some other little odds and ends.

We usually and mainly ride wide-open coalmines with hillclimbs galore and lots of fire roads. There is ocasionally a couple trails, but not much. We also ride on traintracks which are smooth. The last is a couple pits.
So really, I would only be keeping the 400 as a back up bike in case my banshee breaks.

And whats with people saying once I get used to the banshee I will wanna ride the 400ex? Have you ever ridden a banshee!?!?!

klutch
03-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

+2 arms
+4 axle
shocks
pipes
porting
plastics

We usually and mainly ride wide-open coalmines with hillclimbs galore and lots of fire roads. There is ocasionally a couple trails, but not much. We also ride on traintracks which are smooth. The last is a couple pits.
So really, I would only be keeping the 400 as a back up bike in case my banshee breaks.

And whats with people saying once I get used to the banshee I will wanna ride the 400ex? Have you ever ridden a banshee!?!?!

Yeah, when i got off i kicked dirt onto it and got back on my 300EX :D. I like to turn sometimes. Straight lines are boring. If i wanted to drag race i'd buy a car. A banshee engine isn't really much to brag about. You like worship that bike or something. Personally i want you to sell the EX because then hopefully i wont have to read about you and all your Banshee is the greatest cr@p in the 400EX forum anymore... JMHO

None of this was meant to be offending in any means. Just stating my Honest Opinion on the situation.

416exfreak
03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
For the price?

Yes, if you can get a used set of good condition Toomey T6 pipes for 250 bucks intstead of almost 500 for a new set, then why would you buy a new set?

Hondamaster, if you want good low end/mid range power then look into the DRI/ Paul Turner pipes for the shee.

If you want nothing but power when its revved to the moon then check out the CPI inframe drag pipes.

Everything else is pretty much just a compromise of the two ends.

dan harris
03-09-2008, 11:37 AM
wow, I don't wanna banshee bash, but.....

Unless your riding the dunes or some wide open area's, the banshee is old school and out dated. I'd rather be on the ex then the banshee unless we were in the dunes. How many banshee's do you see on a mx track, or in a gncc race these days??? I still kick it on my 400 whenever my 450 is apart.

Ruby Soho
03-09-2008, 11:37 AM

+2 arms
+4 axle
shocks
pipes
porting
plastics

yes i've ridden a banshee. and anyday i would pick my 400ex over a banshee, they're terrible in the trails and casual riding. like said above, a banshee is great....in a straight line

but don't get me wrong they're cool quads i just think youd be better off keeping the EX, its a better quad for your type of riding

m.h.s.c.#527
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
i rode a shee once wasnt for me i like 4stroke powerban

Hondamaster5505
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Wow, a lot of you must be some really sucky riders... no offense.

You make it out to be that banshee's are all straight line and handle like crap.

Personally, when I lower the front sprocket I don't think its that bad in trails at all. You just have to get a feel for the bike. They don't handle that bad, I actually like the ergonomics and how the bike feels.

Plus, the powerband of the banshee is insane! Way more of a hit then the 250r's. Theres nothing like it.

I guess to each his own. Where I ride the banshee's are a much better choice. I love the people you say its just good for drag racing and straight lines:rolleyes: learn how to ride and maybe you'll feel different.

Don't get me wrong, the 400ex is an excellent bike, especially in the woods, but the banshees awesome.

250rmike
03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
your telling us we need to ride and im in no way offended but just something to think about you shouldnt feel the hit on a 2 stroke except for when first taking of. they are made to be rode in high rpm to make power and if you know how to ride them you should always be on the port and pipe even after shifting. and have you rode a 250r. the erognomics and handling of a 250r and 400 are alot better than a banshee im sorry to say so is the suspension. the suspension on a banshee is harsh. just remember if you keep the banshee keep it at higher rpms and on the pipe/port and youll stay in the power band. i rode 2 strokes since i started riding until i went to my first cannondale and i havent looked back. i have thought about getting another 250r just for nastalgia though.

