PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a 450 plz!!!

ds450maniac
03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
ok I'm wanna start racing next season 09 and I'm buying a new quad soon and I have my chooses down to the 08 LTR, 08 DS and the 08 Polaris MXR but I'd like to hear what you gys have to say about them. I have a similar post like this one in the LTR section but of coarse everyone is saying the LTR. Do any of you guys have a 08 LTR? and if you do have you had any problems with the tranny's yet or anything else? And I like the DS because its different, most high-tech, prob the longest development period and its fast. And I like the MXR because when I wouldn't be racing I'd be on the trails and tracks near my house and the reverse on the MXR's come in handy, plus they have the KTM motors and Fox Shocks, and please don't bash polaris because I think that they've come along way from what they used to be and I won't say the word cause it might affect someone and I wanna give polaris a chance. Any input would help and pictures are nice:D :devil:
thanx and congrats you made it to the end:blah: lol

m.h.s.c.#527
03-04-2008, 09:45 PM
we own a polaris

if yu give it a chance you will get screwed
btw what do u plan to do with it im assuming mx

ds450maniac
03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
yes mx and areancross lol i guess i did forget to mention that

450raider
03-04-2008, 10:24 PM
well id say

kawi (yeah yeah its not in your final choices but you did say you ride trails so im just tryin to help)
then
ds
ltr
polaris

jmo

m.h.s.c.#527
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
id say ltr theyre so wide long and low

ds450maniac
03-05-2008, 01:45 PM
thanx guys

mod440ex
03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
if you are still wanting a trail quad out of your mx bike your trails had better be wide. i know i personaaly dont like the looks of the polaris. are you going to be dumping alot of money into it, or are you looking for a stock ride for now? if you are going to be doing both i would have to agree and add the kfx.

raptor 250
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Id look up the cost of the replacment parts before choosing a racer.

416exfreak
03-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by raptor 250
Id look up the cost of the replacment parts before choosing a racer.

LT-R is going to be cheaper to replace parts on, because its already been out for 2 years.

Id go with the LT-R. It's already wide, and low. It looks killer, and you cant argue with the 2 title's it already has under its belt.

Just ask Doug Gust, he knows all bout dat:devil:

(excuse the crack on the old rap song by TI)

ds450maniac
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
ya right away I don't plan on adding anything to the quad exept nerf bars and a tether and I also think that the LTR is the way to go. But the DS is awsome and so high tech how can I not consider it? lol I love how it looks and all of the research that can-am did to make what I consider the best 450 out right now. But what I like about polaris is it to has reverse like the kfx does but it also has a KTM engine and Fox shocks which I'd rather have than the KFX IMO. I'm not dissin on the kfx or nothing but I have other quads on my mind. Here's my list in order from what I like the most and why.
1.)DS- looks awsome,development,speed,tecnology
2.)KTM- super fast,looks awsome, top notch,but it costs to much for me to start out racing on.
3.)LTR-looks killa,fast, on the improvements on the 08's and look at what their doing in the racing industrie.
4.)Polaris MXR-looks unique,KTM engine,Fox shocks,Reverse
5.)KFX-Reverse and it looks alright but what does looks matter? they don't performance and reliabilty do
6.)YFZ-fast, I hate the way they look and they have problems
7.)TRX-I like the looks but I'm not a Honda Fan

ltr450rider21
03-05-2008, 04:43 PM
LTR is deffenitly the way to go.

everyone above has said the reasons.

baldwinmx450r
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I was on an ltr last season while it is a great bike I never was able to get 100% comfortable on it, and I had it set up with the best of everything. Plus working on it was an absolute pain in the ***! Even the chain adjustment sucked.

However I just picked up an Outlaw 450, The only thing you may not like is that you need torx head sockets in order to work on it. Once you get passed that everything is super simple to work on. It comes stock with steel braded brake lines (that will work on +2 A Arms) Magura Hydraulic Clutch, and Fox Shocks. I'm headed up to TC Racing here in two weeks, then we'll really see what kind of power we can get out of it. PEP, Rath, and Lonestar all have products currently available.

