PDA

View Full Version : EBC clutch?

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
last spring i had my whole engine rebuilt and bored out to a 426.well i heard stories that of people getting a bigger bore and i would blow the clutches so if figured what the hell i don't want that happening so i bought a EBC clutch kit.After i got everything back together i rode it around the yard no problems, now my question is this when i had the stock springs plates i could go from 1st to 5th back down to 1st no problems but now i try that and the clutch wont let me go from 5th all the way back down to first it gets to 2nd and it wont shift into 1st unless I'm going slow.Now when i had my ex apart everything check out good no problems so whats up with this is it the clutch kit with the 10% heavier springs?oh yeah if just putting around the yard all gears work great its really only when I'm going fast then trying to downshift to slow my self down that it does this.The clutch has done this from day one and I've never had a problem with my stock one just the EBC.(let me try to explain it like this ....if i were to fly down the road from 1st to 5th no problems going up in gears now down shifting isn't a problem either until i try to get back into first, i could always do this before with the stock clutch, i could shift from 5th to 1st and it would go in but skid the tires now i cant even do that....hmmm any help would be great.

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
adjusting the clutch on the bars.

checked the clutch arm of movement,binding.

basket is good.

i use 20w-50 HP4 oil.

are the heavier springs doing this?

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I can live with this problem it just sucks going into a corner trying to grab 1st and your chugging in second.....HELP!!!!! Also like i said before it wont do it if I'm riding it normally only when i pound threw the gears and back down...ps my sig says dirt digger its suposed to say dirt racer lol....

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
no one? come on guys.....

REDRIDDER
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
nobody wtf lol...

j450rking
03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
i have never had this problum and i have the same clutch setup. it may be the springs or it may be somthing else i'm not sure but i know it can't be good to put it in 1st from a higher gear and make the tires skid. i would try putting the stock springs in and see if it still dose it. by the way the stock clutch works fine with bored and camed engines i know alot of guys that run stock gaskets and clutchs with 440's

REDRIDDER
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
lol...i didnt mean 5th to 1st with out dowshifting through all the gears first lol...i meant shifting all the way to 5th and back down through the gears to first it just wouldnt go into 1st it stays in second and if i slow down and double clutch it it will go back into first.you get what im saying or not? lol....

j450rking
03-08-2008, 05:03 PM
oh ok i get it! lol you scared me there. i get what your saying. i would try the stock springs and see what it dose. how long has the clutch been in?

REDRIDDER
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
since my 426 build last spring it's got about 17hrs on it as of now.

Shutang
03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
I had a similar issue....only mine would not go into anything higher than 3rd gear at the sod drag under full load. I was running barnett's though.....I have a 440 with every motor mod I can possibly do and finally went back to OEM HONDA clutch fibers steels and springs and had no issues......I have since then got all hinson. I burned up 3 sets of barnetts in 1 season...thats rediculous!