Hondamaster5505
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
your telling us we need to ride and im in no way offended but just something to think about you shouldnt feel the hit on a 2 stroke except for when first taking of. they are made to be rode in high rpm to make power and if you know how to ride them you should always be on the port and pipe even after shifting. and have you rode a 250r. the erognomics and handling of a 250r and 400 are alot better than a banshee im sorry to say so is the suspension. the suspension on a banshee is harsh. just remember if you keep the banshee keep it at higher rpms and on the pipe/port and youll stay in the power band. i rode 2 strokes since i started riding until i went to my first cannondale and i havent looked back. i have thought about getting another 250r just for nastalgia though.

when it first takes off?? Ive ridden em before, and it pulls like crazy through all the gears.

I know the 250r handles good, but I don't give a rats ---. The banshee pulls much harder and i like how it handles. Once I get YFZ shocks up front its great. I like the ergonomics better too.

Of course i know to keep it high in the r's. Im not stupid, ive owned and ridden many 2-strokes before including banshee's.

After riding the 2-strokes, the 400ex feels so... so lazy. same with the 450's. JMHO.

And its not so much being on the port, its when the sonic wave returns at just the right time. Every time a 2-stroke hits powerband your basically supercharging it in a sense.

03-10-2008, 04:32 AM
you obv's like the banshee better. get rid of the 400, there boring anyway.

Mxjunkie
03-10-2008, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
wow, I don't wanna banshee bash, but.....

Unless your riding the dunes or some wide open area's, the banshee is old school and out dated. I'd rather be on the ex then the banshee unless we were in the dunes. How many banshee's do you see on a mx track, or in a gncc race these days??? I still kick it on my 400 whenever my 450 is apart.

Herd that!! I had a banshee for 4 years almost and I'll never own another one unless it's a drag bike lol.. They end up costing you more money then they are worth because everytime you ride it HARD something breaks.. they wear you out on mx tracks and in the woods not to mention they do like to fall apart at times. If I were in your shoes I'd sell the 400 and the banshee for a used 450, you'll be better off that way riding wise and relaibility wise.

I know the 250r handles good, but I don't give a rats ---. The banshee pulls much harder and i like how it handles. Once I get YFZ shocks up front its great. I like the ergonomics better too.

Do not put YFZ shocks on Banshees! I swear they are why my front end on mine comes apart on my shee.. I've had shock mounts rip off a-arms and recently a ball joint drop from my spindal..They suck anyways, better then stock but works are twice as good as them.. It is really dumb to use a shock that is almost a quater inch to long to start with anyways.. all it's doing is putting stress on the entire front end..Talking from experiance here.. :o

These come with banshees too.. If only that was 2 grand cash instead of those.. :tired:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/Mxjunkie69/DSCN1737.jpg

L0w3r55
03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
both are good quads, your lucky for owning both, but long live the warrior! (sarcastic here)

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
To everyone saying the banshee's fall apart and always break.

I personally have come to believe that's because of the owner. My fathers banshee, which had been built right and properly maintained, is literally bullet-proof. It NEVER broke down, NEVER broke a part, and when it was tired we kept running it down around 75psi, and the wear limit is 100. Still started in a couple kicks and never broke down!

As far as the shocks, ive heard stories of the YFZ shocks breaking banshee's, but my cousin jumps alot and rides very similarly to me. His has been fine and hasn't broken anything.

Yes, I do consider myself very lucky being 14 and having a banshee and 400ex. But for the banshee to really be nice, it takes money. I still might consider keeping it.

When we go to Ashland, im going to use the banshee because its a coalmine. When I go to the tracks, im using the banshee because its fast. When I go to freeland, its hills and smooth trails, so im taking the banshee. For racing flat track, im using the banshee.
So when I think about it, the 400 will feel boring after riding the banshee alot, and I don't do enough technical trails to make it worth while. A few here and there, but not much.

It would mainly be for exploring new places around ashland, because when your on a new trail you never know what might hit ya, plus its better on gas.