-Ross

klutch
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Dude i say go with the DS its obviously what you want most. Also, how can you stay away from all the technology put into that bike?! lol Though the MXR i'd say would be a close second. IMO i'd choose a TRX i am a Honda man though but with your choices i'd say to go with the DS if not the MXR is also nice. I am not a suzuki man at all so no help from me there dude.

Get the DS. If not get the MXR.

GE4x4
03-05-2008, 07:18 PM
If your going to keep it mostly stock, the MXR450 would be a good choice. Has a awesome stock suspension that make rideing very enjoyable. Huge gas tank for long day of rideing, plush seat to keep your butt comfy, reverse for those tight spots, very light, great tires and wheels, and power that will keep a very big smile on your face.:D

ds450maniac
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
thanx for your input: ltr450rider21, baldwinmx450r, klutch & GE4x4 it helped but I also have to say a few more things and ask a few more questions to you guys.
1.) I will be adding stuff to my quad after I get it just not right away, I'm the type of guy that once I get something it can't stay stock for a long period of time, sorry I guess I did word that funny lol.
2.) Do you guys think that other company's will step up and make aftermarket parts for the MXR's other than Rath,Lonestar and Pep?because like I said I can't keep stuff stock for a long period of time it bothers me lol
3.) Have you took the MXR to a track yet baldwinmx450r and if so how'd it feel/do and when you get your quad all beefed up post some pics and what you had done please cause I'm curious about these new polaris quads.
4.) Can you turn down what Can-Am has to offer? cause its hard not to turn it down.
5.) Like I said the quad will not stay stock for too long but ya the DS and the MXR seem to offer more for me,but then the LTR is almost track ready at 49". IDK this is soooooooo HARD lol
6.) Also for you guys that have the MXR,LTR or the DS how much room do you have because I'm 6 foot and still growing and space is also important.

mod440ex
03-05-2008, 09:13 PM
i would say go out to eahc of the dealers sit on them feel which one feels best for you. i havent seen a whole lot of aftermarket stuff for polaris or can am, but i also havent been looking. i know companies make the basic stuff for them you just might not have the selection. it sounds to me like you really like the can am, if so go with your gut. i loved the kfx when it came out and i knew thats what i wanted, i have been very happy with it and have not second guessed myself once, and that was my gut instinct on what to get. so just go with the can am, i think it would be a great bike for both woods and track. the fact is with so many choices of 450 out there you cant really go wrong with any of them. good luck:D

ds450maniac
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
you have a point thur mod440ex you can't go wrong with any of the 7 450's thur are to choose from. The only problem I have about going to the dealer and siting on them, because the dealers around me don't have the DS in yet and had the MXR and sold out so I just gotta wait I guess. And yes the DS is the one I want the most by far and my gut instinct is to get a DS and thats prob, what I'll end up getting cause its a callin my name lol. Like you said you followed your instinct and haven't gone wrong, I'm sure I won't either cause when I first saw the DS I was like "Holy Crap thats gonna be my next quad" but since then all of these other 450's have came out and it confuses me on what to get and boy to I hate being confused lol. Thanx for the help everybody,keep the input coming plz.

Sam

Hondamaster5505
03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by ds450maniac

:huh This is obviously not a yamaha site.

So many people bash the yfz, but why? You can't talk crap about them if you never had one.

1) I think they look sick (I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

2) One of the faster stock.

3) Handle great

4) NOT MANY PROBLEMS! Yeah, the earlier models had some issues, but they went through so many changes over the years that if you get an 06 and up they're great. I know a million people with YFZ's and NONE of them had problems with them.

So it would be one of my top choices next to Can-am and KTM. To each his own, but at least with the YFZ you're still one of the fastest, and it will always start for you.

klutch
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Hondamaster... most people already know how biased you are when it comes down to Yamaha. He has already chosen that he doesn't want one so let it be.

