PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

superchevy
03-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I have tried everything i canot get my quad to idle the only way it dose is with the choke on i have cleaned the carb rejetted it done everything there is all it has is a k and n airfilter it use to run alriht then it sat for a little while then just wont idel rins fine when you get on it but wont just sit and run anyone have any ideas what this could be send them my way thanks

NJ450rider
03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
What does the spark plug look like? Is it a new one or is the old one all fouled up with carbon buildup?

What size jets for just an airfilter and thats it i dunno if you would even need to rejet it. If anything maybe up one size.

Have you played with the idle speed or air/fuel screw at all?

superchevy
03-07-2008, 10:28 AM
the spark plug looks fine clean i had a 148 main in the quad so i tried oin up to a 150 due to the airfilter that did nothing so i tried getting a bigger pilot jet that made it just die out like flood out so i put the original back in. now the thing is it looks like people say you can adjust that screw but you cant right you screw it all the way in? the fuel air it seems like it is doin nothing to the quad at idle iam gettin tired of pullin the carb off. The pilot is all the way in the main is seated the only thing you can adjust is the fuel air mixture screw right..

superchevy
03-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Heres the deal if i clog the intake air hose with a rag the quad idles fine but once i put the k and n airfilter back on it dies out so its got to be its getting to much air obviously how do i fix that???

BigBore24
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
screwing your pilot screw out gives it more fuel, if you get out more than 3 turns or so then you need to rejet. make sure you have no air leaks where thecarb mounts. try spraying some starting fluid lightly in that area and see if the motor races up any.