PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Sold!!!

TRX250X
03-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Just learned about this on a jeep forum I frequent.

Not bad news though, apparently the owners of Paragon purchased it. There is a post on the paragon site about it.

This should probably be in the "where to ride" section, but I thought it was big enough to go in here.

derekhonda
03-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Good maybe the new owners will maintain the trails.

400ex28
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
I didn't see that comming, but hopfully the new owners will take care of the place better.

<DRS>GPF
03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Good maybe the new owners will maintain the trails.

agreed..

seems like the old management always took down anything that resembled a jump except for the kiddy/bike track up front..

quad2xtreme
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Prior to being in the ATV scene, I used to be in the Jeeping scene. I was active in the early days of Paragon. Kyle Knosp is a really nice and hard working guy. His wife Stephanie was in the Jeeping scene too. I am sure they will do great things. They really got screwed on the Paragon deal. Funny thing is that airport isn't ever gonna turn a profit even if it does go through. The only ones that are going to make any money are the few pushing it. In the end, the taxpayers will get screwed dumping money into a wasted cause. New York isn't about to let the package business leave its airports for PA.

hondarider101
03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
where is it at?

quad2xtreme
03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Badlands are in Indiana. Paragon was in Hazelton, PA.

RideRed84
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
It would be nice to see some new ownership. The place is awesome to ride but the maintenance and staff sucked for the most part. There were a couple nice ladies but mostly the staff had a bad attitude.

700bRad
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
The lady at the front gate with the messed up teeth is always super nice to us when we go. Whenever we break a flag she always repairs it for free :D

700bRad
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
agreed..

seems like the old management always took down anything that resembled a jump except for the kiddy/bike track up front..

That is very true! there are basically no natural jumps there because they have all been destroyed or taken down. We used to air it out halfway down those sand dunes untill the past couple years, now there seems to be nothing...

derekhonda
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Thats funny I was wondering what happened to that last summer, used to be a real nice kicker and a pretty decent table top, think they just knocked it down.

What they need to do, is build and maintain a beginner to moderate motocross track.

spend a week in the trails with a bobcat and knock down the ruts.

And finally, put fencing up on hills where it literally is a 10 foot drop off. I don't know how many times ive climbed a hill out there and found out theres no other side, it just literally drops back down. Don't even climb there anymore.

If they did those three things, i would go much more often and thus give them more of my money.

Raptor68
03-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by 700bRad
The lady at the front gate with the messed up teeth is always super nice to us when we go. Whenever we break a flag she always repairs it for free :D

Haha yeah she is super nice and remembers us every time we go lol

ricksmx865
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
And finally, put fencing up on hills where it literally is a 10 foot drop off. I don't know how many times ive climbed a hill out there and found out theres no other side, it just literally drops back down. Don't even climb there anymore.

x2

that was my first big crash there.... we where there about 30 min before it happened

quads are heavy, luckily i walked away

BOOSTNO7
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I was out there riding last sunday and it wasnt too bad... still thats b4 the new owners and i didnt hear anythign about it till i got back home

Moto49X
03-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

My neighbor broke his back and pelvis on one of those. I dont really mind them because im always expecting it to be there.