PDA

View Full Version : Center Exhaust for Honda?!!

400exrapes
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I saw a guy on here that has a honda 450r the exhaust in the center coming out of the rear, its an hmf and has an hrc header. Does anyone know how he did this or if they are sold because i think what he did was he took an ltr slip on and mounted it to the honda header, it looked pretty good and i bet it performs and sounds good too. Leave your input please.

Scro
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Looks is just about the only benefit. You might could argue a little better weight distribution, but the difference would never be felt. It's really not practical. You can't run an airbox with the setup, so anything other than sand could cause problems. Also, theoretically, the less bends that are in a pipe the more power will be made. Then if ran any kind of suspension other than stock, it would probably hit the swingarm.

It would look cool and unique, but not practical.

d3ktrix
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
The guy that did this took his bike to HMF and they made it custom for him.

Civicssuck
03-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Not worth the time and money. If you want that, then buy a suzuki.

But I really do like a bike w a pipe in the middle, especially after my 600RR

07HRC450R
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
can someone post a link of the thread that the guy made cause i cant find it lol

JBacon
08-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by 07HRC450R
can someone post a link of the thread that the guy made cause i cant find it lol

X2. I want to see this..:cool:

blacknblue#2
08-16-2008, 01:58 AM
I cant seem to find the link but i did do some research on it after a buddy showed it to me. There is a guy making kits to do this and it uses an LTR slip on. No an airbox cant be ran but if you are running a strictly MX quad that wont affect you. It sets at the same level as what an airbox lift kit sets at so it can be used with a long travel rear shock. I believe the guy said he done dyno runs to compare it to his previous full system and it offered no more power but also no less. So if your quad is a full blown MX or duner i think it would be cool to have something different like that. I would look into it on my MX quad in the future but as of right now he is just making them for the 04/05 it said. And my 04 is my trail rider so i have to wait.

08-16-2008, 07:38 AM
here is a link to the thread

center exhaust (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267310&highlight=center+exhaust)

ChrisSekerak
08-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I am the one that had the exhaust built on the 2006 450R. I no longer own the quad....however....keep in mind i wanted to come up with something that no one else had....at the time when it was made....I HIGHLY doubt anyone had a professional set up like this one.

1. I did end up putting a dual rate zps shock in the rear and had NO problems whatsoever.

2. Performance....it performed just as good as any full system out there....there was NO power loss due to bends or sucking in hot air.

I ran it on wooded trails as well, if there was a lot of dust I had to use an outerwearer, and it still got a little dirty.

I beleive the kid that owns it now is a member of this forum....LSgoat i believe is his name on here, as him about the performance if no one believes me.

:rolleyes:

07HRC450R
08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
that thing is pretty sweet:eek2:
y did u sell it?:confused:

Purcell450r
08-20-2008, 03:54 AM
i don't ever remember seeing those pictures, that looks pretty sweet like that.

REPOMAN
08-20-2008, 07:38 AM
there was a guy on 450r.org making these himself and i think was making the air box for it also. he was talking about selling them as well.

REPOMAN
08-20-2008, 07:43 AM
here is the link for the same guy off the org.
link (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=361247&highlight=center+exhaust)

ChrisSekerak
08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah I'm sure someone as seen my set up and copied it or made something similar.....I had it professionally done, i probably wouldnt buy a set up someone built in their garage.....kinda like a knock-off almost :D