PDA

View Full Version : 07 450R's

TrX450Rfreek
03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
is there anything wrong with the 07's?
cuz im gussing u might no how crappy the economy is right now and i seen a new 07Crf450R bike for $5549 at my local honda and i got a auto and rv magazine like an auto trader and they had new 07's for $4499 and i was wondering if they have anyproblems like engine,tranny,suspension etc.
i thought i heard somthing about them on here but i cant remember wat it was i think it had to do with the rear shock or swingarm? i cant remember
but i would appreciate any info or knowledge u have
im not uneducated on motors ive done a couple rebuilds on some stuff so if there is an easy fix to a problem i should be able to figure it out
thanx

SicRipp83
03-07-2008, 07:05 PM
i used to have an 06 and now i have a an 07 i see no differece identical from what i can tell except my 07 is still in one piece haha

TrX450Rfreek
03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
yea ill prolly see if i can get one
im a loyal honda fan but im ridin a 02 KX125 but we got a good deal on it so w.e
ill slowly make it ready for XC but it depends on the money i got
lol

blacknblue#2
03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
i have an 07 that ive rode hard for about a year now......it has the simple bolt on mods, jets, exhaust, etc. etc. i am not gonna touch the internals till its ready for it i dont think. It has pretty good power and like i mentioned before i have rode it REAL hard for a year. Ive shown it no mercy, im tryin to get it to smoke so i have an excuse to go inside of it and i cant get it to even puff any smoke or lose any power

midnight
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
The only thing bad I heard about the 07s is that they dont go good with the HRC kits.As I said though thats just wat I heard

d3ktrix
03-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by midnight
The only thing bad I heard about the 07s is that they dont go good with the HRC kits.As I said though thats just wat I heard

Whats that supposed to mean?
Don't go good? In what way?

woodrow7777
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
i love my HRC kit in my 07.. tons o low end torque.. finally kick the crap out of my brothers 05 cam modded yfz now too..

so id go with the 07 with the hrc kit.. you will love it.

Lococoin
03-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TrX450Rfreek
is there anything wrong with the 07's?
cuz im gussing u might no how crappy the economy is right now and i seen a new 07Crf450R bike for $5549 at my local honda and i got a auto and rv magazine like an auto trader and they had new 07's for $4499 and i was wondering if they have anyproblems like engine,tranny,suspension etc.
i thought i heard somthing about them on here but i cant remember wat it was i think it had to do with the rear shock or swingarm? i cant remember
but i would appreciate any info or knowledge u have
im not uneducated on motors ive done a couple rebuilds on some stuff so if there is an easy fix to a problem i should be able to figure it out
thanx

where can you get new 07s for 4500?

rollie
03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
i love my 07, going on my second race season without a single major problem:cool: get a white one!!

midnight
03-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Whats that supposed to mean?
Don't go good? In what way?

well,like I said though,its just what i heard.Myself I dont have a HRC kit in mine so I have no idea but ive been told it causes engine problems and such on the 07's but no problems with the older ones

d3ktrix
03-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by midnight
well,like I said though,its just what i heard.Myself I dont have a HRC kit in mine so I have no idea but ive been told it causes engine problems and such on the 07's but no problems with the older ones

Its just a cam an a header. And a cam thats been around forever in the CRFs at that.
And the 07 is the same exact engine as the 06, so I don't see how it could have different effects.

I wouldn't keep repeating that rumor for no reason.

midnight
03-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Its just a cam an a header. And a cam thats been around forever in the CRFs at that.
And the 07 is the same exact engine as the 06, so I don't see how it could have different effects.

I wouldn't keep repeating that rumor for no reason.

hey man.....relax...im not trying to start anything...and i didnt want to repeat it but your the one that asked and I answered you.Hell im glad you told me bout it cause I didnt even know what the hell a HRC kit was anyway...but now I do

TrX450Rfreek
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
umm idk if u guys watch the new but the economy is goin down and even in the paper i seen an article about how dirtbikes and atvs r goin down in price
my local honda next month is havin a sale 500 bucks off everything they have in stock
and in a auto trader like magazine they had 07 450r's starting at 4500 and 07 yfz's starting at around 5300
lots of things are going to be comin down in price unless our economy gets back to normal