PDA

View Full Version : Best A-arms ?

CatherineCG104
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I seem to keep messing up stock a-arms so i am now looking at getting aftermarket. What would you say is the best, as far has durable?

Also do you run a-arm guards? Do you think they really help or just add weight?

Thanks,
Catherine :)

xtylerx
03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Are you just looking to get aftermarket standard travel arms, or aftermarket long travel arms with better suspension.

I personally wouldnt bother with aftermarket standard travel arms, I would just go ahead and buy a LT front end, of course its going to cost you quite a bit more, but it would be worth it.

Once you decide what you want to buy, you want to look at the styles of riding you do. if you ride MX or Dunes, +2 a-arms would be the best, if you ride trails alot, something similar to XC racing you would want to stick with either stock width or a +.5 or +1.

If you do a lot of trail riding and wanted a LT front end, I would go with a Maximum Ground Clearance a-arm something similar the the XC Houser arms, or the ARS-FX arms.

CatherineCG104
03-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I race trails and sometimes goof off on some jumps! So im not sure what to go with all i do know is i don't want to keep buyin stock and messin them up!

xtylerx
03-04-2008, 06:41 PM
How do you ruin them?

I have ran stock ones for quite some time and never messed them up, never bent them or anything.

CatherineCG104
03-05-2008, 05:19 AM
First one was by a tree and this last one was from comming off a jump that was bigger then i thought.

Then a friend of mine has a Raptor and he has messed up like 3 since i started riding in Dec.

yfz450inMI
03-05-2008, 07:32 AM
I tend to stay away from ASR, Fullfilght, etc.

Any of the top name companies will be good.

Laeger makes a set of +2 dune editions in black for around $500. LSR also has a set of recreational a-arms in that price range - they only come in silvervein. They are also +2's. Houser has some good deals going right now on their a-arms.

I wanted +1's for my YFZ a couple years back and went to Herrmann racing. Brad builds a very nice set of a-arms, and you get to chose your length and color(s).

I bought my newest set of Houser's from www.atvgalaxy.com

Simon MX49
03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
JB makes one of the best front ends you can get for a Yamaha. I've got a set on mine, they offer relatively good ground clearance, but I've got the ride height on my PEP's pretty low