PDA

View Full Version : valve adjustment

Rptr660rkills
03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
hey, i was reading on raptortranny.com an i am currently attempting to do them myself( raptor 660), the only trouble i am running into is getting the piston TDC an finding the timing mark, if anybody does there own a little advice or push in the right direction would be appreciated. and also what measurement on the feeler gauge you use, thanks

MadDog56
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Timing mark is on the flywheel, just remove the inspection cover and you can see it through there as you roll the engine over.

I use .006 and .008, the service manual gives you a broad range to work with.

xrdrsux
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
there are 2 covers to take off the side of the engine. The small one has the marks on it as you probably already know but you will feel the compression build up on it while turning it counter clock wise. Once you think you have gone too far or there isnt any compression build up in there you can go clock wise real easy and watch the marks. You have to go slow though. There are 2 marks one looks like this............ II and the other one is I .......... you need to line up the single "I" mark. not the other one.

smoothunknown
03-26-2008, 07:49 PM
i just put my raptor in gear and push it until the compression stops it from rolling, but i suppose if the valves aren't seating right my way wouldn't work very well. with the covers off you can see if the lobes are pushing on the lifters