PDA

View Full Version : A lucky day

QuadJunkies
03-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Today we can say luck was on our side...
Brandon and Kelsey went out and ran a localy GP race today to get some seat time in,they just had a quad mixed class, so they ran with all the 450s....
Ever had one of those sick feelings like you shouldnt be there that day?
On practice, Brandon was FLYING and I mean giving it all it had on the trails and powering out the corners like Ive never seen him do before!:eek2:
His quad was fast, actually pulled Kelsey in 6th (we never regeared for tire change) he was clearing the dlbs. and running a fast pace.. He got a little sloppy in a few spots, so I asked him to use his head and slow down abit,this is just "seat time"not a "eal" race...haha ...who was I kidding..!!:p lol
Brandon was in the 1st lap of the heat and was again,flying on the MX,hits a rut on a corner, sent him over the quad and it rolled on top of him... He landed on his arm .An EMT responded and said she thought it was broke and to take him to the ER.His helmet also somehow ended off his head,not sure how because it was buckled tight before he headed out!!

Brandon got lucky today.... he ended up with some deep bruises and scrapes,no breaks thank goodness.
In the meantime, looks like a new set of bars, stem and a lever we will need to buy before the next WORCS.
Parts are replaceable, My kid is not.
Anyhow, were off to play agan today on another MX track :D Kelsey and her Dad will play..
After a deep breath and a step back to take notes...were off and running again ,but Brandon will sit this one out .

:o
lol
I didnt get a chance to shoot too many photos ,weather was poor .
This track seems to be TABU for Brandon ,he had a few close calls at State MX series here a few years ago.
its got some big huckers on this track!
I have to say in spoite of the mishap, he really showed me some skill today.
I talked to one of the facility owners wife and she said they may try to get this in the WORCS series next year.
http://www.pbase.com/image/93922533/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/93922548/original.jpg

Brandon was back to his normal self in no time. LOL!
I think the fact that his quad is broke is what hurt him more.
http://www.pbase.com/image/93922557/original.jpg

quadscrib
03-08-2008, 05:29 PM
So glad hes ok! The idea of hurt kids scares the $hit outta me!
Yes Ive had the "I shouldnt be here today" feeling many times and a few times has ended up to hold true. the longer I go w/ out mishap the more nervose I get.
Was he the boy that was in one of the quad mags testing the new razr cross mini tires? Quad looks like it.

wvspeedfreak
03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Glad he is ok Tina.

riding4fun
03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Glad he is OK also. That's what happened to Zachary in practice at the last WORCS race. I should be receiving my new anti vibe stem in the next couple of days. Thank god the bars didn't bend I had just put on the Flexx bars.

Tell him to get his rest.

See you guys (and gals) in a couple of weeks.

QuadJunkies
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by quadscrib
So glad hes ok! The idea of hurt kids scares the $hit outta me!
Yes Ive had the "I shouldnt be here today" feeling many times and a few times has ended up to hold true. the longer I go w/ out mishap the more nervose I get.
Was he the boy that was in one of the quad mags testing the new razr cross mini tires? Quad looks like it.

Yes that was him.
I guess him being a kid is good, cause if it was me, I know I wouldnt have faired as well. lol :o :p
One good thing from the day was, Kelsey didnt experience arm pump one time ! Thats the 1st time in months!She felt really good when she pulled off ,she wasnt even winded! So shes off to get more time in tomorrow .
I think riding and MotoxNutrion plan is really working!:)

QuadJunkies
03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Glad he is OK also. That's what happened to Zachary in practice at the last WORCS race. I should be receiving my new anti vibe stem in the next couple of days. Thank god the bars didn't bend I had just put on the Flexx bars.

Tell him to get his rest.

See you guys (and gals) in a couple of weeks.
When I seen him on the practice run, I knew then that something was going to happen,he was running so damn fast, Ive never seen him go into the corners so hot and FAST! My gut told me he needed to slow down.
Sometimes us Moms are over paranoid and sometimes we are RIGHT! hehe!
Ill have to price a stem and lever this week,not sure what they run.
The flexx bars and anti vibe is something Id like to get when the moneys right.
Hes could use one.

AtvMxRider
03-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Glad he is ok Tina.

bulldogfallon
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Good to hear that he is ok

QuadJunkies
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Starting to show a little color today.He has bruises in places he never knew got hit utnil today.This is where they thought he may have broke a bone. WHEW!
Looks like the chest protector done its job, but its busted clean threw.
Gotta get a new ones of those too. lol
I felt bad seeing him watch everyone race today, it was the warmest day we had had to race since Oct.!
Oh well...there will be plenty more . :)
http://www.pbase.com/image/93993608/large.jpg

sldhd700
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey QJ
Glad Brandons ok. Shayden hasn t had a bad one yet I m just holding my breath waiting for the day it happens and in this sport I know it will. Rich has got the steering stems they are pretty sweet(chomoly anti vibe). Shayden had his put on just before WORCS. Give Rich a call.

Shayden Housley #39

JIM GRACE
03-12-2008, 03:46 PM
As I started reading about the crash I started saying
"oh my god". Glad to her he is doing ok. I know that feeling
when you want your boy to slow down or just take it easy, but
as you now there wide open,

I bought brandon the rock garden flak jacket, and when he got
it (and his new quad) he put it on and started falling on the ground
to see if it worked.. he said it did..LOL

brandon's dad #55

QuadJunkies
03-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
As I started reading about the crash I started saying
"oh my god". Glad to her he is doing ok. I know that feeling
when you want your boy to slow down or just take it easy, but
as you now there wide open,

I bought brandon the rock garden flak jacket, and when he got
it (and his new quad) he put it on and started falling on the ground
to see if it worked.. he said it did..LOL

brandon's dad #55

HAHA!Thats too funny!:p
I never even thought about the Rock Garden until sldhd700 mentioned it to me, by then I had already ordered one.
I think that will be the next one we try. :)
How much do they cost?

CreoRacing
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Glad to see Brandon is OK. Looking forward to seeing you guys starting at round 4. Take care.

JIM GRACE
03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I picked it up from gary for about a hundred buck's and we ordered
a size medium. He is about to turn 8 and is 70lbs. It even has a
little room for him to grow into..We are also going to pick up a
leatt brace before our season kick's off.:)

brandon's dad #55

QuadJunkies
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
I would like the Leatt as well, but its just not in the cards this year.Traveling has already got us tapped out this year, each race I worry as they get faster just how bad they need one .There was a rider who had one at the last WORCS round who hates his . I think he said something about not liking how you can move your head much -too restrictive.
Maybe this would stop my son from doing look backs .LOL!

I wondered how the Rock Gardens fit.. I prefer to have the kids try something on locally, so we know , but thats not always possible. Thats a good price ! Thats about what Brandons THOR cost.
This one fits him well, but the THOR we bought last season put big bruises on his collor bones and did not fit well,we went by weight specs but it was way off.