Anyways DS450maniac i think you should go with the DS. Though that MXR makes a close second. All in all i think the DS is one of the best bikes on the market right now. I think you will feel fine without the reverse. I've never really needed it. Its a nice feature but not truly needed. I think that no matter what you choose you can't really go wrong. Go with your gut.

Hondamaster5505
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Hondamaster... most people already know how biased you are when it comes down to Yamaha. He has already chosen that he doesn't want one so let it be.

Hey hey hey, did I not say that I would pick it NEXT to the DS or KTM?

I would rather have the DS also, because im also a huge fan of those rotax engines.

But he asked to help decide what 450 to get, and I noticed he had yamaha at the bottom. Yamahas a great choice among the others like the DS, KTM, etc.

klutch
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Lol i know i was just saying... either way i dont want to go into a whole biased thing with you again (you being the yami lover you are, and me being the Honda lover) lol atleast we both agree on the DS. I do like the YFZ though very nice bike only Yamaha i would EVER even consider buying.

but in order my choices in the 450s would be

DS450
KTM 450XC
TRX450R
YFZ450
MXR450
KFX450
LTR450

Hondamaster5505
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Lol i know i was just saying... either way i dont want to go into a whole biased thing with you again (you being the yami lover you are, and me being the Honda lover) lol atleast we both agree on the DS. I do like the YFZ though very nice bike only Yamaha i would EVER even consider buying.

but in order my choices in the 450s would be

DS450
KTM 450XC
TRX450R
YFZ450
MXR450
KFX450
LTR450

My order would be:

DS450
KTM 525XC (I know, but if you can go bigger, why not?)
YFZ450
LTR450
TRX450R
KFX450
MXR450

I'm gonna keep the banshee. When i'm a little older, the 400ex is going, and I am completely skipping the whole 450 thing. If I buy another 4-poker its gonna be my trail bike. I want something powerful and comfortable.... can you say.... RAPTOR 700! I already have a screamer, now I want a torque beast.

ds450maniac
03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
thanx again guys on saying what you think. I personally like the DS's alot as you already know,mainly because of the power and looks and I mean look how long they held production on them,I thinks its because they were fine tuning the DS to be faster and handle just as good or better than any stock quad;all I know is that Can-Am did thur homework in the past 7 years, I give them a A+++++ lol and I'm also glad to see that you guys have the same top two as me,good choices;)

HondaMaster: its not that I'm bashing the yami but my friend has a 06 and its junk and its always broke with something mostly the crank and some other drive train parts and some carb problems but thats no biggy if you get it fixed when you notice somethings wrong. All though he had one of the first 06 yfz's in Pa so maybe it was an early model thing idk.

ds450maniac
03-11-2008, 10:08 PM
c'mon guys lets get this thread started again just because the more info I have the better right???

klutch
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
I still think you should get the DS its sooo sick looking lol. I would buy a DS450X in a heartbeat if i had the money for one.

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
c'mon guys lets get this thread started again just because the more info I have the better right???

Look at your username

416exfreak
03-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
I want something powerful and comfortable.... can you say.... RAPTOR 700! I already have a screamer, now I want a torque beast.

Spoiled much?

Be happy with what you have. If I had a 400ex and a banshee, it would be hard for me to choose which one to take riding.

700's are torqey, but you have to wake them up first. Pipe, Filter, Intake and an EFI module. Then its a beast.

3rd gear holeshots are fun:devil:

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Spoiled much?

Be happy with what you have. If I had a 400ex and a banshee, it would be hard for me to choose which one to take riding.

700's are torqey, but you have to wake them up first. Pipe, Filter, Intake and an EFI module. Then its a beast.

