PDA

View Full Version : What size cool head dome to get?

speedfreek
03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I want to run RACE gas only in my shee and need to know what size domes to get for a pro design cool head. I see anywhere from 15cc to 22cc. Also what octane goes with which size dome? thanks

Hondamaster5505
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
As far as I know, the smaller the dome the higher compression and higher octane gas.

I think 20cc is the lowest you can go with regular gas. 18cc and below you have to run race fuel. Not sure what octane though..

Washburn
03-13-2008, 02:54 AM
If your going to run race fuel 18cc domes will really help you out on lowend and mid without killing your topend any lower and your going to sacrifice on top I assure you.

speedfreek
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Washburn
If your going to run race fuel 18cc domes will really help you out on lowend and mid without killing your topend any lower and your going to sacrifice on top I assure you. Thanks, I thought that there had something to do with too much compression on a 2 stroke and losing top end. I'll won't go any lower than 18cc.

Washburn
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I think 18cc domes and a timing advance +4 or +7 are the most common will really wake your bottom end up noticeably and wont sacrfice topend so you will feel it by seat of the pants. Tire size and gearing should be the power feel factor, ya know. It should put you around 170-180 PSI and thats alot for any 2 stroke engine and will definatly call for Ide say atleast 110 octane but will be plenty worth it and be your biggest power gain aside from pipes and porting.