PDA

View Full Version : 50jr limited rules?

quadscrib
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
In the stated class are we allowed to switch between air and liquid cooled seeing as how the DRX50's are available that way? And if so of course I know it would have to be stck jugs and so on... just wondering.
thanx

bulldogfallon
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I believe both versions will be legal for the ATVA this year.

There would be really no way of proving that a unit came with either set up unless a build sheet was available, so I think it would be ok, but with the crazy mini quad world you never know

quadscrib
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I know what you meen... but Im wondering if we're allowed to switch mid season and so on.

JIM GRACE
03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
If you replace the air cooled equipment with stock water cooled
equipment no one would know, since they are available both
ways.. This is a good idea if you plan on upgrading to A 70CC.

If you are not planning to upgrade right away spend
the money on engine porting and setting up the clutch right
and that 50 will rip.

brandon's dad #55

quadscrib
03-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Well Im not trying to split hairs but lets just say in a hypathetical sense that I switched mid season? In my boy will be running the district 14 series and everyone will know how we started out.
I dont plan to do this but I do have extra stock air cooled cylinder and such and Ive though of trying different setups even though the quad is liquid.
Probly a stupid question but say Im air cooled and get a liquid setup (stock of course) mid season... can we switch as long as its all stock parts?

neveready
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
As far as I know the rules only state you have to race both motos on the bike you qualify on. Not run the same bike you run the first race with. so no you couldn't change between motos but you can between races. As long as you stay within the class rules you should be able to change anything you want, everyone makes changes all year long. Just keep it with the legal setup and you should be fine.

quadscrib
03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Thats cool and that totally makes sense...thanx I think thats what I was looking for.

hotquads1
03-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Quadscrib,
the rules state that changes that are made by the manufacturer in a model year may be upgraded to existing quads of same model year,, basically if it comes on any bikes of the same model year as yours you can change to those factory parts
so if you have an 08' aircooled drx 50 , and 08' drx 50 is available watercooled then you can change, but you must use all factory parts only.
marc

quadscrib
03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanx Marc thats what Ive been wondering. I have both engine setups and would like to expeiriment w/ both. I cant really imagine that Id want to do too much w/ the air cooled but I have it so at least we can possibly run one while the other is being ..ahem upgraded.
Right now Im in the unemployment line so we,ll be lucky to do anything this year other than just ride but Im sure that'll change soon but My mind when $$ is concerned operates many many weeks / months in advance and right now thats quite a bleak forcast blah blah blah I digress... Thanx for the answers guys thats good to know...
... I might add that per Eric (I think) at DRR the national Drr contingency is based on vin# and is double for the air cooled DRX's...at least thats what they told me. We dont run the nats so its a non issue for us...No matter what we WILL se ya all at RED BUD this year!