We're gonna do a tear-down of the shee and completely rebuild it for now. Ill keep the 400 for a while and see how it turns out.

hungus07trx400
03-10-2008, 02:00 PM
You posted a poll asking for opinions, got some, and didn't like them. Then told them they must suck at riding because obviously you didnt agree with their opinion. I miss being 14.....

klutch
03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hungus07trx400
You posted a poll asking for opinions, got some, and didn't like them. Then told them they must suck at riding because obviously you didnt agree with their opinion. I miss being 14.....

Hey... hey... calm it i am only 15 but when i post polls it because i have not made my decision, and depending on the ammount of votes in this case 75% to one. Thats what i'd go with. Obviously he was already onesided about it and didn't make the poll for answers. Most likely just wanted more posts who knows.

Though i have said it before and i will say it again. Have fun going in a straight line. Have fun with your "sick" engine (LMAO). And seriously don't tell people they suck at ATV riding. If the Banshee was truly that great all the pros would be using them. I don't see any pro using them. Actually i never see them at the track either... And when i am trail riding the Banshees normally don't go in the trails they ride the levees thinking they look cool.

But you can have fun with that.

What do i know? I don't like Banshees so i must suck at riding.
Lol if i lived by you i'd love to race you in a spot where we actually had to turn. Or jump. Remember i suck at riding maybe you would have a chance.

03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Until my group of friends kind of split up and stopped hanging out because they either had a kid or went to jail we all had 400ex. There were 6 400ex all riding together having fun and what not. To cut to the chase my cousin wanted a Banshee, he was 1 that tagged along on his blaster that we would ride to a spot and wait 20 minutes for him to catch up haha. He was looking to get a new quad because obviously a blaster is a tiny rink a dink thing. He said "I want a Banshee", my friend replies "why? If you get a 400ex you can do so much more and its a Honda. I had a Banshee before and it aint no fun you spin the tires or you just go fast on the road or in a straight line thats when I smartened up and bought a 400ex." Yeah my cousin agreed and what does he do... he bought a Banshee. Now when we go riding everyone on a 400ex or something will be hitting a jump or climbing some hills and he sits there and we ask whats wrong. He says I cant do that like you guys because I'll just spin the tires. And you know what he's right. Banshees are good for huge wide open, no twist and turn things like the dunes. But for everything else they down right suck. Not to offend anyone but IMO they are the least practical quad ever made they cant do much but go fast in a straight line or spin the tires. Keep the 400ex. Theres so much more you can do with it and the reliability is much better than banshees. I'll admit I have ridden some highly modded banshees suspension and all and stock ones. Drifting them in a big area in the sand is so much fun but gets bored real qucik. Its all the same, spin the tires, handling sucks, sucking down gas and not being that much faster.

NJ450rider
03-10-2008, 03:25 PM
FoxHondaRider has hit the nail on the head. What he just wrote is the gods honest truth. I approve his message...

Ive helped mod/work on many banshees. I would never lie to anyone.

I told you, once you mod that banshee your gonna hate it/ get sick of it really fast.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
ok, first of all, I never said anyones a sucky rider because they hate the banshee, i said that they are a sucky rider if they think the banshee's are only straight line.

And again with the reliability, everyone I know that actually takes care of their banshee has never had a problem.

They don't just do straight line. They climb hills like a champ, and shames the 400ex in that category.
They are fast as heck
They don't handle that bad. (IMO, i can push it harder through everywhere except rocks then on the 400ex.)
THEY ARENT THAT BAD.

I started this post hoping for opinions, but not expecting this many people to bash the banshee:rolleyes:

Heres an example of how much more power and climbability they have. Not ONE 400 or 450 made it up these hills, only banshees.

Mxjunkie
03-10-2008, 03:38 PM

I started this post hoping for opinions, but not expecting this many people to bash the banshee:rolleyes:

Heres an example of how much more power and climbability they have. Not ONE 400 or 450 made it up these hills, only banshees.

You asked for our opinions and that's ours, you asked if you should sell the 400 to mod banshee did you not?..

