PDA

View Full Version : Updated pic of bike

bloodmoney23
03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
All I did was polished a couple things and added monster energy can reservoir covers. I still need to get my hipers, then i can put my Maxxis MX tires on. PS never buy ITP, gone through 2 sets of rims since october.
http://i28.tinypic.com/qyakog.jpg

hendershot106
03-05-2008, 09:25 AM
seat cover looks AWESOME!!!! and the can covers look good!

03-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice!
I think that stock rims are better than any aftermarket aluminum wheels. I would only replace then with beadlocks.

d3ktrix
03-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
PS never buy ITP, gone through 2 sets of rims since october.

Already kill the baja's?
I bent 1 of mine on the first ride, and I didn't hit anything, there trash.

Bike looks good, hows the upcoming polishing biz coming?

bloodmoney23
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Already kill the baja's?
I bent 1 of mine on the first ride, and I didn't hit anything, there trash.

Bike looks good, hows the upcoming polishing biz coming?

hey thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah my rear rim that you can see in pic is already jacked up. I never have a problem with bending the outside of rim, but where rim meets hub just twists like no other. So i have to buy Hipers, at least that way they will def get replaced if i crack the carbon fiber which is alot less likely than the alluminum rims. For the biz we are still waiting for ALOT of the stuff we ordered to come in. All we got so far was 10 cases of sandpaper, 2 drill presses, 2 buffer motors, the sand blaster and an 80 gallon air comp. we are still waiting on the BIG sandblaster, 2 more 80 gal. compressors, a couple right angle sanders, some special sanding pads, our 3 wall plastic room, our ventilation system, some really good sprayers (we are gonna do painting and bodywork as well untill we get the powder coating stuff) and other than some polishing bobs i picked up from some little store we got here we are waiting on 10 cases of different shape and size bobs and polishing wheels. so what i did on my bike so far is almost i would say half ***. We havent got the clear coat protectant yet either which makes it so you dont have to sit there and maintain it to hell every ride.

d3ktrix
03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
dayum u guys went all out.

Ya my baja bent the same way, the inside of the rim bent where it meets the hub and it just wobbles.
Same thing happened to 1 of my friends too.

If u don't wana spend the money for hipers u can get the douglas yellow label beadlocks in the back and the yellow label conventional centers in the front.
IMO there about the strongest wheels u can get.

bloodmoney23
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
well right now im on a stand still with money untill i can sell one of my cars. Once i sell a car I can get whatever rims i want so i wont mind spending on the hipers. But ill look into those Douglas Yellow Labels. Thanks for input again.