PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design K&N Pro Flow Air Filter and K&N Power Lid

07trx400ex
03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Pro Design K&N Pro Flow Air Filter/ and K&N Power Lid.
(includes outer-wears over filter)

Is anyone running this setup as well as a full after-market exhaust?

Does anyone have any of the individual components?

I am especially curious about the K&N Powerlid. It looks like it would be ok with the dust, but not good with mud. If anyone has used the power lid in muddy conditions please tell me how it does.

Does anyone use the Pro Design Billet Base from the Pro Design Filter Kit? It seems like it would open the plumbing up, but would it let too much dust and dirt in?

This would probably be run with a Yoshi rs-3 full system, and it will all be installed at the same time so I only have to jet once (being very optimistic about that). It should feel like a whole new bike from what I have heard.

08400EX
03-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I have the Powerlid and have been running in muddy, wet, and snowy conditions since day one. Nothing has gotten past it yet.

Later on I plan to do some Wide Band Tuning runs with and with out the Powerlid, and with and without the stock lid to really see if there is any change in airflow.

This was my maiden trip and also the "cleanest" trip so far :-)

http://www.928gt.com/images/400ex/CIMG2003a.jpg

07trx400ex
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks that is exactly what I needed to know about the powerlid.

If anyone has used the Pro Design Billet Base, I would like to hear the results.

hungus07trx400
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
The power lid is great. I've been running it with a Uni Foam Filter so if anything (nothing has yet) muddy gets by the foam filter should grab it.

glamiskid395
03-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 07trx400ex
Thanks that is exactly what I needed to know about the powerlid.

If anyone has used the Pro Design Billet Base, I would like to hear the results.

ive been using the prodesign power-up kit since day one maybe day two. and its a great kit.
only downside is i payed about $200+ for it. that includes jets, K&N filter, Prodesign base, Pro-Design outerwear, and cleaner and oil.

the base is only there to give a more solid clamping area for the K&N filter.

brian76708
03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
i have the power lid and the KNN filter with outwears the set up works fine i think i might switch to a uni though i dont know if i trust knn but i bought the quad with this so o well and the outerwears make me feel better running this the only thing is in realy dusty conditions make sure to hit the power lid on something when your dones because it gets caked on with dust

oh yeah i also have a hmf silencer but no header

hungus07trx400
03-28-2008, 05:09 PM
yeah that's true, before i clean my powerlid I tap it against the ground until the dirt stops coming out, then I rub it with a fine bristle brush, then tap it some more and even more crap comes out. It can really work its way in there.