PDA

View Full Version : Predator 90 help

medicallen
03-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check for me. Here is the deal 04 Preddy 90 with the usual go fast goodies. It is having an occasional sputtering issue, Seems like the first moto it runs great second moto when it first takes off it sputters and acts like the choke is on, then it usuall clears out pretty quick, then just seems like at random times it will sputter again on and off. Compression is good, carb seems tuned good since it's just happening on and off. fuel flow seems to be okay, and doen't matter if the plug is new or old. Is there some problem with the electrical on these I don't know about that might cause this?

etondaddy
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Try cleaning the carb real good.............. when was the last time it was tore down and cleaned.

Mike Kozura

medicallen
03-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Carb has been cleaned a few times since this started, even changed out carbs and cleaned that one, don't help at all.

03bill
03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Had the same problem on a Kasea. Check the reeds, mine had one little spec of dirt on it and caused the same problem that you are having. I also installed carbon fiber reeds and have not had an issue since.