PDA

View Full Version : clutch help

jpfmotors
03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
this might be a dumb question but when i am ridden my tranny shifts good while i am just sitting with quad running then it will not go into neutral. while not running it shifts fine i have tried to adjust many ways from the lever and at the case but its not working also while i am sitting in one place quad running clutch in tranny in gear and i hit the throttle the quad rocks back and forth just a very little i hope some one can help 05 450r kicker i got the quad just recently trieing to work out all the bugs i dont know if the clutch might be going but then it would not move. i use spectro clutch saver fluid changed every 5 hours 2rides. or it might be a tranny problem but i don't think so
someone help

03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Your clutch basket is worn and it needs it be replaced.

jpfmotors
03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
do you know what causes this and how the basket effects shifting into neutral while running. i like knowing how things work

jpfmotors
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
sorry one other question what isthe best option buy a stock one or aftermarket i ride pretty hard but just trail and pits

TRX450R014
03-08-2008, 02:36 PM
The leading edges of the clutch baskets fingers (where friction disk tabs ride) become grooved.On a stock basket these are not protected by replaceable metal plates...most aftermarket ones are (hinson,barnett,etc) so I would suggest spending the extra cash on an aftermarket one.

jpfmotors
03-08-2008, 03:54 PM
thanks for the info