PDA

View Full Version : Another scammer story...

Hondamaster5505
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, recently I had my PSP on craigslist advertising that I clearly wanted to trade it for an Xbox 360 or PS3 only. I made it clear I didn't want to sell it.

Well, a couple days later, I got an email. The email name was "Mrs Debra Cosby"
She wrote:

"DO YOU STILL HAVE IT?"

I replied back and wrote that I still had it, and only wanted to sell it. I said I wasn't going to trade it.
Soon after, I got another email. She basically said that she will spend a sum of $400 for the item and send a USPS money order for it. She said she needed it for her daughters wedding...wtf:confused:
It was typed like a scammer usually types also.

Well, the wedding thing already had me wondering. Who would buy a used PSP thats so far away for someones wedding? The money order I knew was fake too.

So I replied to her and said that I would gladly sell it for $400 (being thats alot for a PSP) and that I would only accept paypal because of all the scams lately.

Well of course, I never got a message back.

I just emailed her back right now, basically cursing her and all scammers out with every bad word known to man. I said how ill be laughing when shes in the hot place for ripping off some poor family. (of course I said it alot meaner than that)

So yeah, im tired of these people thinking they're gonna catch a class A sucker that'll fall for their trick. I told em off and its sad they most likely wont stop anyway....:ermm:

kawiefan
03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I effing hate scammers.

Hondamaster5505
03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by kawiefan
I effing hate scammers.

tell me about it.....:grr: :mad: :grr: :mad: :scary:

ricksmx865
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
a couple years ago i listed my dirtbike on ebay a liil ds 80

i had a buy it now of 700 bucks

some scammer sent me an email saying he would send a MO for something like 2200 bucks, told me i was to keep the 700 and then pay the guy that came to pick it up the rest

wtf?

and like he said...the way it was written you could just tell