PDA

View Full Version : 4punks

AlaskaSpeed
11-19-2002, 11:37 PM
watch out for Joe...he believes that rubbin's racin....LOL Nice racing with ya, Joe..........:D

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
watch out for Joe...he believes that rubbin's racin....LOL Nice racing with ya, Joe..........:D

I thought that was you.........LOL

thanks for waiting up for me............LOL. I think I chose the wrong bike that one time. I noticed you did the same thing another time. The high end ravage is the fastest thing on the track. It smokes the predator (bee6000)

I have to get a keyboard for that thing I guess...........that internet racing is a blast!

you cant miss me on there.............my jersey name is 4Punks and my number is 4

AlaskaSpeed
11-20-2002, 12:23 AM
LOL...Joe, yeah...I had the Nacs 250R that one race and you smoked me with the Ravage 1000. Doesn't help that you ran me into the hay bales in the first turn....:D Catching up in that game is tough if you race someone that knows how to play.....JIM

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
LOL...Joe, yeah...I had the Nacs 250R that one race and you smoked me with the Ravage 1000. Doesn't help that you ran me into the hay bales in the first turn....:D Catching up in that game is tough if you race someone that knows how to play.....JIM

turn 1 is a killer for me...............everyone with a slower modem starts to flash on & off the screen..........I think I am in 1st & all of a sudden a quad appears :o

I didn't realize it was you until you pulled those 2 brake checks on me that threw me over the bars :p

Wired
11-20-2002, 12:50 AM
damn sounds like fun, i'll have to catch up with you two online sometime :macho

beerock
11-20-2002, 02:13 AM
damn, they need a phat computer atv game that you can play online..... graphics would be better... and cable is here!

QuadJunkies
11-20-2002, 08:01 AM
I just got the game yesterday,but I wont be playing it until Jan. I dont have cable modem out here yet...:( I bet its cool to play against each other:D

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
damn sounds like fun, i'll have to catch up with you two online sometime :macho

I am sure I will be online again tonight

what is your jersey name wired?

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I just got the game yesterday,but I wont be playing it until Jan. I dont have cable modem out here yet...:( I bet its cool to play against each other:D

play with the phone modem..........you need a 40.00 network adapter for playstation, but its worth every penny.

trueblue450
11-20-2002, 08:21 AM
I saw 4punks on their last night.. whats your name alaska.. I'm Studer.. Some of the people on their really suck.. I beat a dude on the b6000 and i had a nacs 250r. But theres a guy named mike on their. We had a pretty good race. He won two and i won two and they were all seconds apart.

I know what you mean needing a keyboard 4punks.. that typin crap is annoying.

trueblue450
11-20-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

play with the phone modem..........you need a 40.00 network adapter for playstation, but its worth every penny.
**** yeah.. I was wonderin if I should or not.. Then when I got it home I was happy I did. I have dial up but it still runs purty good. It lags a lot sometimes but what can you do.. I thought that Twisted Metal Black came in it but you have to send something in OHH well..

Can dial up playagainst cable and dsl??

And why can I only play with 2 players and not 4.. ?? Is it due to the dial up>... Thanks

Texan32
11-20-2002, 08:27 AM
so, your saying that dial up runs ok? My wife just baught me the game. I really wanna get online with it! I don't have DSL or Cable...can't justify paying an extra 30-40 bucks a month for something i use 1 or 2 times a week.

trueblue450
11-20-2002, 08:33 AM
its playable.. it all depends who you connect with. But you will se the quad move most the time. I recommend it.

QuadJunkies
11-20-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

play with the phone modem..........you need a 40.00 network adapter for playstation, but its worth every penny. WEll... I went to but the adaptor last night, and the guy told me that youahd to have calbe modem or DSL to play, Im not quite aure how it all works but it sure sound fun,Id love to play you guys when I get her up and runnin:D

400exstunta
11-20-2002, 08:50 AM
you dont have to have cable or dsl. you can use dial up as well. i promise you.

Guy400
11-20-2002, 09:09 AM
I thought I read somewhere that you can play on dial up but you'll only be playing with other dial up users. Something with the Sony server won't allow dial up users and cable/DSL users to play together.

L.Vegas400
11-20-2002, 10:19 AM
can you play it with a puter only or do you have to have a playstation to actually play it

beerock
11-20-2002, 10:58 AM
yeah what he said....

Wired
11-20-2002, 11:50 AM
4punks my jersey and screen name online is GUETTER. im already making a name for myself online. guys get a keyboard or a USB adapter to use the one from your computer, it makes seting up GOOD games alot more easy! :macho otherwise you just join random games and they usually turn out to be $hity races that quit half ways through the race, man that pisses me off lol:blah

Wired
11-20-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
can you play it with a puter only or do you have to have a playstation to actually play it

not sure im following what your saying but its a PS2 game. the computer has nothing to do with atv fury 2 online play. the ps2 has its own modem for connecting and you play on whatever tv you use to play ps2. does that answer anything? i guess i didnt understand the question correctly :macho

L.Vegas400
11-20-2002, 12:37 PM
thats not the answer i wanted but it does answer my question perfectly. will they or do they make a version for the computer, since i dont and prolly wont get a ps2?

