PDA

View Full Version : New Atv and aftermarket parts

Creslin10
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I will be getting a new atv soon and i was really looking at the Outlaw 525 irs. I was noticing that even being out 2 years there are hardly any aftermarket parts for it do you think there will be some soon atleast by the end of the year? Also i was wondering if the Outlaw irs would be a good choice for me. I ride mainly trails and in the woods and i ride with dirtbikes also. I dont think a straight axle would be good for natural woods(No trails). As for the aftermarket parts i was really lookin for skid plates and just regular performance replacement parts anyone got any sites with some? Thanks for any input and sorry for so much at one time.

Creslin10
03-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Anyone??

GE4x4
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
What parts are you looking for? You can get about anything for the Outlaw. A-arms, exhaust, BB kits, wheels, shocks, and so on. Rath and LSracing are a start.

Creslin10
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I was really wanting like skid plates the day i got it and i was wondering about like replacement parts like if I break anything or wear it out like clutches. You got any sites? I also have another question and its is about the regular maintenance(sorry for all the questions) but it says to change the oil and filters every 15 hours, I wont be racing so is that really necessary? Lots of other maintenance is required to.

GE4x4
03-07-2008, 01:08 PM
PRM makes full skid plates for the Outlaw and bumpers and grab bars. IMHO, there the best. I have not heard any issues what so ever with the clutch, so I think your safe. Oil change every 15-20hrs should be done, but that's is a lot of riding. The KTM is a high performace engine, so extra care is needed to keep it that way. Most sport quads say the same.

outlaw450mxr
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
yea try rath, they make skids, and just look around, they make so much stuff for the 525 irs, and the outlaw 500 parts(like nerfs, skids, bumpers, ect) will fit on the 525. and yes you have to change the oil and filters about every 2 weeks if you ride a lot, same thing with any four stroke quad/dirtbike if you want it to last long.

somewon
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
PRM makes some stuff for the outlaw. ebay is a good place to find a lot of parts such as pipes, nerfs, and air filters.

Why are you so concerned about skid plates? Personally I think getting a good set of nerf bars is a much more important first accessory.

As far as replacement parts go the engine is the same as the KTM 525 EXC dirbike and the 525 ATV so you can use factory parts from either of those machines if you want. Regarding the rest of the machine you can buy replacement levers, bars, ect at almost any atv shop or site. If you break a unique component like soemthing from the rear assembly you will need to get those parts from a dealership.

Teufel
03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
The IRS is awesome for the woods - as for parts you can see from the other posts there are alot of aftermarket stuff getting out there and no problem with oem

Creslin10
03-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for you answers th PRM makes about every thing I was looking for and I was wanting skid plates because i ride on trails in about 400 acres of nothing but cedar trees we own. And as for the oil changing i guess 15- 20 hours is a pretty good bit of time. Thanks everyone I am pretty sure ill get the outlaw now.

evil 525
03-13-2008, 01:09 PM
does anyone make a cdi or rev box for the 525 yet?

OutlawBill
03-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by evil 525
does anyone make a cdi or rev box for the 525 yet?

Vortex does

TheOutlaw
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by somewon

Why are you so concerned about skid plates? Personally I think getting a good set of nerf bars is a much more important first accessory.

[/B]

You'd be a good person to ask it seems. I've never really understood nerf bars for people who don't race. Aren't they just there in the event your foot slips off, while landing a jump or something like that, or am I missing the point. Also, don't you ever have problems with the nerfs getting caught up on stumps or other obstacles?

ojcool
03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't run Nerfs on any of my quads. Yamaha Banshee, 250R, Outlaw 525, Kawasaki bruteforce, neither does my neighbor, Banshee, 400EX, Raptor 660, plus ut quads. Course you don't run them on Ut Quads at all, but I have never seen the need for them, I have never had my foot slip off a peg (knock on wood) though either. They just seem to get in the way for me.

OutlawBill
03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TheOutlaw
You'd be a good person to ask it seems. I've never really understood nerf bars for people who don't race. Aren't they just there in the event your foot slips off, while landing a jump or something like that, or am I missing the point. Also, don't you ever have problems with the nerfs getting caught up on stumps or other obstacles? one of the major things it does is keep other quads wheels out going into the first turn.

evil 525
03-28-2008, 10:04 AM
saw some one running the powernow and the powernow plus system from the scaryfast company on their 525. the thing is when I go to their web site and they don't list it. is any one else running this setup.:confused:

OutlawBill
03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by evil 525
saw some one running the powernow and the powernow plus system from the scaryfast company on their 525. the thing is when I go to their web site and they don't list it. is any one else running this setup.:confused: I just ordered the ones for the YFZ 450 and has been working for me

evil 525
03-28-2008, 05:41 PM
did it make a difference. I had the powernow on my z400 and it was hard to tell for me anyway

OutlawBill
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I could not tell but is does start easier. I add the Scary Fast stuff at the same time I added the 540 kit.

evil 525
03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
did it make a difference? I had the powernow on my z400 and it was hard for me to tell if and how much I gained on the bottom

evil 525
03-28-2008, 09:36 PM
did you notice any difference off the powernow system ?

evil 525
03-28-2008, 09:39 PM
sorry it posted so many times.

evil 525
03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
anyone out there tried the vortex cdi on their 525? I really want to get it but....boy 450 is a lot for something that you know nothing about.:macho :ermm:

Ogener
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
I personally think that the biggest plus to nerfs is that alot of people get the pro pegs wich blow away most stock foot pegs when it comes to grip. Plus the added peace of mind that your foot most likely wont reach the ground if it slips off the peg.

spanky101
03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
wont reach the ground and get ran over is what i am worried about. i will always run atleast nerfs heelgaurds on a bike. if you dont want nerfs but want ebtter pegs and still have heelgaurds look into rath racing XC setup

evil 525
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
outlaw bill

got my powernow and power now plus today. have a problem though the powernow + fit great. but the power now for the front doesn't fit in all the way. did this happen to you as well?

OutlawBill
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
there is a little cap just about a finger nail wide that is all

TheOutlaw
04-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Got an 07 outlaw today on ebay for $4200. Not too bad I don't think. First thing I did was order a JD Jet kit. When i see people list their mods I see "JD Jet, Big O-ring Mod" listed like that or whatever. Is the O-ring mod separate from the JD Jet kit or does it come included?

OutlawBill
04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by TheOutlaw
Got an 07 outlaw today on ebay for $4200. Not too bad I don't think. First thing I did was order a JD Jet kit. When i see people list their mods I see "JD Jet, Big O-ring Mod" listed like that or whatever. Is the O-ring mod separate from the JD Jet kit or does it come included?

The O-rings are part of the kit