PDA

View Full Version : BPG Track Conditions and Pic's

dan harris
03-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Friday March 7, 2008: Tracks have thawed and dried out nicely. We will be open this weekend and I expect tracks to be in good shape as long as the weather stays nice.

This is a pic of the New Downhill Ski Jump. Notice the landing ramp is about 6' higher then it was before. The jump used to step down in the middle, now it steps up. It did make the jump a little shorter from tip to tip. Now its right around 48' tip to tip and over 70' to the middle of the landing ramp.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:06 AM
This is an old pic of the down hill from up top. This pic was taken last year before I made it much wider. But from this pic you can see that the jump steps down not up like it does now.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
This is a good side view of it. Talk about alot of dirt !!

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:10 AM
This is the jump now from the front. Notice all the tree's on the left that are gone, and how much lower the ground is there. Check out the landing, very sweet.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Like I said from the peak of the take off to the top peak of the landing ramp is 48 feet. But with a landing ramp like this you can probally jump 70 feet or more.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:16 AM
......ok maybe you wouldn't want to go more then 70 feet. These pics were taken on Tuesday, notice how muddy everything still was.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:20 AM
The next couple pics are of the new rhythm section on the big track. The rhythm section is after the uphill flag jump, after you go around the turn you have a choice to hit the big double or go to the right and do the smaller table top. Well I took out the small table top and made a rhythm section consisting of two small 25' tabletops followed by a 20' double into the corner. This is a pic of the small 20' double into the corner.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:23 AM
This is the table top in the middle of the rhythm section.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:25 AM
This is the picture of the take off to the big double on the left and the first talbe in the rhythm section on the right. Notice how much bigger the take off ramp is on the bid dawg !! If your one of the people that do this jump pat yourself on the back.

JForestZ34
03-07-2008, 07:28 AM
NICE the pics and the track looks great.. I can't wait to come back up this year and give it a try.

James

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:30 AM
This is BPG sponsored Rider Paul Gregg landing the big double last summer. Major Air time!

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
This is another view of the last jump in the rhythm section.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 07:38 AM
This is why I didn't get the uphill Flag jump finished. Loader troubles. When the track popped off it broke the lower lift cylinder. The track came off cause the front idler wheel and bearing have worn out. Three wheeler Jesse will be here today with his mobile repair truck to get it going again. Its not a big job, but the parts alone are over 3 grand.

JForestZ34
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
This is why I didn't get the uphill Flag jump finished. Loader troubles. When the track popped off it broke the lower lift cylinder. The track came off cause the front idler wheel and bearing have worn out. Three wheeler Jesse will be here today with his mobile repair truck to get it going again. Its not a big job, but the parts alone are over 3 grand.

WOW three grand.. I would be outta commision for the rest of the year.. At least it got fixed and the track got finished.. You could have always finished the rest by hand with a shovel.. :)

James

dan harris
03-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Yeah maintaining the equipment is no joke. I work it pretty hard and get alot of work done with one little loader. Everything here was built with that one machine, plus I've built about 10 other tracks with it.

03-07-2008, 08:44 AM
looks great! trying to get down for the spring fling but my job been making me work every weekend. blah!. hate being the part timer. hope to make it down. these are my fav tracks period.

dan harris
03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately it's Friday afternoon and the RAIN just came in and now the tracks are looking pretty muddy again. They call for snow Saturday night. Can't seem to get a break up here in Breezewood.

quad2xtreme
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Changes look great Dan. I can't wait for Easter weekend. I promise to bring the nice NC weather with me. Actually, it is raining right now but that is just 1" of rain to prep all the local tracks for riding this weekend. :D

I might not be riding the tracks here this weekend though...still waiting on my front shocks to arrive. :grr:

jherbie28
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM
looks sick dan best of luck with the weather, THESE TRACKS DRAIN GREAT:) bike still not done:mad: see ya soon

jon i feel your pain

quad2xtreme
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Josh,

I switched my front-end to a 2005 setup. It was when I was doing this I noticed one shock was blown and my lower balljoints were loose. Houser got those right out to me and the local Honda shop pressed them in. I gambled on my shocks getting here in time via regular UPS versus paying Colby to ship them in 2 days. Hopefully they arrived today.

