PDA

View Full Version : Predator 90 Help

medicallen
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check for me. Here is the deal 04 Preddy 90 with the usual go fast goodies. It is having an occasional sputtering issue, Seems like the first moto it runs great second moto when it first takes off it sputters and acts like the choke is on, then it usuall clears out pretty quick, then just seems like at random times it will sputter again on and off. Compression is good, carb seems tuned good since it's just happening on and off. fuel flow seems to be okay, and doen't matter if the plug is new or old. Is there some problem with the electrical on these I don't know about that might cause this?

THARNESS
03-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I had this happen to our predator twice. The first time the stock tethered kill switch had a short. I replaced it with a pro armour and fixed that problem. The next time was more difficult. It acted like it was a jetting issue, but after hours of jetting and testing it was no better. Finally I ran an additional ground wire from the coil bolt to a bolt on the engine and it was fixed. Since then i have helped several others with the same problem. For some reason when you hop up those engines the stock ground isn't enough to make them work properly.

Good luck,
Tom

medicallen
03-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks Tharness I will give that a shot, I was thinking it had to be electrical some how.