PDA

View Full Version : Time for suspension....a little help here

leasureryan
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I am kinda on a budget. I have dumped a ton into this thing already, but need some suspesion upgrades. Not looking to make this thing all out race, but it is stiff as hell. What can I do to it, or what shocks can I use from differant quads, etc, to make it a little softer? Just give me several options if you know of any. I am not a suspension man at all

ZSNOW
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM
your shocks on the lowest settings possiable? there are no shocks that will make it any softer. only shocks that will make it more rigid. if ou did wider a arms tho it would make them softer.

elka is a great company to buy shocks from. just buy the recreational series. 459 and you got a high quality shock set up to YOUR specs.

ngarbe561
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
u can get them revalved or u can get a longer a arm and u may be abel to put yfz shocks on it and if u play with them u may find that they wrok well becuse the ahve a compresin adjustment and rebound adjustment

#22blaster240
10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
try out a warrior on the rear. it has full adjustments remote rezzy and lowers it a little bit. maybe some banshee fronts i got a set if ya want em

woodsracer144
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
find out how long your shocks are and tehn you can find out... if you go on ebay and find a cheap set just aks how long they are if there from like a 300ex or something... i think you could use warror shocks 250x/300ex might do some banshee, front yfz's mabie, i cant rember how long my blaster shocks were...

racer9t5
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
here are some you can use

Front shocks

yamaha banshee shocks, they are a direct bolt on and you don't need new a arms they are better that blaster shocks but not great however saying this lots of people say they can feel the difference and is an improvement.

yfz 450 shocks ok they are great and i know people who beet riders with peps and elkas with them. however you do need either the diamond J widening kit with shock conversion or at least +3+1 a arms to get them on but they are still worth it.

Honda 400ex they are good shocks and again like the yfz 450 shocks you need either the diamond J widening kit with shock conversion or at least +3+1 a arms to get them on.

there are probably more but these are the most common ones

Rear shocks

Honda 400ex, suzuki ltz 400 and Kawasaki 400 shocks right these are basically the same shock and all work really well they will raise your back a bit but not to much. your have to mount them by bending the air box so you can fit the resi in, you have to drill out the bottom mount to the blaster bolt dimensions and make a custom brushing for the top as their bolt is a bit smaller than the blaster's and it is near impossible to drill out the top mount for the blaster pin to fit. However this is a brilliant shock for a blaster and is well worth the hassle. how to: 400ex rear shock - Project Blaster Forums

Honda 250r shock again this is a amazing shock probably better than the 400 shocks you can go for the atc 250r shock or the trx 250r shock however early models shocks are a bit longer than the newer ones and will raise the back more i think it is pree 1986 that are longer you need to cut the 250r top shock sleeve to fit snugly between the bolt holes on the blaster. you can use your stock top bolt and your stock bottom pin cut the steel spacer to fit snugly between the bottom shock mount holes. '86 250r rear shock.... easy fit

Honda 450r shock ok this is a good shock but more for the track you have to mount it like the 400ex shock however you have to cut off one of the rear plastic bracket for it to fit it isn't as good as the 400 shocks and a bit harder to mount.

again there are more however these are the most popular if you want any more info on different shocks just ask and if you have anything to add feel free to post it up on here

Hope this helps a few people

SMS
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I have a arms that use 16'' shocks and ones that use stock legth in stock. You can use yfz450 that work well or 400ex shocks here some pics.

SMS
11-07-2008, 10:41 PM

SMS
11-07-2008, 10:41 PM
completed

SMS
11-07-2008, 10:43 PM

blastr02
11-15-2008, 05:15 PM
that is one sweet blaster you built . Is that one of your swingarms? how long is it ? +2+3? How much would you sell me one for? either +2or+3

SMS
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
yes it is our Snyder yamaha blaster +3'' round housing and it cost $750 and the comes with everything you need to bolt it on.

newnick
11-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Is the rear peg bolt inside the nerf bar mounting pipe on that frame? I've been planning on putting a set of those nerfs on a project quad for my son but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

SMS
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
left side tube is welded on and the rt side is bolted on so we can remove it if we need to pull cover fast at the track.

newnick
11-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks, by the way thats a good looking Blaster.

JDMThoughts
12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
So from what I just read, to use the YFZ 450 shocks, you only need to equip the bike with +3 +1 arms or the widening kits mentioned? I only ask because I have a pair of front shocks that came off a Special Edition YFZ so they are adjustable on compression and rebound, and I was gonna use them on my Banshee, but my friend is interested in them for his Blaster. How does this affect the brakes? Do new lines need to be run? Currently the bike has drums up front, but we are in the process of getting a hold of 03+ front brakes. Any info on this would be helpful.

SMS
12-12-2008, 07:38 AM
The plus 3 you can get away with stock cables but they are tight it is about 50/50 half want new cables and half don't. I have longer ones available if needed. If you want to order a set call and ask for a set of long travel +3+1 sms blaster arms. 866-345-5443 or we have ones that work with stock shocks as well. If you have any questions let me know. We also do full engine building for the blaster. I do have a few serious engines here from last years nationals and a big bore stroker 265cc engine both have nikel plated cylinders and are top notch engines.

JDMThoughts
12-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Do you do any kind of re-valving? I know the YFZ shocks I have are more setup for me as a 200lb B class rider. I am gonna see if my friend is interested in doing this setup with the +3+1 arms from you guys.

SMS
12-12-2008, 11:24 AM
yes we do but to be honest I would try them first I have had good feedback in the past.