PDA

View Full Version : Supras

quads14589
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
i might be able to get a generation 3 supra for 5 grand with 67,000 miles on it no turbo tho but is in mint cond. do you think there is anything fishy about it for begin this low in price? keep in mind the guy is from nyc on the island.

what are the pros and cons about supras?

ZBlaster
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
all i know about supras is my buddy just bought the fastest highest hp street legal supra ever made...1529 hp built by marco djurik sp?...search 1529 hp supra on google and you'll see it, i've ridden in it and i can say first hand supras a AMAZING.

but anyway, i would test drive it and check it out first hand if you havnt already.

You mean the car that Marco still hasnt sold? The big white lag beast... How long has your "buddy" owned this car?

jesseweaver
03-06-2008, 04:36 AM
one pro is rear wheel drive :D my cousin has one and they are mad fun to mess around in.

03-06-2008, 04:50 AM
their simply amazing cars and if you found one for that price snatch it because you can resell it for doube that

FHKracingZ
03-06-2008, 07:04 AM
wanna know what a 600hp supra and a 1200hp supra have in common???

they both run 11's in the 1/4 mile. hahaha , supras are b/a cars but not a good setup for drag racing, cant ever get traction...

but that sounds like a good buy ;)

NJ450rider
03-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Auto trans out of a turbo buick and the right slicks supras with 800 to 1000 hp can go low 10's high 9's. I watched it many times at the dragstrip.

How could it be non turbo? I thought all 3rd gen supras were inline 6 twin turbo stock? well modded ones you convert to single turbo.

Is that 1529 hp supra stock bottom end? I doubt it.

Stock bottom ended 1000hp supras are the ones that impress me. Thats a delicate hand grenade!

trick450r
03-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
You mean the car that Marco still hasnt sold? The big white lag beast... How long has your "buddy" owned this car?

hah marco sold the car on ebay for 72k like last year...then my buddy picked it up off the newer owner through a partial trade for his sti...trust me big guy i've seen this car in person. the turbo is the size of a basketball.

trxwannbe
03-06-2008, 08:37 AM
i'd like to see this "basketball" sized turbo and i wasn't gonna get into this thread but i'm pretty sure myself that gen 3 supras are all turboed stock andddd there is a supra out there with stock trans and rearend running i believe in the 7s i'll see if i can find the vid

trxwannbe
03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
found the vid so enjoy 8.62 at 169 and from what i understand he is in the process of building another supra because this one burnt to a crisp after he dipped it into the 7s

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABTRXWcttLc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ABTRXWcttLc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ZBlaster
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
hah marco sold the car on ebay for 72k like last year...then my buddy picked it up off the newer owner through a partial trade for his sti...trust me big guy i've seen this car in person. the turbo is the size of a basketball.

On another forum im on Marco himself said the buyer backed out from ebay, and he was going to wait till late this summer to sell it.

ZBlaster
03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
i'd like to see this "basketball" sized turbo and i wasn't gonna get into this thread but i'm pretty sure myself that gen 3 supras are all turboed stock andddd there is a supra out there with stock trans and rearend running i believe in the 7s i'll see if i can find the vid

Marco's car no joke has a big *** turbo. On your all MKIV's are all turbo'ed from the factory that is false. They made almost as many, if not more N/A ones than TT ones.

NJ450rider
03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
That video isnt impressive at all. There are supras here doing 9's without nitrous. That one has a 100hp shot.

mineralgrey01gt
03-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
Auto trans out of a turbo buick and the right slicks supras with 800 to 1000 hp can go low 10's high 9's. I watched it many times at the dragstrip.

How could it be non turbo? I thought all 3rd gen supras were inline 6 twin turbo stock? well modded ones you convert to single turbo.

Is that 1529 hp supra stock bottom end? I doubt it.

