PDA

View Full Version : >Electrical Harness Question<

Hondamaster5505
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, the whole harness in the banshee we picked up is a complete f'ing disaster. They cut wires everywhere thinking they knew everything about it and could fix it.

We have another harness, and I plan on trying to install it tonight..

Did anyone ever do this? How long did it take you? Anything difficult that has to be done, or just plugin the wires together and connecting them?

Thanks in advance. I don't think it should be that hard, but looking for someone that definitly knows.

Dinner
03-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Does your new wiring harness have all the plug ins for the TORS, throttle/parking brake sensor? Or is it a harness that has that stuff already off of it? Either way it is really easy to install a harness on a Banshee. It's pretty easy and I don't think you could screw it up at all.

And besides, people have cut down the stock harness to about 2 pieces,lol.

Hondamaster5505
03-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
Does your new wiring harness have all the plug ins for the TORS, throttle/parking brake sensor? Or is it a harness that has that stuff already off of it? Either way it is really easy to install a harness on a Banshee. It's pretty easy and I don't think you could screw it up at all.

And besides, people have cut down the stock harness to about 2 pieces,lol.

Just started today, and the plugs are different:grr:

I think I might install the other one back on.. we think it wasnt plugged into something.

Dinner
03-07-2008, 11:31 PM
The plugs are different? In what areas of the harness? Hmm maybe they are different, sorry if they are.

Hondamaster5505
03-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Dinner
The plugs are different? In what areas of the harness? Hmm maybe they are different, sorry if they are.

Just all of them are.

We're gonna try to get the original harness to work, and if not we're gonna splice the wires and put the matching plugs on the new harness.