3rd gear holeshots are fun:devil:

Its not that im spoiled, I just like to dream.:p

I would kinda rather have a modded banshee over a 700 anyway

klutch
03-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd rather have a stock 300EX over a modded banshee :) unless i was able to part the banshee out to buy a nice 450, or a 400ex or something :D :devil:

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I'd rather have a stock 300EX over a modded banshee :) unless i was able to part the banshee out to buy a nice 450, or a 400ex or something :D :devil:

f you, lmao

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
thanx again guys and Klutch and HondaMaster your 100% right, specially you HondaMaster, about my name lol. I think that I will go with the DS or maybe even a DSX like you said klutch but I'm not a huge fan of black plastic. The MXR is in 2nd for me right now and the LTR is in 3rd thats pretty much what it amounts to for me.:D :rolleyes: and if I go with my gut like other guys said and thats what I should do cause I always do; then I'll end up getting the DS just because of what I said earlier: It looks awsome, has a fast rotax engine, factory race map, nice shocks and all the frickin power I need to race mx and dominate...hopefully lol:rolleyes:

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 02:03 PM
hey Hondamaster5505... you are not making my thread go south mmmm k lol. Don't try to start a fight on my thread plz cause it will go south like the rest of the treads on here that people get in fights on. Thanx and me personally would rather have a modded out banshee over almost anything but a 450.

klutch
03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
f you, lmao
lol i love messing with you bro :D

DS450Maniac i would choose the ds450x just because i'd rather black plastics over yellow... i wouldn't have that kind of money to buy an entire set of new gear lol i think a completely yellow atv with all my red gear would like weird. I like too match unlike some people. Go ahead and make fun of me lol i dont care.

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
lol I here ya, I like to match to but I'd buy new gear instead of trying to match by getting the quad with the matching plastic lol.
Just messing with you lol and i to like the DSX more because of the black plastic but I just don't like how fast black plastic fads after you ride it and if you will ride trails and mx on it, it will get scrached and scraches look horriable on black plastic IMO. I only know this because one of my friends has a black quad and after he's done riding it looks bad and it still looks bad after washin it because ALL of the scraches show. I'm don't dis-n anybody with black plastic lol this is just my opinion.

klutch
03-12-2008, 02:35 PM
We tend to do the plastic renew thing alot or just spray paint the now faded scratched plastics and next time they fade or something we repeat lol

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
hey Hondamaster5505... you are not making my thread go south mmmm k lol. Don't try to start a fight on my thread plz cause it will go south like the rest of the treads on here that people get in fights on. Thanx and me personally would rather have a modded out banshee over almost anything but a 450.

lol, its ok dude. me and him been messin around like that for fun, we aint fightin.

klutch
03-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah me and Hondamaster don't fight we just mess around lol i always say something about the banshee but i never really mean anything offensive by it its just fun and games :)

L0w3r55
03-12-2008, 03:42 PM
hey when you get the sexy ds take some action pics cuz i havent really seen any of a ds yet, freakin dissapointment:(

LONG LIVE THE WARRIOR!!!

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by L0w3r55
hey when you get the sexy ds take some action pics cuz i havent really seen any of a ds yet, freakin dissapointment:(

LONG LIVE THE WARRIOR!!!

The DS is sick-lookin, but the front end is.. is hideous. Without the headlights it'd probably look better.

Better than the 450r! theys ugly!:p lmao

Hondamaster5505
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd rather have a banshee over a 450:) unless i was able to part the 450 out to buy a nice banshee, or a banshee or another banshee :D :devil:

I fixed your post for ya:D

klutch
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I fixed your post for ya:D

LMAO

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 07:32 PM
LOL sorry guys I didn't know, I just didn't want this thread to go the wrong way and I didn't think that you were kidding lol its alright hahahaha...and I'll post up some actions shots for you guys when I get the DS, which will prob. be sometime near september because then I could save some money on a left over or I could buy an 09. I literally have a major obsession with the DS lol. wanna know how bad?
1.) I made a album of just about every DS picture I've ever found and put it on my myspace.

