PDA

View Full Version : Huge Weekend For Can-Am MX

ThePhantomRider
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
This will be the first real test for the Epic and Wernert teams out here in California for the new DS 450, how well it stacks up to the competition and what, if any changes they need to make for the coming season.

I'll be headed up there Sunday for all the action so I should have some info and pictures when I get back....

TPR

LTR450_#67
03-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Sound good TPR....everybody has their predictions on who's finishing where, but if you ask me you can't anymore every one of the Pros are blazin fast.

Click the link and scroll down a lil----->ATV 4Play (http://atvfourplay.com/Can%20Am.htm)
You'll see the top A-arm brackets.....I'm not doggin the CanAm DS450 (it's definitely going to change the Sport quad industry), but I'm sure they make these for a reason.

No quad is perfect.....got to love the aftermarket.

Dan_Guetter
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
We will be there as well! Should be a fun and interesting race. We are bringing out the akraix/can-am bike as well...stop by and check it out!

Dan

OutlawBill
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I will be you up there all so, I all so signed up for a test ride on the DS450 on the 23 at Glamis.

ThePhantomRider
03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Sound good TPR....everybody has their predictions on who's finishing where, but if you ask me you can't anymore every one of the Pros are blazin fast.

Click the link and scroll down a lil----->ATV 4Play (http://atvfourplay.com/Can%20Am.htm)
You'll see the top A-arm brackets.....I'm not doggin the CanAm DS450 (it's definitely going to change the Sport quad industry), but I'm sure they make these for a reason.

No quad is perfect.....got to love the aftermarket.

Absolutely. From what I've heard, chassis-wise was that the design works great for nearly every riding situation without fail.

During race testing however, what the teams noticed was that the addition of wider and slightly heavier a-arms, the additional leverage created by the suspension would cause a bit more flex in the frame around the upper a-arm mounts. Nothing severe, but in order to not have to go and repair-replace frame components, this was a simple and effective fix to finalize the MX platform.

This also allowed them to better tune the front end as there was no longer a geometric change with flex.

This is essentially the gusset kit needed for the DS.....AND IT'S A BOLT IN PRODUCT!!!!!

I won't say it's essential for everyone, but racers for sure, and anyone that wants to add a different front end may consider it and I would venture to guess that it is possible that the factory will address this on future models once the year is spent with public use as well as a full race season of abuse has yielded a wealth of data.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
We will be there as well! Should be a fun and interesting race. We are bringing out the akraix/can-am bike as well...stop by and check it out!

Dan

NO!!!

Because then I'll want it....LOL

If I get some time I'll swing by.

After all the time I have spent on the web promoting/informing/defending the DS...there are a couple Can-Am big wigs that want to meet me....probably to tell me to stop...LMAO!!!!

TPR

spanky101
03-08-2008, 01:21 PM
hope this weekend goes as well i hope it does for can-am! if i get a new quad its a throwdown betweent he kfx and ds for sure!

atvtrailrider
03-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Greg Gee at Glen Helen

atvtrailrider
03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Jeremy Lawson at Glen Helen Practice

spanky101
03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
those bikes are looking great to say the least! makes me excited to get to ride one hopefully soon!

NJ450rider
03-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Im definatly hopin can am and polaris do well this weekend!!!

ThePhantomRider
03-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Bummin right now as the first heat race is getting ready to start, got stuck here at home because the wife came down with a real bad flu....gotta tend to the issues at home first....

TPR

OutlawBill
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM
best Can-Am did was John Natalie 4th he did get the holeshot on the second moto but lost it the second turn

jstunkel
03-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Is Natalie running stock exhaust? It looks like it in that last pic?.

Jersey450R
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jstunkel
Is Natalie running stock exhaust? It looks like it in that last pic?.

HMF.

Vade
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Natalie woulda whooped more *** if he was still riding honda :p

ThePhantomRider
03-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Well, John had the holeshot in the second moto but got sideways in the first turn and got mixed to the middle of the pack.

Now that all the teams got this race under their belts the adjustments are being made and I'd venture to say that you'll see a dogfight between the two yellow teams.

TPR

OutlawBill
03-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
Well, John had the holeshot in the second moto but got sideways in the first turn and got mixed to the middle of the pack.

Now that all the teams got this race under their belts the adjustments are being made and I'd venture to say that you'll see a dogfight between the two yellow teams.

TPR I would add one green quad of Josh Creamer he was fast this weekend

QuadJunkies
03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
atvtrailrider-
Did Zimmeman or Smith attend ?
Just curious how they done.

ccmuscle22
03-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey there,
Both were there. I know Dillion did fairly well in one class. Smith kept having bike issues.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com

CannondaleRider
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ccmuscle22
Hey there,
Both were there. I know Dillion did fairly well in one class. Smith kept having bike issues.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com

I wonder if Smith is just really hard on stuff. He seems to keep having issues.

Was it doing the same thing as it was at Mesquite? Or something different?

QuadJunkies
03-13-2008, 10:52 AM
That sucks for Smith,that dude was FAST on one of his races at Mesquite!:eek2:
Christian, did you have fun ? I wish I could have gone to GH .

fmfhonda250r
03-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Brandon went from almost last in the pro main and passed his way to second then his bike blew up on the last lap

fmfhonda250r
03-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Brandon went from almost last in the pro main and passed his way to second then his bike blew up on the last lap

QuadJunkies
03-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by fmfhonda250r

Was a much better wk end for Brandon this wk end at Havasu!:cool:
Congrats on his podium!
There will be coverage up tomrrow.

#17YFZRACER
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I would add one green quad of Josh Creamer he was fast this weekend

and that BLUE #199. pat brown is crazy

RATPACK Z400
04-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Brown & creamer will need to ride pretty hard to beat the zuki boys thats for sure! those zuki boys looking like there,s no stopping them these year!John Natalie went off turn and flipped his quad from the reports.

QuadJunkies
04-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Frederick took home another win today at round 4 of the WORCS series.