Stock bottom ended 1000hp supras are the ones that impress me. Thats a delicate hand grenade!

they made a N/A version of them in 93-98 years. There is something fishy about that price. Especially with only 67K miles on it. Bone stock TT ones with 140K miles on them are going for $27K or more. They are nice cars but dyno queens. Id take one but not for racing, just more of a fun factor

NJ450rider
03-06-2008, 11:18 AM
The problem still is all the backlash from the fast and furious movies. Even today around here people talk mad crap about supras. IMO those movies and the fact that people just own them to make them dyno queens has ruined it for the car.

There great cars but i wouldnt own one for fear of people wanting to steal or wreck it.

People in the tristate area dont like supras.

Even worse is that everyother person around here has a wrx of some kind. Its getting to be rediculous. There must be at least 15 to 20 in my town alone. I see one every 5 minutes.

mineralgrey01gt
03-06-2008, 11:20 AM
The problem still is all the backlash from the fast and furious movies. Even today around here people talk mad crap about supras. IMO those movies and the fact that people just own them to make them dyno queens has ruined it for the car.

There great cars but i wouldnt own one for fear of people wanting to steal or wreck it.

no what makes them dyno queens is the hundreds of vids around the net of a 700rwhp supra running 11's... With 700rwhp in a car, that should be 10's dipping 9's

NJ450rider
03-06-2008, 11:28 AM
10's maybe but definatly not 9's. I have never seen a supra with 700hp go 10's. It takes close to 1000 hp with the right trans/traction(slicks and whatever else). to go that fast.

Thats even like owning an srt4 like i have. Getting to low 12's is easy. After that traction is your enemy and a huge force to overcome. A buddy of mine has his srt4 with the stage 3 mopar turbo upgrade kit. Its about 360hp or so. Itll roast 235 wide street tires in all gears with no problem. It takes a big set of slicks just to get an 11.6 1/4 mile.

FHKracingZ
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Bullcrap NJrider , theres PLENTY of 600-700hp cars with the right setup in the very low 10's or 9's, especially with a tube chassis car. 500hp 4link drag car will run mid 10's all day long with the right tire selection and driver..

Saying something is street legal is a joke! Street driven is another thing, street legal, blinker , headlights, and whipers, big deal.

FHKracingZ
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Bullcrap NJrider , theres PLENTY of 600-700hp cars with the right setup in the very low 10's or 9's, especially with a tube chassis car. 550hp 4link drag car will run mid 10's all day long with the right tire selection and driver..

Saying something is street legal is a joke! Street driven is another thing, street legal, blinker , headlights, and whipers, big deal, any thing can be made street legal, but street driven often is another subject

trick450r
03-06-2008, 01:32 PM
On another forum im on Marco himself said the buyer backed out from ebay, and he was going to wait till late this summer to sell it.

well im not about to give out the owners name but if you want pm. me your cell number and ill send you a picture i took myself of the engine bay.

trick450r
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
oh and its very possible the car was not sold on ebay...all i know is someone i know traded his built sti for the supra, the supra was not running at the time, the supra was sent to amr in new york and is now up and running. The car has a full interior and looks stock, it has a th400 tranny and WAS daily driven.

scottsworld
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
my buddys 650hp turbo civic is running low 11 or high 10 on a ggod day

03-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Not all 3rd Gen supra's are TT. If you're going to buy a 3rd gen deffinitely buy the non-turbo'd stock because they have more potential for power gains then the TTs. My buddy bought one with his graduation last year and he regrets buying the TT because the non TTs are cheaper to start with and they're also cheaper to upgrade.

My 2 cents.

03-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Even worse is that everyother person around here has a wrx of some kind. Its getting to be rediculous. There must be at least 15 to 20 in my town alone. I see one every 5 minutes.

Its true, I see so many WRX's and 350z, and almost no supra's. There's an old 1st gen supra around where I work, but its nothing special.

ZBlaster
03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld

Specs on the build? I have a GSR swapped Si right now im going to be turbo'ing very soon.

ZBlaster
03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
well im not about to give out the owners name but if you want pm. me your cell number and ill send you a picture i took myself of the engine bay.