Not to burst your bubble but my buddys ride up in that area on 400's and 450s in the summer and they can handle those hills.. coal mines are our stompin grounds homie.. I've been riding in coal since I was 7.. :blah:

Here's what those wonderful YFZ shocks do.. couple of my friends from banshee hq had the same thing happen.. Not giving you a hard time at all, I am just trying to help spread the word about it so other riders dont ever have to experiance what I've had happen twice lol... :)

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
FoxHondaRider has hit the nail on the head. What he just wrote is the gods honest truth. I approve his message...

Ive helped mod/work on many banshees. I would never lie to anyone.

I told you, once you mod that banshee your gonna hate it/ get sick of it really fast.

I disagree on that one.

When we go riding my dad gets annoyed because i keep asking to ride his banshee more.

And with the YFZ shocks, i never seen that happen before:eek2:

I should of expected this from a Honda biased site. Im sure if i posted in bansheehq everyone would be telling me to mod the yamaha. lol

I love banshee's. The 400ex is nice and all, but just not the same rush the banshee gives. Im a good enough rider i can take the banshee anywhere.

I might keep the 400 for a while when im doing a complete overhaul on the banshee. maybe then I might keep it if i get the shee nice enough.

Mxjunkie
03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah you should consider some posts a little more before you rant.. :chinese:

XXXRACER165
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
MX really brings out the "good, bad & the ugly" of a quad. Thats why some are saying the Banshee handles like crap. All the Banshee's I've raced or seen racing have A.......DNF, B.......Crashed, & C.......Finished LAST.:eek: suprized? Well DRI made a banshee made for MX and Dirt Wheels tested it and said It didn't handle all that great. Thats That. Never has, or never will be able to handle like an EX or 450. So "IMO" Keep your EX.

03-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Man its not a Honda Biased site. Maybe its because a lot of us has chose a smart path in buying a Honda, but theres are all brands and types of quads on here so its not just Honda and its not just this site bashing Banshees. Everytime I go riding a Banshee will pass and people either say "wow those are deffinately the gayest quad ever made", "I hate Banshees they are only good for going fast in a straight line", "Man that thing sounds so annoying", "I hope that thing blows up" or you here people yell "queer" but just low enough so the guy riding the banshee doesnt hear. I see them either crashed or getting stuck in a donut pit and they cant get out because they just keep spinning the tires. For some reason Banshees are just hated on, you see a TRX250r, LTR250 or a Quadzilla (LTR500) and people say cool or thats nice but then you see a Banshee and its all hate. i couldnt tell ya why maybe people just know how they arent reliable and they cant do much. Also they are so over done and not even that fast. twin cylinder 350 and I see 250r's pass it on a drag or come close. Explain how something with so much can go so slow but use all that gas? My friend went through 6 gallons of gas in a day of riding where all of us on 400ex still had the same gas as we stated with plus extra still in the tank. When we go riding he always wants to take someones 400ex because he even knows the handling sucks.

coryatver
03-10-2008, 04:12 PM
when your 14 the banshee is the coolest quad ever. I wanted one then but I got a 400ex and I am so glad I never got a banshee I would never have been able to do the things I have with my quad. My neighbor bought one and he wouldn't even come trail ride with us becuase it was no fun on the trails he just rode back dirt roads. And don't tell me he couldn't ride becuase he used to be a local mx champion. I would go up to his house after school and take it for a ride they sure are a blast taking up and down the road:eek2: but taking it on the trails was a disaster.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Man its not a Honda Biased site. Maybe its because a lot of us has chose a smart path in buying a Honda, but theres are all brands and types of quads on here so its not just Honda and its not just this site bashing Banshees. Everytime I go riding a Banshee will pass and people either say "wow those are deffinately the gayest quad ever made", "I hate Banshees they are only good for going fast in a straight line", "Man that thing sounds so annoying", "I hope that thing blows up" or you here people yell "queer" but just low enough so the guy riding the banshee doesnt hear. I see them either crashed or getting stuck in a donut pit and they cant get out because they just keep spinning the tires. For some reason Banshees are just hated on, you see a TRX250r, LTR250 or a Quadzilla (LTR500) and people say cool or thats nice but then you see a Banshee and its all hate. i couldnt tell ya why maybe people just know how they arent reliable and they cant do much. Also they are so over done and not even that fast. twin cylinder 350 and I see 250r's pass it on a drag or come close. Explain how something with so much can go so slow but use all that gas? My friend went through 6 gallons of gas in a day of riding where all of us on 400ex still had the same gas as we stated with plus extra still in the tank. When we go riding he always wants to take someones 400ex because he even knows the handling sucks.

