PDA

View Full Version : 6 Yr old wants to try racing

cbrooks118
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Long story short, took my family to arena cross this weekend and my daughter wants to give it a shot next time. I plan on getting her some spacers and new tires for the raptor to keep her balanced, and if she decides she really likes it I will look into the 2 strokes on here everyone raves about. I have a few questions though?

The only racing I could find in my area (other than the traveling arena cross) is the OCCRA (Oklahoma Cross Country Racing Association). Has anyone had any experience with them? It seems pretty family oriented.

Does eveyone travel around and camp at the races in their toyhaulers? (yaaaay i get to get one!)

Is there anything I need to be aware of that most people would not think about when taking up racing for the first time?

I am pretty handy with quads as i have maintained many quads over the years and even a couple of complete engine builds, so i think with my wrenches, of course my money, and my daughters smiling face it will be great way for us to stay close.

double d 1
03-04-2008, 11:12 AM
try TOQRA texas,oklahoma,quad,racing association. i think thats it. they run in both states. out door mx. there is AMP that races in ok.city in the winter flat track racing. go to flattrackmac.com they have some info there. i think there is racing in ADA ok. just got my 8 year old son involved in the flat track/tt racing. he has done about 3 races now, he loves it.

EJ Racing 07
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
One thing you need to be aware of is CASH its hard to hang on to when you get into this...but what the hell its to much fun!:D