PDA

View Full Version : Quad Won't Start

1997300ex
11-20-2002, 05:31 PM
Quad didn't start light didn't comon nothing at all worked so i had the local honda charge the battary and test it every thing was ok. I put it back on and still nothing happens so i get out a volt tester and test the battary and it is good tes the positive wire that is good then test the other side of the starter relay and no power is getting to that side. so i go and buy a new starter relay and put it in and it still doesn't start and no poer is going to the other side. is there a certain way to put it on ? i notice the studs on the relay move up and down are they supose to be pushed down or up ??? o yeah i also checked the fuse and that is fine 2. power just isn't gettin by the starter relay for some reason

"BLAHH"300!!
11-20-2002, 08:26 PM
have you looked at your....
..fuses..

hondaboy400ex
11-26-2002, 12:24 PM
try to put a screw driver between the two post on the starter relay and it should start and make sure the starter is grounged

RED121572
11-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Two months after I bought mine, one of the studs on the starter relay became loose. If it is loose like you say, it is bad, I believe I paid 60 some bucks for mine.

Your dealer should have shouldve found it when you took it in.:grr

300EX'er
12-04-2002, 09:19 AM
I had a similar starting problem not to long ago. I would turn the key and nothing would come on. I soon found out that I had a bad negitive battery cable connecton. So, I would suggest checking the connections. ;)

WhY_ZeE
12-04-2002, 03:06 PM
The same thing happened to me.. I was worried but that was only
my Fuse :p