Actually, everywhere we ride, banshee's get complimented all the time and people think they're hot... so I don't know where you ride.

Second, I have never ever in my life seen a banshee crash in person, and if anything, the tire spinning doesnt matter, the damn things seem to get out of everything.

AND WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THEY ARENT RELIABLE!?!?! Its the owners that give banshee's a bad name, and that pisses me off. So many people with banshee's dont know how to maintain them, and thats why people always see them breaking down and think they're unreliable.

And comparing power, the banshee and 250r are like apples to oranges. The 250r can't compete with the banshee at all when it comes to power.
Yes, banshee's are uninpressive stock, but did you ever think about it? Yamaha designed those pipes to lose 6hp. If you watch it race the baja in 86, it had pipes similar to toomey's, they didnt race with those "snakes" When a banshee is piped, its already a lot faster.
And with my dads, ive raced 450's with it before. With just pipes, milled head, and boost bottle, I beat his friend who had a full HMF, EHS lid, cam mod, jet kit, filter. The banshee had the airbox lid and stock filter. equal riders.

And about the MX, i could care less. I think riding MX is boring and I never do it. I like riding in areas, not tracks.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I made my decision.

Im gonna hold on to the 400ex for a while.

We're completely overhauling the banshee as soon as we straighten out the electrical.
-Yellow fenders/Gray tank/radiator cover and seat
-Black frame
-Yellow J-arms
-Yellow swingarm
-Rebuilt engine
-Milled head
-Exhaust
-YFZ shocks
-SS Bolt kit

While we're doing that, I can ride the 400ex this season. Being im lucky enough to have both, im gonna keep it that way. That way if one breaks, I have another one to ride so I dont have to worry. Plus, when we explore new places, I want the 400ex because of the gas and trailability. You never know what you might encounter in a new trail.

klutch
03-10-2008, 04:54 PM
And about the MX, i could care less. I think riding MX is boring and I never do it. I like riding in STRAIGHT LINES, not tracks.

Ok i fixed it for you. For some odd reason you said riding in areas? We all know Banshees aren't allowed in "areas" they are only good for straight lines.. :devil:

L0w3r55
03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
you could always trade them both in and get a warrior :D I have to buy new tires every month because of the monster tourque this thing has! That's a complete overdramitization but you get the idea.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Ok i fixed it for you. For some odd reason you said riding in areas? We all know Banshees aren't allowed in "areas" they are only good for straight lines.. :devil:

haha. very funny:rolleyes: lol.

Ill see how much handling comes into play when me and a 400ex are climbing a steep arse hill.

I like banshee handling. Very good ergonomics, and just something about them feels right.
Id rather have the 400ex over lots of rocks though

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
you could always trade them both in and get a warrior :D I have to buy new tires every month because of the monster tourque this thing has! That's a complete overdramitization but you get the idea.

lmao. My dad had a warrior before he got the banshee. I will admit it was very quick and slid great, and literally BULLET-PROOF, but the front suspension on them is horrible:eek2:

416exfreak
03-10-2008, 05:41 PM

-Yellow J-arms

You really should ditch those J-arms.

Find a set of stock A-arms off of a newer banshee on EBAY. Theyre on there.

When that J-arm breaks, your going to regret not just spending 100 bucks on some A-arms that would have been WAYYYYY stronger.

You said yourself that you can see the J-arm flex over some of the bigger jumps. One of these times its not going to flex, its going to snap and your going to go to the ER.

