PDA

View Full Version : Spark Arrestor

Perazzimx14
03-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Is a spark arrestor avaliable for the stock DRR exhaust? If not does anybody make one?

Quad4Fun
03-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Good question.

We are racing the WORCS series out this way and will need to have one for one of the rounds coming up.

cody 911
03-10-2008, 04:21 PM
CALL EXTREME MINI QUADS THEY CAN GET THEM FOR YOU WE WILL BE NEEDING THEM IN CALIFORNIA WORCS RACE

racerdad199
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Are they pretty generic so if I have a pipe that my mechanic has designed is it going to fit on that?

Quad4Fun
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by cody 911
CALL EXTREME MINI QUADS THEY CAN GET THEM FOR YOU WE WILL BE NEEDING THEM IN CALIFORNIA WORCS RACE
Of course we will :D :D :p :p

cody 911
03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
yes just need the size of the exhaust

QuadJunkies
03-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Pepper told us that as long as you had something in the end piece, that was good eough. You can make a screen to instert.
We are using a yoshi and just making our own.It doesnt have to be forest serviced approved.
Unless something had changed since we spoke last, that shoudl be good enough.
A racing company told me the Sparkys would most likely not hold up in a WORCS race .Not sure on the truth to that, but considering how hard the tracks can be on the minis , I wouldnt be surprised! :p lol

racerdad199
04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Pepper told us that as long as you had something in the end piece, that was good eough. You can make a screen to instert.
We are using a yoshi and just making our own.It doesnt have to be forest serviced approved.
Unless something had changed since we spoke last, that shoudl be good enough.
A racing company told me the Sparkys would most likely not hold up in a WORCS race .Not sure on the truth to that, but considering how hard the tracks can be on the minis , I wouldnt be surprised! :p lol

I just received an email from Pepper and she said that it must be usf approved and Hollister Hills will be checking them.

Help!!!:macho

Quad4Fun
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Whew. We got lucky.
Sean stated at Pacific Raceways that the mini's that will NOT leave the motocross track do not need one. Guess it's good were racing the stock class on Sunday :) :)
So anybody racing the mini race on Sunday do NOT have to have one......................

QuadJunkies
04-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Glad we know ahead of time now since the plan apparently changed since Havasu.

Ill have to get busy buying something soon.I have no idea which one I need to order .

So... if a Yoshi screen is usf approved and is insterted, can that be used or does it Have to be a sparkys? That would suck to make that drive to miss out on a race.
Also, if a rider loses there sparkys on the 1st race, what happens for there 2nd race?:confused:
I keep hearing they will not stay on well ,but I dont know any quad riders whos ever used them.

Thanks for posting that racerdad199 !! :)

raidernut
04-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Here is the response i got, and you dont have to necessarily have a usfs approved arrester

The correct answer is if there is a USFS approved available for Buddy's ATV, then that is what you must use . If not, you can use what you have, the hook cannot pass through the screen though, meaning we use a tool to test to make sure the screen is small enough to pass.

This means you can retro something off an existing spark arrester. I made mine from a stock yfz 450 one. No need to get carried away with this.

QuadJunkies
04-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Well, then I guess thats about the same answer they gave me a Havasu then.
Thanks for clarifying that.
Ill let Troy know .