PDA

View Full Version : ZPS Fronts, Non ZPS Rear

havinnoj
03-04-2008, 11:18 AM
How severe are the consequences of this?

03-04-2008, 01:20 PM
The front might sit to low. But I ran zps fronts and a ssd rear and it handled fine.

havinnoj
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
ZPS and SSD are the same thing. SSD is Elka's acronym for ZPS.

dustin_j
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
My brother's 400ex has PEP ZPS fronts with a stock rear, and it handles very well (IMO). I have not looked into sag setup at all though, it was very well setup when he bought it.

Note: my 400 (Elka tripple rate fronts & stock rear) was the first aftermarket suspension I've ridden, and my brother's is the second, so I don't have a lot to compare to.

bradley300
03-04-2008, 03:22 PM
none at all, the rear shock will still sag, and thats what your after with a SSD/ZPS anyway.

set the sag correctly on the rear and then set the front shocks ride height a half inch higher than the rear and there wont be any consequences.

in fact, all elka (i assume, all ive seen at least) rear shocks are std. non ssd shocks,a nd all the fronts are SSD

bradley300
03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
The front might sit to low.

this is a complete misconception. ZPS/SSD only makes it sit lower while no one is on it. once you sit on it, it dosent sag as much as a simliar non-ssd shock so in the end they sit the same.

SSD is nothing more than good marketing. get the quad to sit low while your looking at it and people think wow that sits low it must handle great, when in reality its no different than a non ssd shock once you are on it, which is the way most people ride