PDA

View Full Version : Braking Bumps!!!!

300exQuadracer
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
I need some serious help on this one the braking bumps are killing me! i stand up try to sty loose and everything else on the track i run on its like clay braking bumps right into a sand rutted turn into a 15ft high jump, but anyway if your jumping around too much on the bumps you dont get the right ruts on the turn and loose at least a spot if your in the middle of the pack whats everybodys thoughts on how to stay alive in there???? help me out

11-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Ride into the turn faster and brake at the last possible minute..just enough to slow you down,,then get on the gas hard 1/4 thru the turn and hold on..lots of body english helps too..

QuadTrix6
11-20-2002, 11:40 AM
i would see how other riders are hitting that particular area of the track, and then i would spend the day practicing and focusing on that area untill you improve

fourwhls
11-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Shocks, Shocks, Shocks.....A good set of shocks will absorb most of the impact of braking bumps. Other than that, HOLD ON. Braking late and powering through the initial bumps will help, but make sure you are able to slow down enough to make the turn.

Texan32
11-20-2002, 12:32 PM
yep, i see nothing about aftermarket shocks in his sig. Now that i have got REALLY used to riding with my elka's, i can't stand riding anything with less.

300exQuadracer
11-20-2002, 05:31 PM
thanx guys keep em commin!!

300exQuadracer
11-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Texan32
yep, i see nothing about aftermarket shocks in his sig. Now that i have got REALLY used to riding with my elka's, i can't stand riding anything with less.

yea but i`m not made of money either, haha i got stockers right now and the rear works great for me but the fronts are a lil mooshy

stocktires
11-20-2002, 05:34 PM
-make sure your suspension is set-up right.
-do like rico said, full throttle, then full brakes and find then find the fastest your suspension will let you go through them
-Practice
-watch others go through them
-ask other racers, most other racers would be glad to help ya out!

Slipknot
11-20-2002, 08:24 PM
The best thing you can do is look for the smoothest line. You don't always have to follow the same line that is all rutted up (most of the time). Other than that, it's all about practice....

MxDale71
11-22-2002, 12:42 PM
Slipknot said exactly what I was thinkin. It's good to watch other riders but that doesn't mean that you have to take that same line. There may be some guys that seem really fast but the mental factor seems to hold some people back. Most of the time the most rough part of the track is on the inside of the track and people will keep on hitting that part. Try going outside... you may think it would be the slower line but if that's smoother, than more than likely you'll be going faster.

In other words, what looks like the fastest line (like the inside) may not always be the fastest line.

Moded86R
11-23-2002, 02:32 PM
There is a horrible corner at the track I race at.You come out of a rythem section.Start going down a hill and then there are some huge braking bumps before a berm and right hand corner.

I was having a horrible time with it.At first I still had my stock shocks.Then I had to lean back a little farther and stay loose.Let the rear suspension soak everything up.The it is harder to turn.So I would have to run way outside and then cut to the inside as quickly as I could.

Then I got my white powers and aftermarket A-arms.Basicly the same procedure except I didn't have to lean back.Try to stay on top of them.Just like RICO said.

Extremeracer167
11-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Well if u wanna play, u gotta pay. TO go fast and be smooth u gotta spend the money.....bottom line. If u got shocks, u would wonder how u ever rode without them. And you would be able to laugh at those breaking bumps!! I found that deep acceleration bumps were worse the breaking bumps, until i got my long travel rear! man what a differance!