PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Quadtech Hood Mounting ?'s

atvhonda-rider
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey guys i have some questions on how to mount the Quadtech carbon fiber hood to my maier plastics. It doesnt seem like a good fit? It kinda seems like i have to shove the hood down against the plastics and i dont want to break or crack anything so whats up here? Also, how should i mount it? As in with what.. drill holes and use rivets or do nuts and bolts? Let me know any info helps, thanks guys.

partyboy300ex
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I have the the exact same problem and question. Any info will help.

partyboy300ex
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
bump

atvhonda-rider
03-08-2008, 06:56 AM
hey partyboy, i ended up mounting it to where the nose of the hood hang off about an inch and a half, i did that cuz when i bolted it up top all i have to do is push down gently and its completely flush with the plastics, it doesnt look bad at all due to it doesnt hang off enough, but i'll have rig something up on the nose.

AtvMxRider
03-08-2008, 07:30 AM
get some pictures of it cuz I am having the same problem

03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
I had the exact same problem, what I did was line the hood up with the front of the plastics so it was flush, then marked around the handle bars and trimmed it to give the cables some freedom, drilled two holes in the front of the hood and used two black plastic rivets. Then drilled two holes, one either side at the top end of the hood by the bars and used plastic rivets for that. Looks as good as it gets. I'll post some pics once I get it back from the workshop.