I can tell you from experience, the people in the ER, are not nice. And theyre dumb as hell. They actually asked me which leg was broken, when the bone was sticking out of the skin right there for everyone to see.

They got a peice of my mind.:chinese:

honda4life72
03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
ride donw to north carolina and i will show u how to ride the banshee and the 400ex , after that you will pick the 400ex. way smother powerband. way less matnince (sp). 400 will be what u want after you get used to the "alsome banshee"that pulls so hard ( yea right , a built 450 pulls hard than a stock banshee everyday of the week) owh and its called torqe by the way. thats what makes a 4 stroke better

416exfreak
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
ride donw to north carolina and i will show u how to ride the banshee and the 400ex , after that you will pick the 400ex. way smother powerband. way less matnince (sp). 400 will be what u want after you get used to the "alsome banshee"that pulls so hard ( yea right , a built 450 pulls hard than a stock banshee everyday of the week) owh and its called torqe by the way. thats what makes a 4 stroke better

way to be that guy.:rolleyes:

No duh a built 450 is going to pull harder than a stock banshee. Are you stuck on stupid or something? 2-strokes have torque too. To each thier own. It sounds to me like, for the style of riding he does, the shee is better. I know my 440 is not a great hillclimber, but all of my buddies banshee's are great hillshooters.

If I did the type of riding he does, then I would have a shee.

L0w3r55
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
hey, he likes what he likes, banshees are a very fun quad to ride, and if thats what he wants to mod the banshee, he is going to mod the banshee. I mean if i told you that a 450r sucks or w/e you got and that you should get a ds 650 you'd tell me to jump in a lake with cement shoes on, so cut him a break, even if he did start this thread for some reason i don't know of :D thanks for reading this all.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM

haha, would you like to put a money bet on a drag race? Me on my dads banshee vs you on your 450. I can use some money.

honda4life72
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
dude i have read this whoel thread and all he has said is the banshee is better this and better that. sell the freakin 400 and keep the banshee if u like it so freakin much. and yea i'll be the guy , i flat track race and as everyone knows flat track is all motor and nothing but it. its just a drag race from corner to corner and i have seen many fully built banshees get waxed down the straight aways by 450's and even a 440. no one raced a banshee back in the day and no one races one now. and he said we are all bad riders well maybe he just suxs at riding so bad that he hasn't figured out the 400 is better.

honda4life72
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
haha, would you like to put a money bet on a drag race? Me on my dads banshee vs you on your 450. I can use some money. haha when u grow up i will race u. owh wait i just read your sig. your shee has holeshot tires . you win you win

Ruby Soho
03-10-2008, 06:15 PM
hondamaster, you asked for opinions, you got em. you obviously like the banshee better so quit arguing. i still feel and agree with most people here, the 400ex would be a better quad to keep and ride. but a bunch of strangers on a forum shouldn't make your decision for you.

NJ450rider
03-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Who said anything about being honda bias?

I hate my 450r its a piece of junk. Always broken! All i ever is take great care of it and it lets me down. Ive spent thousands in rebuilds and thousands more in aftermarket. All the other 450 machines out now are way better than the honda 450R!

I cant wait till i got the extra cash to go get something else and get rid of this pos honda!

quads14589
03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I like cheese:chinese:

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
dude i have read this whoel thread and all he has said is the banshee is better this and better that. sell the freakin 400 and keep the banshee if u like it so freakin much. and yea i'll be the guy , i flat track race and as everyone knows flat track is all motor and nothing but it. its just a drag race from corner to corner and i have seen many fully built banshees get waxed down the straight aways by 450's and even a 440. no one raced a banshee back in the day and no one races one now. and he said we are all bad riders well maybe he just suxs at riding so bad that he hasn't figured out the 400 is better.

I never said the shee is better at everything. I said for where I ride its better.

I didnt say all of you are sucky riders, I said if you think all the banshee's are for is straight line, then you are. If your an experienced rider, than you should have no problem riding it most other places.

