PDA

View Full Version : Big Race In IL

Mity Mo
11-05-2001, 01:40 PM
There is going to be a big race in DuQuoin,IL this weekend on the nov.11th. On sunday. It starts at 7:30am. There is an appreciation race going on with promises of decent money and trophies. They race an A-class, B-class and a C-class for atvs. so be sure to come down and check it out. I will be there but I cant race due to surgery. It will be alot of fun. It is an easy track with no big doubles. Very easy for a 1st timer to come out and do well. Even if all you do is trailride or cross country come out and enjoy the festivities. Be sure to stop by my trailer so you can get pics of your bike on the internet for free. Let me know if you need directions to the race. :D

Zingnut
11-05-2001, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I won't be there but saw in your sig your from Highland, IL. Thats my home town. I now live in Carbondale, IL and love it. I would have gone to the race but its deer season in MO and am planning a trip for opening day there. Take a look and see if you see 2Fast2Crash racing those are my friends. Have great time.

BANSHEEadam
11-05-2001, 04:37 PM
I live pretty close to St.Louis, about 60 miles west. How far away is it from there? I've never raced before, and I want to try a couple to see what it's like before spending all kinds of money on gear and stuff. If anyone else knows of some races close to me, I'd like to hear them. I can't find much on the internet and don't know who else to talk to.
Thanks

Mity Mo
11-05-2001, 05:52 PM
From New Haven to DuQuoin its about 120-130 miles. DuQuoin is about 60 miles SE of st.louis. We have a race on the 17-18 in Salem,IL which would be a little closer for you. Check out Yahoo.com for maps and driving directions from your house to DuQuoin. There website is www.2fast2crash.50megs.com/paradisemx/01paradise-idx.html that will give you directions to the track.

Moto92
11-05-2001, 11:17 PM
I live in Mt. Vernon, Ill for sure come and check it out.
I never hear anything about races around here

Zingnut
11-06-2001, 06:39 AM
Dude went to your webpage..... Pretty cool.... Anyway your name was there and your history. Funny thing is is that in grade school and High school we hung out together. Maybe you'll remember me or not but here goes. Jeff Bickel.... Small world when you find an old buddy from school on a ATV Forum Board. My buddies from DuQuoin and other areas with 2Fast2Crash racing all race Xcounrty. I have been to a few of the races with them but never got into actually racing. Love riding with them and back inthe days I had a LT250R and had ritter do all the work on it.... That was when Scott Wellen had a Banshee and Touchee had a 250x. Well wish I could be up there this weekend to say hey but I have commited time to opening weekend in Owensville, Mo for Deer season. Prolly bring the bike with me and chase the damn things down if I don't shoot one.... Well best of luck and I will email you to keep in touch. Maybe get together sometime MOM still lives in Highland.... Cya!!!!!!!!

Mity Mo
11-06-2001, 07:22 AM
Whata small world it is. Great to hear from you Jeff. That is defintitely pretty cool. I race full GNC MX series. This year the way it looks I will get damn near a full ride through sponsors. Definitely keep in touch, we can hook up one of these days. :D

BANSHEEadam
11-06-2001, 06:42 PM
Well I live in New Haven, about 25 miles from Owensville. Do you ever go riding at Finger Lakes? I've never been there, but my cousin hunts and went to school up there and he said it's awesome. Some weekend after this winter, when I get my license, a couple friends and I are gonna go up there. Maybe a group of us can meet or somethin and rent a couple cabins. I was plannin on getting a cabin and staying the weekend anyway, but if any of you other guys can go, let me know. Good luck hunting. Think about me when you're sittin out there, I'll be working.

Mity Mo, the race on 17-18, is that just MX? I think if I do get into racing it will be cross country, but we'll see how it goes. MX seems really cool, just think I would be more at home in a CC race. I've never ridden on a track in my life, so you can see where I'm coming from.

Mity Mo
11-06-2001, 08:35 PM
The only place I ride my bike is on MX tracks. I dont take it on riding trips anymore. Way too much money invested.I have around 13,500 in it and I dont run between trees with it any more. Salem is only a MX track. I cant say that I know of too many cross country tracks around here but I will see if I can dig some up. :cool:

Zingnut
11-07-2001, 10:26 AM
Yeah 300exadam I may have some time that I will be up there in the summer. My Aunt and Uncle own some land in Owensville, MO. I used to spend summers up there riding the creeks and quarries. Would like to go out riding not sure where Finger lake is but will ask my cousin about it and see if he knows. Hey Brian, Good Luck at the race and tell Jason the same. You ever race down here at the Crab Orchard course, or the Little Egypt track. I have been to a few xcountry races there but never mx. Maybe catch you at the Edge to its only an hour away. Well again Good Luck.