PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Vibe tricks to the trade?

EXtreme-
03-08-2008, 10:26 AM
anyone have any home-made remedies to help eliminate the vibration up through the bars? (besides an AV stem)

Everytime I ride my 250r, I get a little tingle :D

beobe99
03-08-2008, 10:52 AM
-Get a peice of rubber or like an old hand grip. Cut it into like 1 inch wide strips and get a small hose clamp. Tighten the hose clamp around the rubber on the frame at key points. (its kinda like your recreating someone holding the frame really tight.)

-Go to home Depot and get the Silicon caulk. Fill your handle bars up with it (prob. the best one ive heard of)

-do the silicon thing to the steering stem support part of the frame to (Im PRETTY sure theres a hole there somewhere. if not drill one) I havnt done this yet but im going to try it there and around the engine mounts / pegs.

I made a post on this awhile back.. Im going to go search it now. if I find it I'll copy/paste it in here. (I know theres more ideas in there im forgetting)

EDITED -

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306490&highlight=vibration

Theres deffinitly some things I forgot. according to acouple guys in that thread the R doesnt vibrate at all and you should check your engine. Me I would like to be able to sit on my R and not even know its running (by touch, not sound)

Motofool250r
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
you could make some anti vibe bar ends

there are some pro taper bar grips that say they stop vibration i believe
could also put some rubber on engine mounts and such.

fill up the stock steering stem with some good silicone or the bars

could drill out your stock clamp mount and use some rubber around he bar where you mount it so the mounted area is cushioned with rubber