2.) I have a frickin shrine of DS pictures on my Nano just so I can look at it lol...Ya I have the DS syndrom and that doesn't stand for down syndrom lol jk-ing...I hope nobody takes offense to that. lol

klutch
03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
LOL i am obsessed with riding and i can admit it lol. Not obsessed with a certain bike.... am obsessed with most of the 450s... lol and the 400ex....

ds450maniac
03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Lol I hear ya klutch, I like most of the 450's and I'm obsessed with all of them in different ways but the DS is at the tippy top of my obession list and I can't forget local races and when the pro's come to town. I went to my first national last year at steel city's first ever ama pro atv open and all the pro's were thur and now I'm hooked on goin to races lol. Like all of us on this site, we all have problems with our machines and everything else in the industry lol and it just can't stop. I always say that I'll ride until I die... or can't walk... but I'll get an automatic lol:devil:

zack221
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Ltr all the way I love mine. Its so smooth compared to any other 450 i have rode. It was a huge difference between it and a 07 450r my ltr was 10x smoother and it jumps great.

blacknblue#2
03-13-2008, 01:31 AM
I say the DS. I hate it that i bought a new quad last winter and spent alot of money gettin it set up cause if i woulda rode my 05 just another year i woulda bought one one of the DS. as for the ltr, ive rode some stock LTRs and some set-up LTRs and i read in one of your previous post that you are 6 foot and growing. I am 6'3 and around 200 lbs and i cant get comfortable on the LTR. it seems to me like the footpegs and seat dont have enough room between them for a log legged person it felt like my knees were bent too much. Their a da*n nice quad they just aint the best ride for a bigger boy i dont think.

baldwinmx450r
03-13-2008, 11:43 AM
I haven't taken it to the track yet. I have been busting my but trying to get parts and get the machine built before the ballance GNC. I can post pictures once i get it built.

ds450maniac
03-13-2008, 07:04 PM
thanx for the input guys and does any one else out there think that the ltr is small exept black&blue cause I have heard that the ltr's have alot of room,but it's different for everyone...I heard that the DS has a good bit of room to but idk, once I find a frickin DS around here at a dealership then I'll sit on one and also the LTR and MXR and see how they all feel.

klutch
03-13-2008, 07:36 PM
IMO the LTR is extremely tiny... i sat on one in the local powersports dealership and it felt like a baby bike. I honestly thought it was a 250. I am 6"1 so I am not extremely tall or anything. But, it felt very small...

ds450maniac
03-13-2008, 08:31 PM
thats supprising to hear about how small the LTR's are, I thought that they had alot of room and most of the magazines I read said that they had alot of room to but I won't know for myself till I sit on the quads. However I hear that the DS's have alot of room too so idk. thanx

Hondamaster5505
03-14-2008, 05:37 AM
thats supprising to hear about how small the LTR's are, I thought that they had alot of room and most of the magazines I read said that they had alot of room to but I won't know for myself till I sit on the quads. However I hear that the DS's have alot of room too so idk. thanx

IMO the LTR has a similar stature as the LT500 Quadzilla. The long front end and such.
Like, just how wide it is and how long the front-end is pushed out.

I've never sat on an LTR, but the quadzillas are beastly big.

Anyways, ds450maniac= DS450 Maniac! You made your username what it is because you love the DS. I think you've made your decision when you became a member on the forums;)
Plus, if you got something different, it wouldnt match your username:blah:

ds450maniac
03-14-2008, 02:21 PM
lol, ya you have a point thur HondaMaster my user name wouldn't match,but hey with 7 450's out thur its really hard to choose:devil: but ya gotta love it. Am I right or am I wrong? lol
but like I've said before I'll prob get the DS just cause of how much I love it and think that it's the 450 for me. The LTR is really close behind though and the MXR is still in third.

klutch
03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Just get the DSSSSSS! lol IMO the LTR aint all that pretty =\. The DS has its own unique style and I LOVE IT. lol The LTR has tooooo many rigid and pointy edges. Looks like i might cut myself just by walking into it or trying to strap it down to the trailor or something lol.

raptor 250
03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
ds is that a suzuki

klutch
03-14-2008, 02:29 PM
ds is that a suzuki

Can AM is DS 450
Suzuki is LTR 450

raptor 250
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
gotcha never seen a canam. suzuki 450 is a bad .... though. gotta think about parts availability too?

klutch
03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
gotcha never seen a canam. suzuki 450 is a bad .... though. gotta think about parts availability too?

