PDA

View Full Version : How are they in the woods?

L0w3r55
03-08-2008, 02:51 PM
like the title says i live in new york and ride mostly trails and fields, would this bike be good for me or should i stay away from it like the banshee?

pimpt250r
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a type6 paul turner pipe (made for low end ) and never have had a problem with it anywhere except for logging rds and seasonals it always feels like I need 1 more gear
but will be getting a paul turner race pipe and that should solve all my problems
I LOVE MY R IN THE WOODS you dont want a banshee you will work way to hard on 1
my.02$

RichM1983
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The 250r is a great bike. It can be made to be one of the best bikes for any sport or type of riding. My bike is stock and it does great in the woods.

I also dont understand why you say a banshee isnt good for the woods. Wherever you are getting this information from is a bad place to get information from. The banshee is a great bike for the woods especially if setup right. The thing to remember is that the setup is key. You cant expect a drag banshee to do well in the woods where top end is not always usefull.

pimpt250r
03-08-2008, 06:45 PM
they are top heavy and handle like turds ,I get my info from 1st hand experience
and a banshee is the most uncomfortable atv I have ever ridden in the woods
but they are what they are, 2x the trouble

Im not gonna start a pissing contest on whats better

RichM1983
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I do agree that handling is not great on a banshee but I think they are comfortable and do well in the woods. I guess each person has a different opinion but I think they are a great bike for anything if you spend a little money and make it built for what you want to use it for.

I used to ride a stock 98 and it was fun in the woods.

x rider1291
03-08-2008, 07:55 PM
i have both a banshee and a 250r and the 250r is awesome in the trails. it has amazing handling and the power is real nice. u should definately look into getting a 250r....as for the banshee being a bad trail quad...depends on who your talking to and what u like. i think my banshee does very well in the trails and its for the most part stock. you just have to kno how to ride a banshee and believe me wen u learn...ha ur in for one hell of a ride :devil:

woodsracer144
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
ok i say to pick up a 250r, you can set it up for every type of riding you could ever wanna do with a sport quad, i think the R is the best quad around because you can do so much with them