Yes, the 400 is an excellent quad, but doesnt give the excitement the banshee does. If you read my previous post, I clearly stated my decision and said that im keeping the 400 because it is nice to have.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 08:17 PM
haha when u grow up i will race u. owh wait i just read your sig. your shee has holeshot tires . you win you win

Your only a year older than me:rolleyes:

I never said my shee, stock shee's are lame as crap. Of course it won't touch your 450 until im done tearing it down. I said my dads shee.

honda4life72
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
two really , i'm 16 now lol. w/e , just do something .

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
hondamaster, you asked for opinions, you got em. you obviously like the banshee better so quit arguing. i still feel and agree with most people here, the 400ex would be a better quad to keep and ride. but a bunch of strangers on a forum shouldn't make your decision for you.

yeah.

See, I love both of them for different reasons, thats why I decided to keep both.

My shee will be my main ride, and the 400ex will be my secondary ride. Im lucky I can even have both at 14. So I will always have both to ride. We'll just slowly find parts for the shee.

I actually thought about selling both and buying a raptor 700, but i like the banshee powerband, while also having a heavy trail quad.

I figured:
Ashland: Banshee
Freeland: 400ex (lots of trails)
TT: Banshee
Train tracks: Banshee
WV: 400ex
Pits: Banshee/400ex depending on terrain

Ive never been riding in WV yet, but they have lots of trails so the 400ex is better suited.

Ive pretty much made my decision and explained it clearly right now. If anyone feels like being a wise-arse im deleting the thread.

Hondamaster5505
03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
two really , i'm 16 now lol. w/e , just do something .

read my post above this

I love both of them. If the 400 was giving me problems I would care less, say F it, and part it out for money, but shes been good to me for to long to just ditch it now.

honda4life72
03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
WHO CARES?

quads14589
03-11-2008, 04:25 AM
i dont see why you would want to mod a banshee that is a 89 that thing is getting kind of anceint.

Hondamaster5505
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
WHO CARES?

I do. Its a great all around atv. Its nice to have it incase the banshee breaks or according to where we go riding.

quads14589:
Actually, its an 88. I discovered that recently. Until then I was guessing by the plastics.

But, the banshee's remained virtually unchanged for years. The 2008's are still the same also.
The only difference:

87-90 I think had J-arms
87-94 have a different wiring harness then the newer ones
In some year they ditched the brake light and got an actual tail light.

Depending on the condition, they're exactly the same.

klutch
03-11-2008, 03:59 PM
STRAIGHT LINE! :devil:

250rmike
03-11-2008, 04:40 PM
glad you made your decision i was going to state something but ill leave it at this just go out and ride who cares what your on i started riding on a beat cr80 before i got my blaster.

Hondamaster5505
03-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
glad you made your decision i was going to state something but ill leave it at this just go out and ride who cares what your on i started riding on a beat cr80 before i got my blaster.

I was riding a beat trailboss 250:eek:

Wait, what other kind of trailboss is there?:p

416exfreak
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
i dont see why you would want to mod a banshee that is a 89 that thing is getting kind of anceint.

250r much?

86-88 bro.:ermm:

L0w3r55
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
i have a 2000 325 trail boss four stroke, yeah...

Hondamaster5505
03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
i have a 2000 325 trail boss four stroke, yeah...

haha.

Im sorry man, but that trailboss was SUCH A PIECE OF CRAP I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER POLARIS!!

lol

Warriors are cool though. I respect them. When they came out, they were the big bad raptor of their time:cool:

Gibson-Z
03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Sell the shee , 400ex and buy a KTM !!!!!!! haha

Hondamaster5505
03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Gibson-Z
Sell the shee , 400ex and buy a KTM !!!!!!! haha

lmao, do you think im loaded?

400ex: $2500
Banshee: $1500

Total: $4000

So hmm, I need another $5000. hahaha.

Gibson-Z
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
$4000.00 down and your payment should be just right. Plus you would be the coolest guy on the block.;) ;)