View Full Version : finance question

rdw03400ex
03-04-2008, 07:51 PM
im trying to sale my street bike so i can buy new quads. i still owe money on it and dont have the money to pay it off and get the title until i sale it. so if i find a buyer can we go to a notary and sign over all rights to the bike to the buyer until i get the title??? or does anyone have any suggestions on how i can work this? we called hsbc who we have it financed through and when we pay off the amount owed to get the title it could take up to 30 days for me to recieve it. so im in a bit of a jam. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

ktMan
03-04-2008, 08:09 PM
i just did the same thing i got rid of my street bike for my new quad, i owed money on my bike also but i traded it in towards the new quad and the just took the existing amount owed and added it to the new bill. worked for me, not sure if it will for you

rdw03400ex
03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
i really dont wanna trade it unless its my absolute last option. but thanks anyhow

tlskinn
03-04-2008, 10:19 PM
First of all, the 30 day thing can be expedited. Inform "hsbc" of your situation (get a name of the person/loan officer who has your loan) and ask them how this can be expedited. My assumption is they are banking on 5 days for mail coming, 5 days of mail going, 5 days for the check/money to clear the bank, and 5 days for cushion. You could fedx both ways, send a money order and be damn nice to the person who will be handling prior to the whole transaction.

Another option is...and I am not sure who "hsbc" is, but if the new buyer needs financing and is willing to use them, then it is a matter of paper transfering and signatures. Banks are slow to deliver titles, but very fast on initiating loans.

rdw03400ex
03-05-2008, 05:27 AM
hsbc is the bank that does the credit cards,atleast for kawasaki and yamaha. we did the 69 a month deal for 2 yrs. but ill try calling again and find out whos handling my loan. thanks