You going to be at Breezewood for Easter?

jherbie28
03-07-2008, 01:00 PM
not sure on set days with the baby due in may but you better belive we will be there every chance we get, also will be back up about 2months after zachary is born hopefully:D i want him to grow up at breezewood, that means alot to me. will see ya soon hope to have the bike back together for next weekend or the following:) well see. hope your shocks show up today dude.

05Z400rdr
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
The changes look great Dan!!! I can't wait to try out the new downhill! :D I hope the weather you are getting there soon stops! I need to ride somewhere this weekend that's not too muddy so I can finish dialing everything in because the follwing weekend is our first race, and I only rode it once (last weekend) since last year..:( Good luck with finishing the bike Josh!

Landon

Robin Hood
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM

Be thankful it was just an idler gear! We recently had the planetary drive gear blow on our JCB skid steer and it's a whopping 6 grand to replace! It's also about a 1/3 the size of your bulldozer too! :scary:

Jumps look awesome though Dan. Hope to shoot down there a few times this year. :D

jherbie28
03-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
The changes look great Dan!!! I can't wait to try out the new downhill! :D I hope the weather you are getting there soon stops! I need to ride somewhere this weekend that's not too muddy so I can finish dialing everything in because the follwing weekend is our first race, and I only rode it once (last weekend) since last year..:( Good luck with finishing the bike Josh!

Landon

landon did you get my e-mail with the pics?

05Z400rdr
03-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah I got it, but the pics wouldn't load for me because they are so big and our dial up is soo slow... if you put them on photobucket or just reduce the size and send them to me, I'll be able to see them then

dan harris
03-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the positive response on the track changes. I'm looking forward to doing alot more!!! But this weather totally sucks!!!!! Its been raining all night and all morning. Everything is muddy.

Landon, good luck at your first race next weekend, have fun with it and just ride. I'm sure you'll have a great time and do very well. Sorry the tracks are such a mess this weekend.

Jon I'm looking forward to some of that North Carolina weather you plan on bringing with you easter weekend. Will you be back up for the Swap meet on 4/20?? I know you have alot of stock parts you could sell.

dan harris
03-08-2008, 07:31 AM
I also wanted to let everybody know that if they plan on building a couch for the quad pulled couch race on July 4th weekend, that they can drop off their couch and store it here anytime. I've got plenty of room in the big barn.

If anyone has an old couch they would like to donate for someone else to use in the couch race, either bring it up and drop it off or you could post it here and maybe someone will pick it up. I already have one donated couch up there for someone to use.

quad2xtreme
03-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Dan,

Move the couch race to the big track. That would step up the fan fun factor. :D

dan harris
03-09-2008, 06:52 AM
The rain and snow stopped last night. This morning its pretty cold out there but thats making for drier track conditions. I'll be working on the tracks all week getting them ready for next weekend.

flyboy62
03-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Dan,

hell yea!!! i have always wanted to jump a couch

05Z400rdr
03-09-2008, 10:55 AM
The rain and snow stopped last night. This morning its pretty cold out there but thats making for drier track conditions. I'll be working on the tracks all week getting them ready for next weekend.

It's good to hear it finally stopped! I tried calling this morning at about 8, and it was busy, but we figured we might as well just hold off for today since we wouldn't have been able to get up their until probably at least 12, and we were getting ready to leave for church, lol. We will probably be up either Thursday or Friday, as long as the weather is half decent, if you don't mind...?

dan harris
03-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Landon, Tracks should be good this thur or friday. They were decent today cause it's so cold out the mud is frozen. As long as it doesn't rain the day you come up it should be good to go.

Flyboy, I know you'd jump your couch. That why I've gotta keep the race off the track, you guys are too nuts. This year were gonna have a bigger course and run more then two couch's at a time.

dan harris
03-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Dan,

Actually one lap around the big track backwards would be pretty cool. Except there's a good chance going down the take off ramps the couch's would catch up to and hit the pulling quads???