Im not doubting you, just like I said last time I heard from Marco it hadnt sold and he was thinking about keeping it.

mineralgrey01gt
03-06-2008, 10:13 PM
lol thats why I love domestics. No doubt supras are bad cars but they just dont run worth a flip from a dig. My friends 01 camaro runs 10.83 with 384rwhp, yes thats right, 384rwhp. Its all in the suspension. I could almost get my car to break into the 12's with suspension mods, but on stock suspension its running 13.60's with very few mods. Another local guy is running 10.57 with 600rwhp with a mustang. Again its all in the suspension.

and NJ450r, you might want to look at other vehicles besides supras for those numbers. Like i said A SUPRA IS A DYNO QUEEN. A guy with a mustang GT, its still a 2v, and for any mustang owner that knows 2v's knows that they are slow as hell. Well his GT with 800rwhp in one went 9.50's. I have the vid to prove it.

trick450r
03-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Im not doubting you, just like I said last time I heard from Marco it hadnt sold and he was thinking about keeping it.

well either he sold it...or my friend got a rediculously fast white supra with very close to the sane specs lol

ZBlaster
03-07-2008, 11:27 AM
well either he sold it...or my friend got a rediculously fast white supra with very close to the sane specs lol

Wouldnt suprise me either way, my buddy has a white supra with close to the same specs, he usually runs his low boost and around 800rwhp, but it is capable of 1200+ on 110 and high boost.

ZBlaster
03-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
lol thats why I love domestics. No doubt supras are bad cars but they just dont run worth a flip from a dig. My friends 01 camaro runs 10.83 with 384rwhp, yes thats right, 384rwhp. Its all in the suspension. I could almost get my car to break into the 12's with suspension mods, but on stock suspension its running 13.60's with very few mods. Another local guy is running 10.57 with 600rwhp with a mustang. Again its all in the suspension.

and NJ450r, you might want to look at other vehicles besides supras for those numbers. Like i said A SUPRA IS A DYNO QUEEN. A guy with a mustang GT, its still a 2v, and for any mustang owner that knows 2v's knows that they are slow as hell. Well his GT with 800rwhp in one went 9.50's. I have the vid to prove it.

10.83's with 384whp? What track and what details on suspension? My buddy is pushing 465rwhp in a triangulated 4 link 00 SS on slicks running 11.0's...

trick450r
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Wouldnt suprise me either way, my buddy has a white supra with close to the same specs, he usually runs his low boost and around 800rwhp, but it is capable of 1200+ on 110 and high boost.

well this car is so sick because it looks like a bone stock supra...full interior, the only thing its missing is AC, its got a 200 shot and i have seen his car on the dyno to 15xx hp...its now tuned for about 900 and its being daily driven right now lol

LT250_JOE
03-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld

A lot of fast cars in Levittown. Nothing better to do!!! Too bad the cops break balls about riding atvs in the area.

250rmike
03-07-2008, 08:33 PM
first off supras are great highway cars not just dyno queens. to the kid thats friend has the 650whp civic it should a hell of alot faster than that and third have you ever even drivin a high hp rwd car if you havent start off with a old mkIII stock supra (turbo would be fine) get used to driving the car first. i have ridden in high hp cars before and the amount of work to keep them on the road especially a turboed car is a whole lot more than you would think. by the way i know about supras my brother had a lexus sc300 that on low boost (18lbs on pump gas) ran 11.20 with more potential this was on the first couple runs out trying to get used to running the car. by the way i said had because i just got a call tonight that his car had been stolen out of my dads back yard. so if anyone in md dc va hears of any supra parts or a turbo 350 conversion coming up for sale all of a sudden let me know im gonna try to track down whoever did it or atleast figure something out to help out

RideRed84
03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry to chime in so late, but a con is that they're gay.

03-08-2008, 05:23 AM
So are muscle car:o

RideRed84
03-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
So are muscle car:o
I would agree that a dodge is as gay as a supra

250rmike
03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
here we go again another imports vs domestics thread who cares if you like a car than you like it. if you like imports and cant appriciate domestics keep it to yourself and vise versa there are some great cars on both sides lets leave it at that