I think he was planning on keeping it stock for a while. Just the essentials if i'm not mistaken. Such as nerfs, handle bars, tires, pipe, kill switch, bumper etc..

ds450maniac
03-14-2008, 02:57 PM
yup your right just the essentials AT FIRST that is lol. I'll just get handel bars, tires, bumper, killswitch,exhaust,nerfs, K&N, port and polish,rims idk it all depends on how much money I have after buying the quad.:D.....Eventually I'll prob end up getting everything else. First it will be the stuff I need in order to race and then I'll start with the suspension and then the motor. But I hear that the suspension is exellent on the DS's so maybe I'll just need to get them set for my weight.

03-14-2008, 03:05 PM
ya right away I don't plan on adding anything to the quad exept nerf bars and a tether and I also think that the LTR is the way to go. But the DS is awsome and so high tech how can I not consider it? lol I love how it looks and all of the research that can-am did to make what I consider the best 450 out right now. But what I like about polaris is it to has reverse like the kfx does but it also has a KTM engine and Fox shocks which I'd rather have than the KFX IMO. I'm not dissin on the kfx or nothing but I have other quads on my mind. Here's my list in order from what I like the most and why.
1.)DS- looks awsome,development,speed,tecnology
2.)KTM- super fast,looks awsome, top notch,but it costs to much for me to start out racing on.
3.)LTR-looks killa,fast, on the improvements on the 08's and look at what their doing in the racing industrie.
4.)Polaris MXR-looks unique,KTM engine,Fox shocks,Reverse
5.)KFX-Reverse and it looks alright but what does looks matter? they don't performance and reliabilty do
7.)TRX-I like the looks but I'm not a Honda Fan

Well the ktm 4 stroke engines are not nearly as good as their 2 stroke engines and now alot of other brands 4 strokes are better then the ktm 4 stroke. You keep talking about how they come stock with fox shocks but they are the ones that they mass produce and they are pretty much like any other stock shock.

klutch
03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
yup your right just the essentials AT FIRST that is lol. I'll just get handel bars, tires, bumper, killswitch,exhaust,nerfs, K&N, port and polish,rims idk it all depends on how much money I have after buying the quad.:D.....Eventually I'll prob end up getting everything else. First it will be the stuff I need in order to race and then I'll start with the suspension and then the motor. But I hear that the suspension is exellent on the DS's so maybe I'll just need to get them set for my weight.

By the time you decide to start putting shocks, a arms, axle etc. there will be ton sof manufacturers for them lol

ds450maniac
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
ya thurs already alot of people making stuff for the DS now but like you said they'll be more company's by the time I decide to add other stuff and MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER. Right? No doubt bout that. I already have it all planned out lol

klutch
03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Sounds good man :D. Anyways i just got word that i will have my 450R for sure by next friday i am so freakin excited right now. This sunday will be my last ride on my 300EX. (not really keeping the 300 as back up but you know what i mean lol)

ds450maniac
03-15-2008, 07:41 PM
congrats on moving up klutch, i will be upgrading from a 250 which is way to small for me...to a 450 of course lol

ds450maniac
03-25-2008, 08:04 PM
ok I have it down to the DS and LTR now and this video has me second guessing on the DS because they guy riding the LTR is 350 and the guy on the DS is 178 I think I read but thats a big lead on the guy with the ltr and big weight difference kinda. Both quads had a pipe and some form of an intake system

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Bonkers789/?action=view&current=MOV00686.flv

klutch
03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
ok I have it down to the DS and LTR now and this video has me second guessing on the DS because they guy riding the LTR is 350 and the guy on the DS is 178 I think I read but thats a big lead on the guy with the ltr and big weight difference kinda. Both quads had a pipe and some form of an intake system

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j83/Bonkers789/?action=view&current=MOV00686.flv

Tires/Gearing lots of different variables in this race to judge it off of.