PDA

View Full Version : 05 predator oil questions

bignehls
03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
hey guys i want to change the gearcase oil and stock up on 2 stroke oil but i don't have a polaris dealer in my area. i have a honda zuki dealer and was wondering if anyone knew if i could get something there equivalant to what the manual recommends.

(AGL synthetic gearcase lube)
(pol. VESll syn 2 cycle)

thanks for any help!

THARNESS
03-11-2008, 09:56 AM
I have used Bel-Ray 75w gearsaver oil in the tranny and Bel-Ray H1R in the gas for three years now with great results. On your tranny oil I fill ours all the way to the top to be sure all of the bearings and gears are submerged in oil. I then got a longer piece of tubing for the tranny overflow and ran it up high towards the front of the quad so when we are racing some of the oil will be pumped out into the tube,but when you stop it will all drain back down into the case.

Good luck
Tom

Blazer25
03-14-2008, 07:00 PM
My daughter ran about 80 races last year on a highly modified, hetrick built predator 90 and we ran spectro the whole year (because that is one of her sponsors) and have had wonderful results. She only had 1 engine related dnf the whole season! Even if she ever lost her sponsorship I would still use it. It works great. I use both mixing oil and gearbox oil.