PDA

View Full Version : tattoos

J//FLY
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
okay so tha thing is im gettin a half sleeve pretty soon here ,but idk if i should get color in or black an white ,or if i should get black an white with like little color highlights.tha theme is tha death celibration skull an tha angles of death an brass kuckles on my bicep. then tha word family going across tha back of my arm. wuts ur guys input on tha color an tha idea?send some pics too if u have any.

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 03:03 PM
From my personal experiences I'd go black and grey on your arms. They typically see the most sun, and the black ink will hold up better. The tattoo will also not depend on skin tone to look good. Certain colors don't look good on tan skin (yellows and oranges). I have pretty much a half sleeve on my right arm and it is in black and grey. Not only did the theme just work better in black and grey, I knew my arms would see a lot of sun.

I have a color one on my left arm that faded terribly only a year after I got it, but it was due to a bad artist. I am getting it covered up sometime with black and grey, it faded so much it looked like someone colored on my arm with a marker and I tried to wash it off. Again, this was mainly due to a bad artist.

I have a color one I got on my leg that looks fantastic. It was done by the guy that did my right arm though, and he knew what he was doing. I chose to get it in color because of the particular design, and my legs don't see as much sun from sitting and stuff.

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
here is my right arm. You can see my awesome tan line :rolleyes: and see how it doesn't really matter what tone your skin is. If I had a light color on the bottom it would be really hard to see.
Its still red cause that was the day I got it. You can see the yellow marker he drew it with. The tree and skull are two separate tattoos.

J//FLY
03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
tha reason i ask this is becuz if i want to add on i dont want my arm to be black an color inlk it jus looks weird or course im not adding anything below tha elbow till my career is set.jobs could be an issue with ink

shadowwalker
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Black and grey will look the best when you add on to something. It doesn't fade as quickly. Colors are going to fade quicker and depending on the length of time between additions, the same ink is going to be different shades o the given color.