PDA

View Full Version : Oil injection block off question

Perazzimx14
03-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Tonight my daughter and I attempted to remove the oil injection from her DRR 50. We removed the oil tank, oil lines, plugged the intake and removed the cable and coil spring. I have a single cable in route as we speak. My question is I cannot remove the oil pump (two phillips screws) without removing the jug. I would rather leave the jug alone. Is it possible to just leave the pump in place as the block off? Also should we epoxy the holes shut in the plastic part in front of the stator where the oil lines were run or leave then alone?

We also drained the fuel tank and carb bowl before premix was added.

Thank for the input,

Lance

ecmini1
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Lance,
You can leave the oil pump drive in place it will be fine.
How ever you dont need to remove your cyl jug to remove drive. Its a great idea to plug up the hole in the cover to keep dirt out.

bulldogfallon
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
You can plug up the oil pump hole with a 7/8" plug from Home Depot or an expansion plug found at a local auto parts store

Perazzimx14
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Well I finally got the oil pump out. I was looking at two tiny phillips screws on the top of the pump and never noticed the two screws down a little deeper.

I looked for a 7/8 expandable at three auto parts store and all I could get was a 1" or bigger. So I came up with another fix. I removed all the guts from the pump and then used a dremel w/ a cut off wheel and cut the top of the pump off. With a little belt sander work I removed the rest of the material down to the top of the flange. I then filled the hole where the pump shaft went through w/ 2 ton epoxy. Total work time was about 20 minutes. Now if only I knew how to post pics of the finished product.

I also cut a piece of 1/8 lexan to fit inside the plastic cover to filll the voids where the lower hose and cable went through. I will epoxy that in tomorrow and close evereything up.

Lance

Perazzimx14
03-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Everything is back together and the DRR is up and running.

If anyone is interested in the factory double throttle cable it is avaliable. It is like new with only a couple of rides on it. It is priced at the rock bottom price of FREE just cover shipping and/or maybe a couple of stickers. If you are interested send me a PM.

Lance