Wired
11-20-2002, 12:42 PM
nope, they didnt make one for the first one so i doubt they'd do it for the second one.... :(

AlaskaSpeed
11-20-2002, 01:59 PM
Jon,
I'll be getting the keyboard today. After racing Superman Joe last night, I really wanted to type to him and set up some boundaries on getting run into the haybales in turn 1!!! lol......I'll be on later.....Alaska21...........

Wired
11-20-2002, 02:09 PM
well im still trying to decide what i want to do today.... go home and work and try to finish up on my fmx or stay up at school and play some fury 2 online and later on do some street bmx riding...... im going to check the weather, if its suppose to be nice this weekend i'll stay up then finish it over the weekend.

trueblue450
11-20-2002, 02:15 PM
man i need dsl? can you dsl guys play 4 players or what? But I dont understand why we can't play eachother.. stupid.

SlapNutz
11-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Now i need to get a computer to play :macho

trueblue450
11-20-2002, 02:24 PM
you connect to the internet with the playstation.. the comp has nothing to do about it.

cheetah
11-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
I thought I read somewhere that you can play on dial up but you'll only be playing with other dial up users. Something with the Sony server won't allow dial up users and cable/DSL users to play together.

Yep that's how it works, dial-up users can only play dial-up users. It's still fun, but not as good and you can only race 1 on 1, so you can't have a full 5 player race. It sucks I really wanted to race you Wired, just wait until I get broadband.:p

Wired
11-20-2002, 03:30 PM
:devil

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 06:11 PM
Heading to the PS-2 in a few minutes..............I will look for you fellas online. I will only be online until around 9pm. I was up until 1am last night!

Wired
11-20-2002, 06:14 PM
i'll be on in a half an hour 4punks, i'll look for ya

tants
11-20-2002, 06:36 PM
how is atv fury 2? is it worth like $300 for ps2, the game, and the computer thing? are the graphics any different because your online? and how are reaction times, like if 4punks makes a turn, you will see him turn right away...? i may just get it

cheetah
11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Nasty250r
how is atv fury 2? is it worth like $300 for ps2, the game, and the computer thing? are the graphics any different because your online? and how are reaction times, like if 4punks makes a turn, you will see him turn right away...? i may just get it

The graphics are just as good if you are playing by yourself. The lag ultimately depends on your connection. I dunno about broadband, but from what I have heard it's pretty good. On dial-up it is not that bad. There is a little lag, but not much. It depends on how many people are playing, you connection, and the person your playing with connection.

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 08:25 PM
can't type...........got nintendo thumb!

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 08:26 PM
i'll be on in a half an hour 4punks, i'll look for ya

getting the keyboard adapter tomorrow.

how come you didn't join our races?

Wired
11-20-2002, 08:42 PM
yea sorry bout that, the other 2 roomates were downloading movies off the net and we only have a dsl line to split between us on our router. so the connection i had was really poor so i decided to just quit cause it sucked anyways. i'll be on another time then we'll race :) are you guys all cable or dial up?

4punksdad
11-20-2002, 08:46 PM
yea sorry bout that, the other 2 roomates were downloading movies off the net and we only have a dsl line to split between us on our router. so the connection i had was really poor so i decided to just quit cause it sucked anyways. i'll be on another time then we'll race :) are you guys all cable or dial up?

cable here........not sure what the other guys are running.

wyndzer's bike froze on the track in one race..........stuntsta & I were trying to smash into him & break him loose, but it didn't work.

AlaskaSpeed
11-20-2002, 09:17 PM
Joe,
I wasn't on long, but didn't see you. Wyndzer did join a race I hosted, that was cool. There are a lot of guys that love to ram ya in the corners.....touchy feely racing..........:D JIM

QuadJunkies
11-20-2002, 10:23 PM
O got my network adaptor today!!!:D :D :D Now, what the heck do I do with it..:confused: Ill lok you all up in a few weeks when I get used to this whole gaming thing;)

AlaskaSpeed
11-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
O got my network adaptor today!!!:D :D :D Now, what the heck do I do with it..:confused: Ill lok you all up in a few weeks when I get used to this whole gaming thing;)

Tina,
It is pretty simple, just follow the directions and you'll be online in no time.....JIM

Wired
11-20-2002, 11:27 PM
you guys online right now?!?!? im bored

4punksdad
11-21-2002, 06:26 PM
I'll be online racing at around 8pm eastern time.