PDA

View Full Version : powdercoat cost/opinions?

Dr89
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
im looking for a rough estimate of what it would cost me to get all four wheels, bumper, grab bar, and nerf bars all powdercoated black? I know the prices are gonna vary from shop to shop but im just looking for an "in the ball park" price...if it helps a friend of mine got his entire frame and subframe done at the local shop for $200.

Also any opinions on whether or not it would look good/better to do this? I just dont think aluminum really stands out with white plastic so I thought black would look pretty sweet. also gloss black or stealth black? any other colors you think would look good instead? maybe hubs...?

Dr89
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
and perhaps the a-arms as well? dont know...black too?

TheNewn
03-06-2008, 03:43 AM
Just to get you some info (guess Pappy is busy).

Pappy does not coat a-arms that do not have removable ball joints (almost every stock a-arm, like the YFZ if i saw the picture right).

Also, if you look at the BK Performance page, you can see Pappy has posted a sticky on what his prices are, i believe everything you listed is on there. Go ahead and look there for the parts/prices you're looking for.

I always wondered if it was worth it or not to powder coat rims, seems like rocks and such would chip even PC away pretty quickly. Maybe powder coat the whole rim but that outer rolled edge? that would look bad *** i'd say.

Also as my opinion! I wouldn't go black on too many things, get some color in t here, white and RED look pretty good together.

Dr89
03-06-2008, 08:58 AM
yea i was thinking the a-arms couldn't be powdercoated too but wasn't sure. as for the rims, they would probably get chipped up eventually but i thought it'd be cheaper than buying black ones, and i could touch them up with a paint pen or somethin...i like white and red too but that stock frame just seems hard to match :confused:

Pappy
03-10-2008, 08:28 AM
sorry i have been out of town covering the gncc series

i usually dont pick the colors unless i see something that would look ugly

i do rims all the time and they hold up great from the feedback i get.,,,but the chance does exist that they could get scuffed no matter what they are coated in

Dr89
03-10-2008, 09:20 AM
if i just wanted to send my wheels and get them done in stealth black, what does shipping usually cost?

Pappy
03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
rims usually run around $8 each