PDA

View Full Version : I want YOUR feedback on a potenial clothing line

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I have had a few ideas for shirts floating around for some time now. I am seriously considering producing them, I feel if I don't at least take the risk I will regret it in the future.

Right now i am just getting all of my ideas together and written down. I am looking for feedback on the styles/types/colors/overall designs

First, They are going to be screen printed. It is obviously the highest quality and holds up the best. They are also ATV related. Here are a few of the Initial questions I have for all of you

What material do you guys prefer? Cotton, a 50/50 blend, the Heavyweight T's, Or the lighter weight T's?
What colors of the actual shirt would you be interested in?
Do you prefer a logo on the front or back, with the design on the opposite side?
Lastly, what would you pay for a quality t-shirt? These are not going to be ironed on in my basement. They will be screen printed like any other shirt you would buy from a company at a store.

Anything else you would like to see?

Feel free to ask any questions. I will answer what I have been told I can.

I will have a couple preliminary designs within the next few weeks (minus my logo) depending on my work and school load.

m.h.s.c.#527
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
idk where i like that stuff till i see the design and stuff

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by m.h.s.c.#527
idk where i like that stuff till i see the design and stuff

There are quite a few things you could answer without seeing a design.:ermm:

tlskinn
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Produce a high end shirt. People pay for quality...otherwise you will be out of business fast.
IMO...Cotton..heavy T's..high thread count..$20bucks...I like mock 'ts...but it gets damn cold here. The key is design. I live near Sturgis and see 50-100 vendors a year selling T's. The quality guys seem to always be back.

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by tlskinn
Produce a high end shirt. People pay for quality...otherwise you will be out of business fast.
IMO...Cotton..heavy T's..high thread count..$20bucks...I like mock 'ts...but it gets damn cold here. The key is design. I live near Sturgis and see 50-100 vendors a year selling T's. The quality guys seem to always be back.

Thank you. That is my goal. I hope people will pay a bit more for a great quality product. This has been what kept me from buying shirts I have liked from various places. The design was good, but you could tell that the shirts were cheap, or the printing was second rate and/or ironed on.

I am pricing several options out within the next few days and I will have a general idea of the cost. However I am not allowed to post prices here, as I cannot turn this into a sale thread.

I do believe I can post a rough cost difference between the options I narrow it down to.

Crashmore 22
03-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I like a heavy weight tshirt. $25 is my limit on my t's. I would purchase a shirt with the logo on the front and design on the back. I don't like the opposite design. I like black, red, grey, bright green, white for colors.

Also, I DON'T KNOW IF I am the only person in the world with this problem, but the neck of the tshirt is critical to me! I WILL NOT buy a shirt if the elastic in the neck is stretched! I HATE THAT!

Good luck with your business if you pursue it.

m.h.s.c.#527
03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
There are quite a few things you could answer without seeing a design.:ermm:

thats true my bad i posted after i read #3 cuz imo thats the most important thing i dont really care what color or cotton or w/e

trxwannbe
03-05-2008, 02:12 AM
cotton,lightweight,high thread count,$20-30, and i'm very picky about the fit and i don't mean size wise i just like my shirts a little tight but not skin tight like the hollister,abercrombie shirts

54warrior
03-05-2008, 07:27 AM
I never buy t-shirts, because they never sell them in TALL sizes. The dang things are always too short and my plumber's crack hangs out.

Sell TALL sizes and I'll buy one. 2XLT

mittman
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
i like the cotton
any color is fine with me i'm color blind anyway lol
i would like logo in front and design in the back
i would pay about 25 no more than 30

cbrooks118
03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Crashmore 22

Also, I DON'T KNOW IF I am the only person in the world with this problem, but the neck of the tshirt is critical to me! I WILL NOT buy a shirt if the elastic in the neck is stretched! I HATE THAT!

Me too

shadowwalker
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys, keep it coming. Since they are going to be ATV related, what you guys say will be used as my guide, since riders are who will be interested in them.

450raider
03-05-2008, 02:59 PM
well if i may, i dont know much about the fabrics all i know is i hate how light and stretchy those tshirts are from like hollister (& others) especially for how much they cost, so based on what i just said i guess i like heavyweight im not sure, personally im a fan of black (im not goth or anything i just like how black matches everything) but to me it doesnt matter where the actual logo or designs are im more attracted to stuff that has like tribal designs going down the side or somethin (which would explain the ton of tapout stuff i own)

just thought id share

mod440ex
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
i prefer that my t shirts are on the longer side. i also like the heavier fabric that way they dont get shredded in the wash after several washes. i like my t shirts to be simple, you know design on the front or back. a smaller logo of the company on the sleeves is alright with me, but the main thing is that my ars crack dont hang out.:D

Anvil
03-05-2008, 06:13 PM
I prefer light duty T shirts, I'm not big on paying for logo's and company advertising. Quality in T shirts doesnt concern me much, its not as though I want them to last more than a couple of years anyway. Some of the best lasting T's I have had were cheapies, so defining quality can be hard.

shadowwalker
03-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Anvil
I prefer light duty T shirts, I'm not big on paying for logo's and company advertising. Quality in T shirts doesnt concern me much, its not as though I want them to last more than a couple of years anyway. Some of the best lasting T's I have had were cheapies, so defining quality can be hard.

To clarify my logo thing, I'm strictly doing t shirts as of now, and I need some way of identifying my brand. I obviously can't slap a Honda or Kawasaki logo on and call it a day. The logo isn't going to be obnoxious or large. It will most likely be centered on the front a few inches below the collar of the shirt.

I thought about doing the logo small on the sleeve, but the problem is that if the design is on the back, you have the whole front of the shirt open. I could do the logo on the back and the design on the front, but I feel like people think you have the shirt on backwards or something.

TRUE
03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Can we see a sketch?

shadowwalker
03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Like I said, it is going to be a bit because of my school and work load. But I am getting closer. They are going to be simple, clean designs.

shadowwalker
03-06-2008, 08:31 AM
just as an update, I've settled on a name, and will be getting the domain and website set up soon. I am looking into my financing options so I can hopefully initially offer a couple designs, and a couple colors of each. I can't really give any more info right now since I'm not a site sponsor and dont want to advertise without paying.

I do have a question for you though. Would you be more likely to buy a shirt if a dollar amount or percentage of a sale goes to atvriders.com? It is something I am going to look into, as I feel it would be nice to give back to this community.