PDA

View Full Version : Check this plane out

jesseweaver
03-04-2008, 08:02 PM
my uncle flys this plane for the guys who own Dart paper company. its a 45 million dollar plane. each engine costs 7 million. he had it at the local airport the other day and im interested in flying so i went with him and did the preflight and everything, and taxied to the other side of the airport. it was pretty cool. there were couches and TVs all over the inside. and you think its bad when you put 75$ in gas in your truck, it costs $20,000 to fill this up. he had to fly it up to NY and got there from southern PA in under 20mins. just thought id share...some people might think its kinda cool.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/GEDC2130.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/GEDC2125.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/GEDC2132.jpg

btw...does anyone on here have their pilot liscense? ive been thinking about getting mine.

redfox350
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
thats a pretty nice plane...your uncles lucky he gets to fly such a nice one....ive been thinking about trying to get mine but im still undecided....might sound stupid but do you know if you gotta have your license to fly jets in the military?

CannondaleRider
03-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by redfox350
thats a pretty nice plane...your uncles lucky he gets to fly such a nice one....ive been thinking about trying to get mine but im still undecided....might sound stupid but do you know if you gotta have your license to fly jets in the military?

As far as I know...all aviation training will come from the military.

I do believe you have to hold a 4-year degree to qualify for a Pilot position though.

400exstud
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
All I can say is wow! Do you have any idea what kind it is?

I am deffinately getting my certificate after college. I want to get it right now but it would just be pointless with at least four years of school ahead of me.

I spent an entire week up at EAA Airventure last summer (Oshkosh, WI). If any of you guys are even mildly interested in aviation you should check it out. There is more money there than I have ever seen. The military puts on quite a show! C5 and F22 Raptors among many others.

300EXrider356
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Mmmmm Gulfstream, is it a 4 or 5? My pops fly's a converted military Saberliner from the 70's, pure jet, not some turbo fan sissy crap lol. Man it screams, imagine an f-18, and thats what this sounds like. He used to be a flight instructor in his spare time, but now just does it for fun. I thought about getting my pilots license, but it just doesn't make sense for me at my age. Maybe once I settle down, and have a steady job.

smr
03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by redfox350

Millitary will train you however you must first be a comissioned officer. The best way to do that is JRTC in college.

jesseweaver
03-05-2008, 04:40 AM
this is a gulfstream 5. i was thinking about getting my liscense too, but it costs too much right now for me and i would just want to do it for fun, not make a career out of it.