PDA

View Full Version : V Force Reeds and a Spacer?

ERBE
03-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Well do the reed spacers do anything??

CorvetteZ06
03-06-2008, 06:18 AM
reed spacers are a confusing subject. Some people said they felt no difference, some people say they feel more low end, some people say they feel more top end. Usually they are needed when using a bigger carb, like a 38, 39, etc... in order to ensure proper fitment of the airboot to air box. On the other end, i have had engine tuners tell me NOT to use it, that they make you lose power, especially low end. (something about screwing with the air turbulance.) Duncan told me this, I am running one of thier PC2000 top ends. SO since then, i never ran one any more.

All250R
03-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
reed spacers are a confusing subject. Some people said they felt no difference, some people say they feel more low end, some people say they feel more top end. Usually they are needed when using a bigger carb, like a 38, 39, etc... in order to ensure proper fitment of the airboot to air box. On the other end, i have had engine tuners tell me NOT to use it, that they make you lose power, especially low end. (something about screwing with the air turbulance.) Duncan told me this, I am running one of thier PC2000 top ends. SO since then, i never ran one any more.
How did you get rid of it? Did you remount the intake tract somehow? It's been on the back burner for me to find a way to get rid of it...

ERBE
03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Im very new to teh TRX250R motors

Reed Spacers and Reed design come into play, on my LT500 88 on up use the same reed cage as a LT250 and spacer dont help but on the LT500 87s they are a must to help the reeds open up farther to produce better thottle responce.
So thats why I was asking if its a waste of time ill just throw it on E bay or just run it to see if I can get full potential of the V force 2 reeds, the spacer is 1/4" 0.250" and my help with fitting the A/S carb also.