Maybe we could go around the big jumps.

KH426
03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Dan,

I can make it fly:devil:

jesseweaver
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
haha, i say at least have a small jump or 2. watch nitro circus 4 for some good couch racing.

05Z400rdr
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Well dad and I are headed up for the day tomorrow! I can't wait!!!! See you guys in a few hours! :cool:

Landon

dan harris
03-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Landon,

Tracks are in awesome shape. I spent all week getting them ready. The down hill ski jump and the new flag jump are both done and ready for you to tame them. Expect great track conditions from now until December.

KXRida
03-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Finally got my tires in this morning. Got my work schedule too, so that kinda screws up this weekend. Hoping to maybe make it down sometime during the week, but they're calling for snow again! Come on!

quad2xtreme
03-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Actually one lap around the big track backwards would be pretty cool. Except there's a good chance going down the take off ramps the couch's would catch up to and hit the pulling quads???

Maybe we could go around the big jumps.

Dan,

You could have Kevin test before July 4th celebration weekend. I don't think the couches would slide down the ramps...maybe the ones with the solid plywood bottoms but even then I still doubt it. Of course I just like the idea because I would be a spectator. :D I wouldn't actually ride a couch. :eek2: It would be cool to see the whole race. I don't think anyone would mind shutting down the main track for an hour while you ran the races. The Rhythm track could stay open.

I also think the 4X4's would have a better shot and would make a later mudbog exciting...in fact, run the couch pull through the mudbog. lol.

flyboy62
03-13-2008, 04:20 PM
i will run the couch through the mud bog. i will make it float:blah:

Dan,
make that couch track go in the trails too! that would be sick. i cant wait to get up there. i am prolly heading up with one of my friends after school on the 28th:D

i got new plastic and a brand new axle for the 250. i am so excited!!!

quad2xtreme
03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I will be there about noon on Friday, the 21st and staying until Sunday around 3:00. Anyone else heading up over Easter?

dan harris
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
I like the idea of running the couch's through part of the woods, that should slow kh426 down some.

Tracks are in great shape, Landon was here ripping it up today. He was the first person to hit the new improved ski jump and uphill flag jump. Hopefully he'll post some pic's.

dan harris
03-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Dan,

You could have Kevin test before July 4th celebration weekend. I don't think the couches would slide down the ramps...maybe the ones with the solid plywood bottoms but even then I still doubt it. Of course I just like the idea because I would be a spectator. :D I wouldn't actually ride a couch. :eek2: It would be cool to see the whole race. I don't think anyone would mind shutting down the main track for an hour while you ran the races. The Rhythm track could stay open.

I also think the 4X4's would have a better shot and would make a later mudbog exciting...in fact, run the couch pull through the mudbog. lol.
I wonder if they could pull the couch's up the ski jump. We could start the race on top of the connector jump and run the opposite direction and end the race at the tripple. We need a test couch???

05Z400rdr
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Dan, I had a blast today! The tracks were so awesome...they were perfect! I'm working on uploading a bunch of pictures..I won't have them on for a while yet, because with this awesome dial up, they are going to take foreverrr to upload. But I should have them on tonight, and I'm going to start a new thread with a bunch of pics from today :cool: Dan...did you hear that I took a pretty good spill this afternoon on my ltr?...I guess there's a first for everything...:blah:

Landon

KH426
03-14-2008, 05:03 AM
I like the idea of running the couch's through part of the woods, that should slow kh426 down some.

Tracks are in great shape, Landon was here ripping it up today. He was the first person to hit the new improved ski jump and uphill flag jump. Hopefully he'll post some pic's.

NEVER!! go big or go home. :devil:
lol

05Z400rdr
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Here is a pic of the new downhill, look in my other thread for more pics from the Proving Grounds from yesterday!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/hardrock830/Novemember2120070331.jpg

jherbie28
03-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I will be there about noon on Friday, the 21st and staying until Sunday around 3:00. Anyone else heading up over Easter?

jon see ya there, oh and dan dont give him any ideas im the one who has to ride the thing:eek2:

see ya this weekend