PDA

View Full Version : tough throttle

sethjones
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Just got 400 and was told that the carb came off of a motorcycle. Quad runs great but the thumb throttle is very hard to push. Don't know much about quads, just like to ride. Any suggestions on what to do to make the throttle easier to push?

BigBore24
03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
i assume you mean the carb came off a dirtbike, but it could very well be a throttle cable starting to sieze. unhook the end that goes onto the carb and see if its still hard to work. if so take the end out of the thumb throttle itself and try to pull the cable back and forth. if it is the cable i dont think theres any good way of fixin other than replace it. there pretty cheap though. I heard the honda 450 dirtbike carb was a push pull style which would mean it needs two cables.dunno if this is true or not but i dont know how that would work with a thumb throttle.

CSR400EX
03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
if its a FCR carb off of a dirt bike, they are a bit harder to push. i noticed that with my hybrid. you dont need two cables, using just one is OK.

kevina2017
03-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I have the crf450 carb and you can use two cables but it is still spring loaded and works fine with one not hard to push at all probally a cable getting stiff

Motofool250r
03-07-2008, 03:15 AM
also make sure your thumb throttle sharft nut is not too tight in side your thumb throttle.